USB Device Problems

Best answers
I recently bought this new device for my computer.

http://www.acevio.com/webstore/nfos...id=36&osCsid=16cdcf57e8e0f9bf14bfee14cfe73186

The thing is, i already was pretty sure i had USB 2.0 ports on my computer but it turns out i dont have it at all. And whenever i connect this device i get choppy picture with terrible color and it just dosent play well at all. But i notice a warning sign kept poping up saying your running a High Speed USB cable on a low speed port. And then i figured out that i just probally needed to buy some usb ports but i dont know much about them so i found this.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=26-137#

Could anyone tell me if this is the right product for my problem i just described, or does USB 2.0 ports have to be installed in your computer or what?

Best answers
Im not sure but i thinking first you have to check that your motherboard can support USB v2.0. If it can only support the USB v1.1 theres no point getting a USB v2.0 expantion hub because all that does is give you more USB v2.0 ports when your motherboard cant support it. If im right you will have to get USB v2.0 adapter such as This.

You'll have to wait till someone else posts to check if what i said was right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't get that hub. You have to plug it into a USB port to connect it to the PC, and if you plug it into one of your USB 1.1 ports, it'll either run at a heavily reduced 1.1 speed (thus giving you the same choppy picture problems) or just not work. Your best bet is to get a USB 2.0 PCI card for your PC, and plug the hub (if you still need it) or TV tuner into that.

Best answers
Im not too smart when it comes to messing around with things that have to be installed inside the computer? Are the cards hard to install? and how do i check my motherboard exactly too make sure its even compataible?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would suggest to you to by an pci expansion usb2 Card , and plus running stuff off a usbdevice like a usb key and u play direct media off it can be sluggish & or alrite , sometimes depending on the quality of the manafacturer , in this case thou , i would say it would be a hard ware conflict/incorrect installation/A faulty Device & or your computer resources (memory , free hdd space , hdd speed)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cards are quite easy to install, though you will have to open up your case, you won't have to screw around with screws or wires, you just plug it into a fitting slot.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you can't do it urself , get a skilled member of the family to do it (it's what happens in most families these days "Honey , how do i use the internet" The House Wife : "Oh great , Dad can't use the internet , i'm gonna be sitting down here for the next 5hrs")

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, PCI cards are relatively easy to install. If you don't know how, but feel you could handle it (and have any permission you might need!), you can read how to install a PCI device here. It's basically a "open the case, pop the card in, and go" deal, not much involved. However, if you feel you wouldn't be comfortable opening your case, I'd recommend you have someone else do it for you.

I looked on TigerDirect, and I see they have quite a selection of USB 2.0 PCI cards. Here's what came up from my search query. As you can see, you can find some very inexpensive ones, but whichever you choose is up to you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what specs is ur pc exactly , and ur windows setup sounds like it's in need of more free space/defragging

Best answers
Well i bought the card today and installed it, you guys were right it was pretty easy but now i have another problem. The quality of the video has improved alot and the picture is really clear, but the motion of the video i capture is still slightly choppy, but i notice when the picture is smaller you cant hardly notice it at all.

But the thing is, after i capture the footage i want, it seems to automatically comes in a big display, i tried changing it with windows movie maker but even when it was smaller the quality was still sorta bad. Do any of you know a way i could make my videos smaller without actually losing quality or something? or is it no way to change it whatsoever or what?

I dont even know how to check my specs sorry overload im kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By making a video smaller it loses quality....

Just don't reduce or make the video smaller than it needs to so it stays with good quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom