Uhh...

Best answers
Uh is this game free? (lol I know this is my first time here) Oh and does anyone have the msn messanger here...?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Do not dubble post.
2) Yes esf is free but it is a mod for half life.
3) You will need to BUY half life in a store in-order to play esf online.
4) You will also need to get the half life 1.1.1.0 update off the internet.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol...
you are new here, so I will be nice
instead of making a reply, click the edit button on your old post.

and for halflife, the original version works, make sure you BUY it and NOT download it is illegal and impossible to play online.

its for around 15-20 dollars at your nearest software store(or walmart, the walmat here has it) or if you can order stuff online, amazon.com has it http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...129579-7909537?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846
<hr>
If you are confused, here is how it works, you buy half-life and install it. you install the latest patch for half-life 1.1.1.0. download the ESF file from the files section on the main page and install that. then make a new shortcut on your desktop(or wherever you keep shortcuts that has the target of C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game esf -console
it takes a while to get used to this whole half-life modifcation thing, but its really fun and for a small price you can pretty much have most of the best games in the world.

Best answers
Thanks for all your help but uh 2 quick questions
1.Where do i get the 1.1.1.0. patch
2.And do you have to pay to play half life online?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/57317.shtml

2. half-life is single player so you do not half to play it on the internet. ESF, however, is a modification that is multiplayer. there are bots to download and play with off the internet, but the fun stuff happens online when playing with other people

Best answers
Counter strike huh, is it beeter then half life? And do you guys think that we'll have to pay to play the Alpha version of Esf? Oh and btw I just d-loaded that phatch was it supposed to d-load so fast?

Best answers
The Half-Life update is about 80mb.

When you have brought Half-Life you do not have to pay for esf alpha or beta 1, all you do is download it.

Best answers
80mb? That uhhh ...alot of mb's lol. How many mb's to install half life on your comp. (I mean half life itself.)

Best answers
About 500mb I think to install just Half-Life. Mines nearly 3gb now with all the mods I have installed.

Best answers
Whoaw thats alot of mb's but judging from the graphics it has to be worth it lol. Btw does anyone have a phatch link that acctualy works?

Best answers
Edit: This is really important, does half life work for xp? On the Ebgames.com site it said "System Requirements:
Windows 95/98 or NT: Pentium 166+, 32MB RAM, 3D Accelerator card (Open GL or Direct 3D), 2x CD-ROM, Mouse and Keyboard, 640x480 SVGA high color display, WIndows compatible sound device." It dosent say Xp in there...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Charchu
Edit: This is really important, does half life work for xp? On the Ebgames.com site it said "System Requirements:
Windows 95/98 or NT: Pentium 166+, 32MB RAM, 3D Accelerator card (Open GL or Direct 3D), 2x CD-ROM, Mouse and Keyboard, 640x480 SVGA high color display, WIndows compatible sound device." It dosent say Xp in there...
perhaps they just forget to update the info because hl is older than xp
until now i haven´t had a single game that refused to work with xp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom