Training Room?

Best answers
Alright I'm a total n00b and this is my first post on the forum, but ever since the first day I started playing ESF I was confused by the New Game option. I press it, then it gives me the option of going to a Training Room. I think cool, this could be so awesome. So I click on everything, i connect or start...whatever...., i pick my character, then I get an infinitely long Loading Screen that is pretty much impossible to get out of and just freezes my computer. Is this an original option for Half-life that wasn't gotten rid of for the mod? If so, why do you pick a character? I did do a search on training room and looked around on the forums for more people with the same problem, but couldn't find anything. If there is another thread on this topic, please alert me of my ignorance and redirect me kindly. However, if I am the first, i need some Help!

Best answers
There is no training room, if you want to practice on your own download the bot program for ESF. You must be having some sort of glitch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you are definately using Steam. Think of it this way, if you do not have a GameMenu.res file in your resource folder (esf\resouce) then Steam automatically defaults you to have the same menu as Half-Life. The new game would be executing Half-Life and since you have ESF open it doens't work. So do no choose New Game or Load Game because they will not work in ESF (this should and probably is fixed for ESF v1.2b). You can also download the ESF Steam Pack to fix this as well.

By the way welcome to the forums and the closest you are going to get to a training room is the ESF Official Manual. Anyways happy browsing :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom