Update on the Leak **READ**

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just found the certificate for the katana I have; it was made by Yamamura Tsunahiro, who lives in Kamakura, Japan. It set me back over 2 grand.. but it's a VERY nice blade. I'm not 100% on the quality of steel, but I am positive it is quite good. QUITE good indeed ^,,^

Now lets get back on the topic at hand.. With those skills(and I'm sure Raven was showing off to the world), I'm pretty confident I could challenge raven for his spot on the team... And win!

View attachment 2017
Acting was acting. Raven is probably the best player on the dev team. I can probably hold my ground against him in 1.2, but he totally whoops my ass in the inteam.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make me a dev and give me 2 weeks, and I'll be the new best player on the team.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning issued to Karrde for spam.
I AM THE LAW!

Also Raven kicks my ass in the inteam so badly I don't even see him.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Someone go wake up Boyster or grOOvy and give them inteam access so like Zeo they can whip all your asses after 2-3 weeks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I just found the certificate for the katana I have; it was made by Yamamura Tsunahiro, who lives in Kamakura, Japan. It set me back over 2 grand.. but it's a VERY nice blade. I'm not 100% on the quality of steel, but I am positive it is quite good. QUITE good indeed ^,,^
2 grand holy shit dude...he must be laughing all the way to the bank. It probably cost a fraction of that to make it. Jesus I'm in the wrong line of work. I need to start making swords and overcharge the hell outta some schmucks.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Acting was acting. Raven is probably the best player on the dev team. I can probably hold my ground against him in 1.2, but he totally whoops my ass in the inteam.
Duuuuh he's the programmer, he probably already made hax for 1.3:devgrin:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
New members for the team don't show up out of nowhere en-masse and stay forever like you seem to believe.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all the April fools joke didn't work too well as half the people don't check this everyday because their tired of waiting for this game (mod.) Your community is slowly turning against you and all you guys do is these stupid pranks.
Just to correct some statements there. The entire joke was the idea of the force pit members. We just lent a hand with pictures and the video, along with moderators for the banning of said "hacker" accounts.

I guarantee everyone would have downloaded this in a heart beat
That was kind of the point of the joke. To get as many people to respond to it. Heck the hacker account that posted the pictures literally got a PM not 5 minutes after the pics were posted XD
You know the idea of April Fools is to trick someone else in to thinking something thats not true. And i think we kinda managed that. In a project where the community (or rather part of it) and devteam worked together no less (and the fact that i actually reply to 90% of the comments i come across that are aimed at the dev team), which does seem to hint at the idea that the community is not really blown off as you suggest, and that the community here stretches beyond the game itself. Yes the newyears teaser was a flop due to some hardware issues, but that just further proves the point of not saying anything related to mod completion or release chances, wouldnt you agree?

Also back to the question i always ask. Where do you people get the number 10 when talking about ESF:Final? The last release (even though it was a bug test open beta release) was in 2008, with 1.2.3 being early 2005 and 1.2 being mid 2004. And also if the development is taking to long for you, you are always welcome to apply for a position on the dev team and help speed things up.

But you want numbers i guess, so ill deliver.
In 2008 we started using SVN as our internal file destribution/updating system, and have been using it ever since.

The first ever use of SVN so revision 1 was on the 22nd of January 2008
The last update of the inteam files was revision 8952 on the 7th of April 2013

So lets say that we have been using SVN approximately 2000 days now with exactly 8952 revisions on it. Which makes on average an update rate for the inteam files 4 updates per day. These updates can be anything, from code upgrades, texture updates, effect settings or anything small like that, so writing news on them is kind of pointless. But on average we have 4 updates each day.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think that people overestimate the game's completion because they have never seen the incomplete things which the devs hide from the community (they like consistency and completion before they show it off). If people didn't notice, those supposed "crashes" in the video were actually edited in as they showed things that were so incomplete that they couldn't show it. The game mechanics are in, but it's not fun to play when all of art aspects are not in the game. How would you like to play with a toon missing many animations? Not fun...

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are talking about the april fools video, then the one playing the game is our head coder Raven ^^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
oh lawd boy you givin me the vapahs with that ASCII finger boy you gon' make me feel

Best answers
I'm guessing you might have never had a job before so I'll explain the process, the esf team put up a notice on the website asking people "We the esf team are in need of more team members, if interested leave your computer specs, your email and a little information about what you can offer the esf team and then we can get back to you" just something really basic like that, then what people do is they leave the team their details, the Esf team looks at some of those details and get a whole new group of people working to help release the mod. So no I don't "believe they show up out of nowhere" like you seem to think but thanks for putting your big boy pants on and having a crack at my post :)
There has been a job advertisement on the homepage for more than a year now. I still don't see a "whole new group of people working to help release the mod".

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Several people have applied and none of them have gone past the show off your work stage because they just disappear

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There are all too many people who are not experienced, and when it comes to showing their work, they have nothing to show. Guys, if you apply, at least have something to hand that you can show!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We usually give applicants a trial task. Then we observe their progress. We never turn away anyone who is willing to learn, even if he doesnt have all the skills yet. We do however leave hem to their own accords a bit in order to see if they actually have the willpower to continue, or if they will just disappear after we spend extra time teaching them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom