training mode

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since ESF gains alot of new people everyday why not have a training mode instead of continually saying "read the manual"

Training modes:
basic movement
basic melee
advanced melee
throwing
teleporting
blocking
power/block struggling
beaming/beamjumping

along with various other things

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
training mode exists, it goes like this:
1)get pwned in server
2)get told to read the manual
3)come back, get pwned again
4)make a LAN game and practise with bots
5)go back to server, play a little bit better and change your name from ESFn00b
6)start getting the hange of the game, and stop complaining about "meleespammers"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thik the manual should automatically open up once ESF is downloaded...

Or, the team has a flash baded tutorial for 1.1, perhaps they could get someone to make a flash based tutorial for 1.3 so the new players just don;t have to sit and read.

Come to think of it...I would enjoy making a 1.3 flash tutorial once it's out.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, 1.3 will probably be the last version. I think it would be a nice idea to have a little tutorial ingame. I can't imagine this being hard to implement. All the team would have to do is have a tutorial button on the start menu. Clicking it would start a single player game in a random map. Text would pop up welcoming the person to esf and telling them the controls of the game and the basic funtions (ie: how to melee, walljump, etc). After the person gets through all the text, a bot should be implemented on the easiest difficulty level with a text box saying something like "now lets try what you've just learned". The player fights the bot, if he wins, a menu comes up asking him whether he wants to up the difficultly level of the bot or play the bot again. If he loses, everyones health goes back to full and he tries again.

I think it would be worth it. I'm sick of everyone asking how to play the game, plus the fact that many players quit because the game seems to hard. I know I stopped playing for 3 months after i tried the game because it just seemed impossible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be cool, like the CS training was pretty cool

Best answers
Sub said:
I think it would be worth it. I'm sick of everyone asking how to play the game, plus the fact that many players quit because the game seems to hard. I know I stopped playing for 3 months after i tried the game because it just seemed impossible.
Truest thing I've ever heard for this forum. I went through the same thing in 1.1.

Best answers
I've been playing for a few months. I've sucked and I still suck and I probably will always suck. But I only keep going because I'm one of those "die-hard" fans... somewhat. If it's DBZ but it sucks, it's good to me >_>

But it might have been me reading a manual before I even installed the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom