Unable to defragment 4 BIG files! Help!

Best answers
Kurt said:
If one of those third-party defragmentation programs refuses to move them as well, we can assume he misread the summary on the Windows Defragmenter. :p
I did read the whole summary on Windows Defragmenter. But it was still a no go. Until I tried the demo, perfeckdisk 7.0. Now, I am really confused with all this defragmentation issue. O_O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So, was the 3rd party app able to move them? Can your posts have any less information in them? lol

Best answers
I ain't sure about that, but the third party defragmenter was able to sucessfully defragment until it reaches 100% and complete as the windows defragmenter only reaches 30% before it said, completed and added in " some files were not able to be defragmented". And that was the 4 files shown on the screenshot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried the PerfectDisk demo, and it just finished defragmenting. It took an hour or two (maybe a little more) for my 37,9 gb hard drive. I had to run an errand anyway so that wasn't much of a problem. :p I think it has in fact sped up things, but I'll go and try some more of my apps to see if it in fact has.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I tried the PerfectDisk demo, and it just finished defragmenting. It took an hour or two (maybe a little more) for my 37,9 gb hard drive. I had to run an errand anyway so that wasn't much of a problem. :p I think it has in fact sped up things, but I'll go and try some more of my apps to see if it in fact has.
WHAT?! An hour or two? It took me 7hours! What is going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom