UFO

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I just found this video. Doesn't look fake to me. I one rely hope something like this will happen to me one day.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rQHJ7d_qE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rQHJ7d_qE[/ame]

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool, whoever made it sure was inspired, it looks authentic :) But if it was true the camera-man would be pissing his pants at that moment

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
It looks quite real, at some points though. Some other things indicate that the video might of been directed and edited; the slight blur from 0:31 - 0:32 and 0:49 - 0:52 - it looks rather artistly designed, perhaps not on purpose, rather intended for a "distort" kind of look, which would prove the video to be real or more realistic; the sunshine from 0:35 to 0:38 - to me, it looks rather bright and bloomed, quite saturated, which might indicate that the footage was edited; from 0:55 till 1:02 it looks as if the lens flare was faked, since it looks very nicely shaped, has saturated, toned colours and is "animated" without any flinching; again, at 1:03 (between 1:02 and 1:03 to be more specific) and until the video temporarely blacks out, it seems like another approach and trying to distort the video so it would be more realistic, or real.

What makes it real or makes it look real, though, are the following things: the matching of the colours between the ship and the enviourment, though since it's quite dark that could be covered easily; the voices around the area seem to be real aswell and other than that the camera man was quite quiet; the obvious, the ship looks very real - detailed and goes with the movements of the camera.

All in all, it looks real to me most of the time (don't be confused by the quantaty of the content on the "un-realistic part"; those were minior things, which lastes seconds, if not less. The video as whole looks real), yet I cannot help myself but doubt it because of the things I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Although, those 'incosistencies', might of have been the work of the camera itself, but I'm not sure since my knowledge of cameras is, well, ultimately low or pretty much non-existent.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looked pretty but isn't everyone a little too calm?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A big fat blob is flying trough the air and there are no air currents to move the trees.
Sure...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It's CGI. The sonic boom mentioned in the vid is about as realistic as Guile's.

Best answers
If there was a sonic boom.. the pressure waves from the acceleration through Mach 1 would be evident. Especially with something that large.. as evident in this video below:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0_SI0cDwkM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0_SI0cDwkM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Might wanna turn your speakers down

.... or up ;]

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think people should be scared if they would see a thing like that in the sky. It's not a thing you should be afraid of. I mean, aliens wanting to take over the world and destroying the white house are just in movies. This is probably some other intelligent life form wanting to investigate this world. Even if it is fake it was made pretty good.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Whoever did the text at the beginning of the video obviously didn't think too much, "The loud "bangs" you hear are probably the sonic booms.", ignoring for a moment the good reasons already given for them not being sonic booms, in the first clip there is the same "DOOMdoom" noise made just before the ship stops (quieter but the exact same noise). Yes, truley that ship is capable of breaking the sound barrier.......by stopping. Would've made more sense to just claim it was the engine......or the gear box.......or an alien fart.

@boogyman: People are scared of the unknown. Also, people are stupid. Especially in crowds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom