Trying to run games under XP

Best answers
I've got some problems trying to run old games under Windows XP; when i try, i get the error window where you can send a report to microsoft. Further inspection indicates that the kernel32.dll is responsible for the error... anyone know how to fix this? The problem occurs with GTA2 and Soul Reaver 1. Please help!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres a special fix for GTA3. But I forget where to get it.

You'll have to search google for Block letters patch.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, Snake.. Don't be rude to people when they're trying to help you. I was going to tell you about the special feature of XP that allows you to play previous games, but since you want to be rude to those who try to help you.. Piss off.

Best answers
if you mean the compatibiliy tab on the link properties, i already know

if not, PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME!!! (gets down on his knees and bows)

Best answers
Use compatibility mode:
Create an shortcut to GTA2,right click,properties,compatibility,run this program in compatibility mode,win 95.Solved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that compatability thing only works rarely on games. simply put with some games/ programs u just cant run them under xp

Best answers
Snake101 said:
I've got some problems trying to run old games under Windows XP; when i try, i get the error window where you can send a report to microsoft. Further inspection indicates that the kernel32.dll is responsible for the error... anyone know how to fix this? The problem occurs with GTA2 and Soul Reaver 1. Please help!
I've played GTA2 on XP before... I believe I replaced the .exe file to fix it. But that was a year or so ago, I dont really remember where or how I got it. Try looking up on Google for something like 'GTA2 XP Patch' or something simlilar. Good luck.

Best answers
YES!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! YEEEEES!!!!! Thanks to a few patches, GTA2 is back in action!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to help me! You've made me the happiest guy in Holland! :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom