Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines.

The Viking
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Linked
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
I have been playing this game for a few years now, and all I can say is wow.. However most people who have also been playing the game rarely agree with me. To me, this game is really under appreciated. It's THE vampire game to me.

The story is good, gameplay is good too, except melee and hand to hand combat is a bit over average. Graphics are good too, but could have been better. (Females look a bit angular) No comment on the sound.

The atmoshere is just perfect. Especially in the creepy parts. The haunted mansion freaked me out, the first time I played it. I also like all the different bloodlines, played all of them, but one of them I grew quite fond of. The Malkavian, it takes a bit of patience to adapt to the madness at first, but after that you get to laugh a lot.

Anyway, enough blabbering. What are your thoughts on this game ?
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
I remember reading a review on it a couple of years ago, and I was enthusiastic. However, at the time, my PC wasn't good enough to run it, so it kind of slipped from memory.

I might see if I can find it somewhere sometime. Though, isn't Bloodlines an expansion?
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 7, 2003
Messages
1,478
Best answers
0
I loved Bloodlines. Like you said, the atmosphere was PERFECT. They got it down to a T. When I walked into one of the dance clubs for the first time, I was floored. And remember the char--what was her name? VV?

I don't think I've ever seen such a seductive female character--game or otherwise.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
2,490
Best answers
0
It was a great game. Sadly it was buggy as hell for me and I couldn't finish it, so after a long and arduous struggle with all sorts of odd bugs and tweakage I finally conceded and uninstalled the thing. It was really great, though.

There have been some unofficial patches being put out for it on file shack. I guess the game has such a community that they decided to take it upon themselves.
 
The Viking
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Linked
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
SailorAlea said:
I loved Bloodlines. Like you said, the atmosphere was PERFECT. They got it down to a T. When I walked into one of the dance clubs for the first time, I was floored. And remember the char--what was her name? VV?

I don't think I've ever seen such a seductive female character--game or otherwise.
Mrs. Velvet Velour was quite the sight, but I liked Jeanette Voerman more, she's a Malkavian like my own character. :D

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I remember reading a review on it a couple of years ago, and I was enthusiastic. However, at the time, my PC wasn't good enough to run it, so it kind of slipped from memory.

I might see if I can find it somewhere sometime. Though, isn't Bloodlines an expansion?
No, it's not an expansion, it's more a sequel to Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. Though they're very different games.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 7, 2002
Messages
2,275
Best answers
0
Fugly nosferatu ftw, made the game so much more intresting a fifth time, 'tis a shame all five of my saves corrupted themselves in the end. my only gripe was how gun fun was never really on par with melee and you ended up spanked all the time D;
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
I loved the game, just it ran at an average of 15-20 fps on my machine =\ not to mention the 10 minute loading times... If it hadnt been for that I wudda played it a lot more, but after spending half your time playing at a crappy fps and huge loading times, when you got to some actual difficult parts of the game reloading was a complete *****. Hence I had to stop playing it =\ soon as i can upgrade my pc, I'll definately install it again.
 
ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
3,612
Best answers
0
ooh I was so in love with bloodlines ... the atmosphere was just so friggin awesome. A really good thing about it is that you can play it over and over agian and solve things differently then before .. I beat the game like 6 times xD

but yeah .. the loading times were awfull >_< ... I ended up extracting all the files from the archives into the game dir which reduced loading times by like 30-50% ... but also increased the size alot xD

Music in the game was good too imho ... really fits the whole theme. loved the music in the alysum (sp?) and in the last round bar :)

The haunted mansion freaked me out, the first time I played it.
Hell yeah ... It was so scary .... I was alone in my room at night, all lights off ...
i still somewhat hate that part for that (omg the basement was freaking me out ...).. though its an awesome spooky atmoshpere
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
The game was super awesome. I hated the fact that all the speeking in the game had echos. Tremere are the best class so far. One hit kill special or if the character has a health bar, then a LOT of damage.
 
The Viking
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Linked
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
DJ-Ready said:
ooh I was so in love with bloodlines ... the atmosphere was just so friggin awesome. A really good thing about it is that you can play it over and over agian and solve things differently then before .. I beat the game like 6 times xD

but yeah .. the loading times were awfull >_< ... I ended up extracting all the files from the archives into the game dir which reduced loading times by like 30-50% ... but also increased the size alot xD

Music in the game was good too imho ... really fits the whole theme. loved the music in the alysum (sp?) and in the last round bar :)

Hell yeah ... It was so scary .... I was alone in my room at night, all lights off ...
i still somewhat hate that part for that (omg the basement was freaking me out ...).. though its an awesome spooky atmoshpere

Oh yeah.. where you see that butchered woman running and suddenly dissapear again. I also hate that mansion, so each time I play I rush through and be done with it =p

The song in the Assylum is called Chiasm - Isolated.

And Kidboy, you should try Malkavians too, they also have a one hit one kill attack, called vision of death. Plus you get to laugh your ass off.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
So this sucks completely. I try to install the game on my computer and everything is running fine until I choose to start a new game. As soon as I do that then the load screen comes up, loads for a split second, screen goes black and the game exits. Then I get an error message saying there was a problem with the vampire.exe. I know for a fact that the patch does not help this situation because I've played the game before without the patch and it was fine. I also installed the patch to see if it fixed it and it did not. Anyone know why this is happening?

My computer specs are:
Amd 64 bit 3200+
Asus a8r32 MVP Dexule CrossFire Mobo
(2x512mb) 1gb corsair
Radeon x1900xtx 512mb video card


I've used the CPU and the RAM on this game before. The only thing thats new is the videocard and the mobo.
 
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
So this sucks completely. I try to install the game on my computer and everything is running fine until I choose to start a new game. As soon as I do that then the load screen comes up, loads for a split second, screen goes black and the game exits. Then I get an error message saying there was a problem with the vampire.exe. I know for a fact that the patch does not help this situation because I've played the game before without the patch and it was fine. I also installed the patch to see if it fixed it and it did not. Anyone know why this is happening?

My computer specs are:
Amd 64 bit 3200+
Asus a8r32 MVP Dexule CrossFire Mobo
(2x512mb) 1gb corsair
Radeon x1900xtx 512mb video card


I've used the CPU and the RAM on this game before. The only thing thats new is the videocard and the mobo.
It sounds to me as if it were an issue with ATI's drivers, they have gotten various bugs in certain games that cause said games from the info they have gathered by ethier themselves or user feedback. They release drivers monthly so this could be fixed in a later driver release.

Wasn't this the game that was based off the source engine (as far as my memory goes?).
 
The Viking
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Linked
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
So this sucks completely. I try to install the game on my computer and everything is running fine until I choose to start a new game. As soon as I do that then the load screen comes up, loads for a split second, screen goes black and the game exits. Then I get an error message saying there was a problem with the vampire.exe. I know for a fact that the patch does not help this situation because I've played the game before without the patch and it was fine. I also installed the patch to see if it fixed it and it did not. Anyone know why this is happening?

My computer specs are:
Amd 64 bit 3200+
Asus a8r32 MVP Dexule CrossFire Mobo
(2x512mb) 1gb corsair
Radeon x1900xtx 512mb video card


I've used the CPU and the RAM on this game before. The only thing thats new is the videocard and the mobo.

If you "own" the game, you could try a no cd fix. Most of the time that replaces your old/current .exe file with a new one, which might fix it.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
I own the game and have images and they both give me the same problem.

On the ati matter. My old card was an x850 pro so i don't see how a x1900xtx would give me problems.
 
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
I own the game and have images and they both give me the same problem.

On the ati matter. My old card was an x850 pro so i don't see how a x1900xtx would give me problems.
I was pointing out a possibility, from what I remember reading with other games and issues with ati hardware. This can happen on different cards and users have reported different results with different hardware models. The possibility of these being a driver issue to me is uncertain, but I took a rough guess. If you read the release notes for ati drivers it should list what it fixes and what bugs/issues are known with what hardware. Sometimes It could be an issue across all ati cards and other times only on certain ati cards.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
So basically I can never play the game again. Wow, this sucks for me. Why would you ever make a card that couldn't play a specific game?
 
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
So basically I can never play the game again. Wow, this sucks for me. Why would you ever make a card that couldn't play a specific game?
It's not like that, it's just issues that some cards have. also remeber that newer cards have to be optimized a bit with the drivers, and that's what ATI have been doing with there latest drivers, optimizing it for the newer products, however bugs & issues will pop in and out in different places. It doesn't mean you coan't ever play the game again, I'm jsut pointing out one such possiblity as from what I remeber reading release notes & how ati addressed issues with games. For all I know this may not be related to a issue with ati's driverss at all, though it was a guess as I mentioned before.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Gah, why must computers be so difficult....
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top