Uh... A new song I did.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, but were you chewing a gum or what?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, your face looks like Keanu Reeves while playing metal music. Making music is one thing, presentation is also a factor you need to keep in mind. Don't fall in the long line of people looking incredibly bored on Youtube while playing music.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
My god, your face looks like Keanu Reeves while playing metal music. Making music is one thing, presentation is also a factor you need to keep in mind. Don't fall in the long line of people looking incredibly bored on Youtube while playing music.
Was going to say something along these lines. Feel the song, show a little emotion. It's your song, it's your show, just get comfortable and do your thing, the internet is going to make fun of you no matter what you do and people just look soooooo much more awkward when they are all stiff and bored looking.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno... i get what you're trying to do, mixing different phrases. but you're lacking something. partly i think your theoretical knowledge could do with some help (ie: which modes to use), but other than that it's just a practice thing.
really it's a good effort, but your phrases don't gel together very well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Lee, this is just a ton of riffs added together after one another with no real flow. You might want to pay attention to your transitions more as well. And if I'm not mistaken, you made a few strange mistakes (moving outside the modes you were supposed to be playing in, resulting in dissonance). You messed up on the timing in the solo a bit as well, so you should practice that as well. Timing is basically everything in music.

Oh, and you look bored as hell, and as others have commented, that's silly. You're playing music you made yourself - shouldn't you be pumped for this?

Edit:

Note that you didn't play poorly, and it's expected to mess up when you record stuff, so don't think you suck. You play pretty well, especially considering how long you've played for (and odds are you were really lazy in recording that video if I know you right)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, i've gotten so much more laid back in my playing over the years... i used to be so mechanical and methodical in my playing. but now i'm far more loose, and i feel like a better player for it.

anywho... if you're going for that tight sound, that's cool. work on your transitions, work on building your melodic riffs (for example in the first phrase you have, the third tone shift just sounds "weird"). and you'll get there in no time.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whilst each riff's not too shabby, they're aren't very well connected.

I liked a couple of them but each of them feels like a separate idea by themselves, try using one of them as a main riff and build around it. A song needs a couple of ideas to be interesting but too many make it confusing. A strange sounding section can also throw things off. An example is one of my band's songs, we actually had to remove the section after the solo. Your solo's transition was a little clumsy.

http://www.numu.org.uk/media/audiop...107&blnBetaSite=false&strTrax=35643&intHiFi=1

Dissonance can work, although it is incredibly situational. The first sounds weird after 0:14. There are also a few timing issues, but those will sort themselves out with practice.

Otherwise, your ideas are pretty good. You have potential, keep working on it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey! Thanks guys : ) Didn't really expect to get nice comments on this. Yeah. I know I should show some emotion, but when I record I just get that "Do it right, do it right! I gotta do this like this and this like this blablabla..." So basically I get really concentrated on the song and feel worried I'd fail. So... that's one of my epic mistakes XD. Promise that next one's gonna be with emotions. The visuals aside. Yeah... I definitely failed at some points of the song. The solo... Meh, I'm not really bold of it. I don't really know how I worked out that solo xD It was like "This isn't all that bad let's try it." I changed solo 4 times and finaly got this one it, because I was bored of changing solos.
Avenger, you're really correct about the lazyness XD.

About my skills you said. I might be good for the time I'm playing, but this is nothing... Lately I hardly have time to play, so my speed dropped a lot. And again, thanks for your comments! : )

EDIT: I did chew a gum.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just remember speed isn't everything, and having good technique will lead to better speed anyway.

i mean... players like dimebag, zakk wylde, slash, satriani, vai... they can all shred, they can play lightning fast if they want to. but by far their most memorable tracks are the ones played with style over speed.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
please please please for the love of God use proper recording software. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who think their ****ty microphone and ****ty web cam is 'good enough' to record a song.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please please please for the love of God use proper recording software. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who think their ****ty microphone and ****ty web cam is 'good enough' to record a song.
I don't recall saying it was good enough. This is the best I could have? Also, if I were to use a web cam I'd have plugged in my guitar to the pc and the sound quality would've been epic. Obviously I borrowed the camera from my sister to record with it. I didn't use any mic or ****. Now 'scuse me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, don't be a ****munch. ****ty mics and ****ty webcam is perfectly good enough to record this kind of stuff. if he was trying to record a demo cd or something i'd agree with you. but some dude wanting to pimp his rifts to a bunch of e-buddies, this works just fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should also be noted that it wasn't the software, but the hardware... Whether you use Audacity or something professional like Cubase, it's really the microphone/sound card it comes down to when you don't have twenty tracks to mix.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't recall saying it was good enough. This is the best I could have? Also, if I were to use a web cam I'd have plugged in my guitar to the pc and the sound quality would've been epic. Obviously I borrowed the camera from my sister to record with it. I didn't use any mic or ****. Now 'scuse me.
Well you're apparently different than I am. If I'm going to put something on the internet for possibly the whole world to criticize I'm going to make sure it's the best I can make it. And because you don't already know, I'm not psychic, so obviously I didn't know who you borrowed your webcam from. And your last sentence is confusing, if you were to plug your guitar into your computer and made the sound quality epic, why didn't you? And if you didn't use any sort of mic how did you record the sound in the first place. Because camera's have mic's on them..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you're apparently different than I am. If I'm going to put something on the internet for possibly the whole world to criticize I'm going to make sure it's the best I can make it. And because you don't already know, I'm not psychic, so obviously I didn't know who you borrowed your webcam from. And your last sentence is confusing, if you were to plug your guitar into your computer and made the sound quality epic, why didn't you? And if you didn't use any sort of mic how did you record the sound in the first place. Because camera's have mic's on them..
dude, take a ******* pill or something, at the very least pull your head out your ass.

at the end of the day, he just recorded something and threw it online, nothing more. if he'd presented it as "hey i spent 3 days in a studio laying down tracks, and i'm gonna send this to a record label", well sure i'd agree that it's a ****ty job. but he didn't, he's just a guy expressing his hobby.

take it for what it is, not what you want it to be. ******* jerk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, take a ******* pill or something, at the very least pull your head out your ass.

at the end of the day, he just recorded something and threw it online, nothing more. if he'd presented it as "hey i spent 3 days in a studio laying down tracks, and i'm gonna send this to a record label", well sure i'd agree that it's a ****ty job. but he didn't, he's just a guy expressing his hobby.

take it for what it is, not what you want it to be. ******* jerk.
Thanks a lot for understanding : ) You shouldn't really swear, though D:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
HAY GO SPEND SUM MONEY CUZ I DONT LIKE UR MIC AND KAMRUH

I MEAN GOD IT MAKES ME SO MAAAAAD CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOUR CAMERA IS DOING TO ME ;(

THIS IS INSANE

******* spaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom