Uh, is this a bug or no?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah uh take a look:

Sorry for the size =/

ok you see the ones circled... (the ones with out arrows) thats the bug part. the ones that are circled with arrows pointed to them those are also all blurred out with brushes as well. if only i saved that pic... but i couldnt read what people were saying. or who i killed. or use my radar.. i was lucky this time.

so is this a bug? my guess is yes.

Best answers
id say maybe not a definite yes but it would help the team if you posted more info like when it happened, was it on one server? do u have any other problems with esf etc...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a Steam bug because it happenend to a friend of mine in another mod. What were you doing when it happened?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm i was fighting some guy.... and i killed him.. then either my AIM or MSN did one of their pop up notifications or whatever you wanna call it to say someone signed on or off etc. and then this happened. this was on the RF^ server. It's happened 2 times to me. This server and a while back. Uh, the only other problem i have playing esf is that i TIme out very often for some odd reason. never happened before.

any more info you need?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time out bug is already known.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks to me like it's either some sprite corruption, or a video card that needs updated drivers.
Reinstall ESF, and install the latest drivers for your video card, if you don't currently have them. See if that helps.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, yeah the computer is brand spankin' new. Beleive me its updated. there IS a driver i could up date it to but im not going to because when it tried to install it said "this driver has not been tested with windows xp, installing this driver could blah blah do bad things to your computer now or in the future" or something like that. this has nothing to do with my video card or my computer because it never happened before. its happened uh... id have to say twice in the past... 2 weeks? 2 or 3... i say 2.

@ optional: yeah i know the time out bug is known. i was just stating the only other problem im having with esf.. thats all.

Best answers
When you alt tab out of any steam game, sometimes it tends to screw with the pixels. SO, just exit game start it back up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh, when did i say i alt tab out of anything? i never exited my game. This randomly did it on its own. i was playing the game when this happened. And if you look at the pictures. I had finally reached transformation (darn pl_catchup) so i didnt want to exit.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
umm i was fighting some guy.... and i killed him.. then either my AIM or MSN did one of their pop up notifications or whatever you wanna call it to say someone signed on or off etc. and then this happened. this was on the RF^ server. It's happened 2 times to me. This server and a while back. Uh, the only other problem i have playing esf is that i TIme out very often for some odd reason. never happened before.

any more info you need?
I bolded the two programs in your quote that I think caused the problem. I don't think it had anything to do with ESF at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom