Upcoming RPGs

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if any of you followed the semi-popular SNES/Playstation series, "StarOcean," but after many delays, StarOcean3: Til the End of Time, is coming out on Wednesday(Sept. 1st) for PS2. It's been out so long in Japan that what we're getting in the US is actually the "Director's Cut" of the one released in Japan.

Also, on September 15th, the x-box RPG "Fable" is coming out, at long last.
Jo Chen, the director of Art for Fable, was at my local ebgames when I went to pre-order it, and I got an autographed copy of the pre-order bonus dvd/case, which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyone planning on buying either/both of these games?

Retired
Best answers
well Fable i'm gonna get, since I only have Xbox. I wouldnt get getting StarOcean 3.

Fable is gonna rawk I think. however that's what I thought about Black and White, so i'm not getting my hopes up for anything these days, since 99% it will be a dissappointment, for me anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fable. :cool:

I got my hands on Sudeki too yesterday, pretty cool but Fable will probably top that.

Best answers
Fable looks frickin awesome. But so did Morrowind, that touted the same kind of attitude of 'do whatever'. It does look great, but I'd have a hard time playing a game without a little storyline, especially when it feels like an RPG. I'm sure there is a story, but hopefully it's not as hard to find as it was in Morrowind.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fable r teh pwn i h4xed teh fable makers and stole t3h g4m3 and r playing now i r leet hhahahahahahahahah roflcopterbbqlololo

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me stabs GFK with a knife made of pure spam.

Lay off the drugs when posting please, that kind of behavior normally earns warnings.

/offtopic

I might actually get an X Box just for Fable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's so great about Fable? I haven't heard anything about it personally.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
save you cash for stalker, more fun, think of morrowind in this timeline, but its the end of the world, monsters killing, and guns and a storyline to follow \o/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll give you one guess as to which is going to sell more copies--Fable, or Stalker.

Stalker was nvidia's runner up choice to Half-Life 2.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm picking Star Ocean up tomorrow for a nice low price of $40 always good to know people who work at EB games :)

Also Shaman King for the ps2 is coming out mid sept which is going to be sweet and finally X-Men legends.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-Men legends...I've been waiting for that.

Could someone tell me what Fable and Star Ocean are like?

Best answers
Looking at a Star Ocean III fan site, it seems as if it plays out similar to Parasite Eve, where you move around and stuff, but it's still turn-based at it's core.

As for Fable, all I know is what some people were raving about, which is that trees you cut down stay cut, and your character gets battle scars.

Yeah, well, in Animal Crossing, when you get stung by a bee, you STAY stung. For like, a few hours or so. And when you cut down a tree, it DOESN'T GROW BACK. ;P

If I decided to buy either, I'd probably go with Star Ocean III, just because I have no hope left for American RPGs.

*shudders as I view Morrowind disc*

But if I had the money, I more than likely would spend some of it on the Planetside promotion that gives you 1 month for $10.

Best answers
Im actually not very impressed with Star Ocean 3, but I will buy fable; I enjoyed morrowind cause you could kill entire villages no . . . wait the whole world; which gives it a note in my book

However I am more interested in the Altus game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne; which is due out also in September; always been a fan of this game since the NES, and this time there’s an added bonus with Dante from DMC!

And yea stalker and vampire masquerade are higher on my want list then the others, but are coming later as in october for vampires, and feburary for stalker

1: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
2: vampire masquerade
3: stalker
4: Fable
5: star ocean 3

Best answers
star ocean 3 looks like the best rpg coming out right now (to me) and fable i havent heard to much about xmen legends can someone tell me about it?

Best answers
I'll be picking Fable up the day it's released. It looks, quite simply awesome. Sadly I've got to wait until October for the damn thing :(

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono5788 said:
Looking at a Star Ocean III fan site, it seems as if it plays out similar to Parasite Eve, where you move around and stuff, but it's still turn-based at it's core.

As for Fable, all I know is what some people were raving about, which is that trees you cut down stay cut, and your character gets battle scars.

Yeah, well, in Animal Crossing, when you get stung by a bee, you STAY stung. For like, a few hours or so. And when you cut down a tree, it DOESN'T GROW BACK. ;P

If I decided to buy either, I'd probably go with Star Ocean III, just because I have no hope left for American RPGs.

*shudders as I view Morrowind disc*

But if I had the money, I more than likely would spend some of it on the Planetside promotion that gives you 1 month for $10.
If you played SO2, or watched the previews for SO3, you'd know that it's not turn based at all. If you're good enough, you can move in, strike, completely evade your enemy's attacks, or use your allies to completely surround an enemy and hack'n'slash them into oblivion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will definitely be buying Fable. I've actually never heard of the other one.

I just started playing City of Heroes about a week ago. I never expected it to be such a great game. So I'll most likely be purchasing its expansion.

... others...

Oh, console games! D'oh.

PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak file 2
PS2 - The Punisher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom