✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demo showcase:
[video=youtube_share;OZmRt8gCsC0]http://youtu.be/OZmRt8gCsC0[/video]

Developer walkthrough:
[video=youtube_share;MOvfn1p92_8]http://youtu.be/MOvfn1p92_8[/video]

This demo, unlike Samaritan, is actually playable.
And Epic Games seem to be ridding of UnrealScript, which is a great thing!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find I should care more, considering I buy powerful PC parts to play such games with their graphics.

But I have a hard time caring about what I see here. It looks good; of that there is no doubt.

But it's still not the jump that the Source Engine brought on in 2004. It's not "HOLY CRAP, A REVOLUTION IN GRAPHICS!"

Plus, EPIC said they plan to focus on consoles, so..yeah.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This looks good enough.

@Mkilbride
Why isn't this a revolution? It's pretty unique.
I haven't seen this kind of detail and special effects in a game yet.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
That was very Blizzard meets Epic :) But no doubt that it looks good. I liked those elementals and particles. The terrain reminded me of the Frostbyte 2 engine, so that's good.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
watched only the first one and while it does look good, like mkilbride said, not a revolution. until games start to look good enough to make it hard to depict them from real life i dont think anything can really be stunning. let the GPU producers advance in technology to the next big plateau and until then, the game makers should focus more on the content and making all of that epic as possible. There are no games that really excite me and make me feel the way Zelda: Ocarina of Time did. a lot of the stuff that comes out now just makes me feel like my brain is turned to mush and the only thing that keeps me playing any of the recent released games are the good gameplay mechanics like ESF. I'm not saying they're bad but its like nothing has been so epic of a game that I just cant stop playing it. Also give me a racing game for PC that rivals the Forza Motorsport series. =P

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why have volumetric smoke when everything else in the scenario looks like cardboard cut outs. I've had enough of new age games, you cant even jump on top of a pile of rubble no more.
Linear 1 dimensional thought is not what i'm looking for sorry. Next.

Last edited:
Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why have volumetric smoke when everything else in the scenario looks like cardboard cut outs. I've had enough of new age games, you cant even jump on top of a pile of rubble no more.
Linear 1 dimensional thought is not what i'm looking for sorry. Next.
If you turn up the quality settings you can see it's not cardboard. I'm a bit confused on why you're so unimpressed by this.
To me this looks like fast game development with very good graphics and physics. Those rocks falling from the ceilling aren't pre-sliced into piece.
Most of it is dynamic (expect the map itself ofc).
There isn't a game doing this right now that is dynamic like this (a lot of moving/intractable/changing objects).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you turn up the quality settings you can see it's not cardboard. I'm a bit confused on why you're so unimpressed by this.
To me this looks like fast game development with very good graphics and physics. Those rocks falling from the ceilling aren't pre-sliced into piece.
Most of it is dynamic (expect the map itself ofc).
There isn't a game doing this right now that is dynamic like this (a lot of moving/intractable/changing objects).
Lol mate great answer, as for why i criticize, one would have to look deep at my psychology of this new age kid who was has been brought up in the most unnatural way possible. I think if your a biologist you might be seeing the next step in the evolutionary chain.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Epic's first game running on its next-gen Unreal Engine 4 will ship in 2013.

That's according to Epic boss man Mark Rein, speaking during a video interview with Joystiq.

When asked when the first UE4 game will ship, Rein responded, "I don't know. For sure something next year, I just don't know exactly when."

He went on, "Until we're really clear on when the game is going to be finished, when the partner wants to put in the sand and market it, we don't really have those kind of dates."

Later in the interview, Rein said, "It's certainly important for us to have our flagship game. That's the game for which we develop the engine. Gears of War was the game for which Unreal Engine 3 was developed, and so shipping that has a huge significance for licensees and for us. I think, for Unreal Engine 4, there'll certainly be a couple of games."
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353243/first-unreal-engine-4-game-will-ship-next-year/

Unreal Tournament 4. Yes please.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;kVrJYHzhQWk]http://youtu.be/kVrJYHzhQWk[/video]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I was bugged with this demo on the PS4, doesn't it look a tad worse than the one already shown? I specifically cringe a bit when I see the environment getting destroyed for some reason.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was bugged with this demo on the PS4, doesn't it look a tad worse than the one already shown? I specifically cringe a bit when I see the environment getting destroyed for some reason.
I feel the same way. It looks fake and plastic

The original demo was alot better

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Someone in the comments of Hlev's link posted this one:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7026/comparisonpcps4001720p.gif

I feel it gives a good look into the difference of them both. More particles, better lighting and shadows on the PC version. Just looks more "real" to the untrained eye (me).

EDIT: However, they added a falling fireball to the PS4 demo so it acts as a light source on this pic.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;dO2rM-l-vdQ]http://youtu.be/dO2rM-l-vdQ[/video]

Real-time, ran on single GTX 680.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Deffinantly more impressive on the pc. Though I'm certain they are both real time. As with any console you cant expect a graphics demonstration before it's release(or nearly after for that matter) to represent what it is fully capable of. I mean, when the PS3, Xbox 360 both came out, them games looked allot like dreamcast or OG xbox, just with a noticeably better polygon count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom