Transkilling

Best answers
What's the big damn deal?

Why do people find this so horrible?

It's really not hard to transform without being seen. I don't see why people transform up in the air, in the middle of the map, and then wonder why they're such a juicy target.

When I transform, I do it on the ground in a relatively secluded area.

THEN you have to consider the balance parts of the game. I notice the evil side's Perfect Transformations are very close to their first transformations...whereas the good ones are very far apart. From what I noticed.

Also note that Good tends to get a 2X PL bonus from transing, and evil gets a 1.5X bonus.

The fact that you're vulnerable when transing, in my opinion at least, is what balances that out.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
I notice the evil side's Perfect Transformations are very close to their first transformations...whereas the good ones are very far apart. From what I noticed.

Also note that Good tends to get a 2X PL bonus from transing, and evil gets a 1.5X bonus.

The fact that you're vulnerable when transing, in my opinion at least, is what balances that out.
Well you noticed it totaly wrong. Evil side has 2 people who dont have a perfect transformation (Buu, Cell). 1 person who has it close (frieza). 1 that has a big difrence (Vegeta)

Good team has 3 people with fast perfect trans (Trunks, Gohan, Piccolo). 1 with out a perfect trans (Krillin). 1 with a long perfect trans (Goku)

The multiplyers are like that mostly yea. But its character dependant.

As for the transkilling. Try to hide Gokus lightning. The others are relatively safe. Besides Transkill is only considerd transkill if you just respowned and transformed. If its in teh middle of a fight its considerd translame and you have free hands to transkill that person (he may even get a warning from an administrator if he is caught intentionaly transforming during a fight)

Well tahts how it is on teh server where i play ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try hiding gokus lightning? Wait untill you reach 2 million to transform. The lightning goes away. I generally never transform until I know my PL will dwarf everyone's in the server. That way I'm untouchable.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yea but players are sitting ducks for long, and are very easy to kill with no defense. Players should become invincible after 5-6 seconds into the transformation until it finishes.

-Players cant spam the transformation right before being hit by attacks.
-Players dont have to take easy damage and worry about sitting still for such a long transformation.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's me too. In EVM, I typically kick everyone's @$$ by fighting in normal form till I can reach perfect trans on all forms. I usually end being the best player with the highest PL. ESF I can't hardly touch people. You can't hit with a direct attack and ESF is not a good game for me to sneak around in. I'm not good with "sneak-up" or "side-swipe" tactics where you don't even know where the player went, only to find his foot suddenly in your face. ImKongKong tried to train me, but I still can't do it. Indirect attacks always seem like beating around the bush too much to me. I just like to hit 'em where it hurts, be-damned they can see me or not.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
There is nothing wrong with transkilling unless you constantly seek out a specific individual and kill him repeatedly. Transforming isn't a necessity. If you want to have twice the pl and a boost in speed, be prepared to defend yourself from people who are unwilling to give you an overwhelming advantage. If someone is lobbing ki blasts at you, simply descend and fight or find another place to trans.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not to forget, It's also against the rules in most servers. ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I guess I'm lucky that I play on servers where people are held responsible for their actions in battle. If you do something stupid (like trans in front of everyone), you deserve to die.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
I guess I'm lucky that I play on servers where people are held responsible for their actions in battle. If you do something stupid (like trans in front of everyone), you deserve to die.
Thats an exeption. As i said in my post. The Transkill rule only applys to when the person just respowned. If he attacks anyone he can be freely transkilled. Only if he just respowned than its considerd transkill. Otherwise its totaly legal to kill a guy transforming.

Thats just to keep it fair betwean the people who can descend and those who cant. Since the spownpoints are practicaly known where they are a person using Cell could konstantly transkill a Goku who has to transform after death while Cell dosent.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Even then, if you just respawned and you want to trans, find a corner and do your thing. If you don't feel its necessary to hide, then you run the risk of dying prematurely.

Either way, transforming is an oblation. It isn't something thats owed to you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't something that is owed to you? That's a situational thing, man. It isn't fair at all to say that. What if there's only one other person in the server and he's transformed? Then it's owed to you, I think.

Anyway, I also don't agree with you on transforming not being a necessity. Think of it this way, you get twice the speed, PL and ki so it makes the game twice as fun. You should not have to defend yourself from people who are unwilling to give you an overwhelming advantage. If someone is lobbing ki blasts at you, keep transforming and ignore those meanies!

Don't get me wrong, I respectfully...respect your opinion.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
While I don't agree with you, I can see where you are coming from. I'll try to take your perspective into account when I'm playing esf in order to allow everyone to have a more enjoyable experience.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Transkilling is like abortion on this forum, freedom of choice vs. legality and morality. Keep it civil!

My opinion on the issue is a middleground, as most of my opinions are. I think it's uncalled for if you're attacking somebody who is significantly below you in either power or natural reflexes, but it's legitimate if this player is any kind of real threat to you. It's a personal judgement call really.

nge

Best answers
Personally, I love to trans kill and will never complain about being transkilled. That said, I rarely trans, or at least wait until perfect trans before doing so. It ruins the fun of the game, and I will never understand the mentality of transing as soon as you can. If you're the first to do it, you're basically invincable. That's typically why I won't trans. Yet, even though I'm a piccolo with 2.7 million, some gohan who just reached 1 mil finds it horrible I won't let him double my speed and ki because he worked so hard for that 400k PL.

It really baffles my mind.

I whole-heartedly encourage people to transkill. It's a pretty simple fix, most of the time- hit "x."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Otherwise its totaly legal to kiss a guy transforming.
Weird.

I will kill people that are transing on sight, and actively go after the people that are transed. More PL for me, and why should I let you trans when I am not transed? Basically, I use my preference to fight untransed as a reason to kill you 'z' loving SOB's. If I am transed, I'll only kill the transers who hit me first, then decide they want to be transed. Wrong order, pal.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kill people who trans during battle, and then if it was a n00b that I transkilled it starts whinging at me as to why I didn't let them trans and whine about how I suposedly "transkilled" them, even though they were transing during our fight. If I am lagging, then I will transkill anyone or anything simply so they don't get such an advantage over me since i'm already disadvantaged by my ping (this is usually when I play on dial up sometimes).

All in all, when it comes to transkilling there are a lot of things you should consider (The skill of the other guy, your skill, huge power levels, huge speed incrases, the advanatages they have over you etc).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm personally not a big fan of transkilling. I just hate being vulnerable during transes, and I know I hate getting killed during that period, so I try to avoid doing it to others. However, if they go and trans right in front of me, they're going to get it. I myself always find some quiet place to trans, if I feel that I need to. I usually prefer to use Normal form though.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
NGE, If you'd do that in s2k / esf-w or my server HL2Files, then you're not really welcome there :p. Besides the point, i dislike transformation killing myself as well, nor i would do it to others. But i will trans kill of course if people will transform and descend all the time. I've seen a lot of users still trans attacking / killing which is in my opinion just lame.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I rarely attack someone when they are transforming, even if they transform as a means of trying to thwart my melee attacks.

I usually don't transform unless I feel that I have to, though when I do I usually don't have to worry about being killed while transforming since I try to find a safe place to transform or I'll just wait until I reached the perfect transformation powerlevel.

Best answers
considering most good players do NOT transform anyway because of their adaption to normal dueling matters....i hardly see a problem trans killing.

I'll just make my point again since everytime this comes up i state my opinion:

Transforming is a PRIVALEDGE not a RIGHT. Just because you CAN transform does NOT mean you are allowed to just do it.

This is not DBZ where people just stand around and power up and they watch each other. That is BS. If you want to let them transform go ahead, if not well it sucks to be them. I personally go around the "Non transkilling rule" By using Taiyoken and then attack them right after if they havn't ran away and wasted most of their energy.

On the OTHER side of the spctrum, I also do NOT beleive in trans blocking. Now that may sound hypocritical of me if i am saying that you should be able to kill someone transforming but the difference is due to abuse. That can be an abused move where as transforming does not NEGATE anything.

Everything you do has a cause and effect...a good and a bad. Transforming should be no different. IF transkilling isn't allowed you have

GOOD:
1. Pl Boost
2. Stop in fighting so you can regather your strategy
3. Speed boost
4. More Health
5. Greater Ki management

BAD:
1. If opponent is better than you...they gain pl faster
2. You are immobile for the time being transformed

you have a 5 to 1 ratio...there has to be something to even it out, which is why trans killing will since it will make them immobile and vulnerable. Everything you do in life and a game has their own goods and bads and you HAVE to take the good with the bad because there IS no good without the bad. You just want to make sure the goods are normally better.....life isn't perfect and if you TRULY Have a problem with hitting the X button to move....you shouldn't even be bothering to play this game...american or european alike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom