Training Dummies

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I think it would be cool if the ESF Team added training dummies (mappers could put them in).

Each dummy would look the same (or perhaps the entity could be attached to a solid) either some kinda scarecrow type shape thing or they'd look like various player characters cept with inverted color skins.

The dummies could not be moved (Unlike players who get knocked around from being hit) and would give a fix amount of power each hit (energy attacks not included).

Also, to prevent people from ALWAYS getting PL from the dummies, they could have a null stage. Say a player or a few players have done x amount of damage to the dummy, it could glow red or something and not give any PL until a certain amount of time has passed.

These dummies would be great for practicing melee in v1.2 and would be good for nubs who need help learning melee.

Oh, one more thing, the dummies could be enabled/disabled (server-side control obviously). In a way this would be similar to CTDB mode.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea its a cool idea concerning the want to practice 1.2 melee, but i think it would be easier, and a better form of training if you just create a bot and set ti not to move and to ignore all players.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah....just configure a superbot that he can't be killed and set that bot won't move :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no, bot's still move when you "hit" them and I believe this is something that should be added into the default ESF code.

Best answers
hmmm im not sure to love this idea or hate it...

it sounds good but also stupid... (no offence)

Im gona give it a: :yes: :yes: :yes: (3 out of 5)

but i could change as im unsure as to how this will go

Best answers
Love teh idea, an alternate solution to downloading and configuring bots :D, and we all know how annoying it is to kick a paralyzed bot around.... :D still dummies are much betta :D with infinite life ^_^ (or 10000 dummies spawned into eachother :D), nice way to test pL and attacks :D and comboroonies...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
Love teh idea, an alternate solution to downloading and configuring bots :D, and we all know how annoying it is to kick a paralyzed bot around.... :D still dummies are much betta :D with infinite life ^_^ (or 10000 dummies spawned into eachother :D), nice way to test pL and attacks :D and comboroonies...

Exactly my point.

Best answers
Well I agree on the dummie, seems to be a good idea. But maybe that's just a little addon that's just not really worth to do? ;)

Otherwise :yes:

Best answers
very very odd idea..........sounds kind of cool though

strange.....very very strange, but strange doesnt mean it sux
i think it would be pretty cool

Best answers
Just like CS did, make a map to replace "training". Just have it let you choose a character, and make a small level (ie- gokus spaceship to namek), throw a dummy or two in, and way you go!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mydarbin said:
Just like CS did, make a map to replace "training". Just have it let you choose a character, and make a small level (ie- gokus spaceship to namek), throw a dummy or two in, and way you go!

Yes but perhaps it could be used in current and even custom maps, depending on the game mode or if the server has them enabled, that sorta thing. I'm imagining more of a community type thing not some single-player training area. But, whatever.

Best answers
It sounds like a good idea, to me. When 1.2 comes out, I want to be able to learn how to fight on my own. And I, for one, would like a punch dummy in an arena for the purpose of learning the controls, rather than have to get online, find someone who's been training for 2 weeks straight (they're out there somewhere....) and either, a) is a total ++++ about it and beats me all up and down the map (that is, if I'm totally lagged and forget how to move...) or b) attempts to teach me how to play.... The latter is better than the former, of course, but I'd still rather learn on my own.

Best answers
well if you want to add dummies they also need spawn points
in the default esf maps it could be easyly changed but what bout all the custom maps
they would need to add some spawns, remove the old version and release the newer lol

Best answers
i think it's a great idea. i know it would help me
alot... maybe because i'll get a fast death on the internet....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
joachim g said:
well if you want to add dummies they also need spawn points
in the default esf maps it could be easyly changed but what bout all the custom maps
they would need to add some spawns, remove the old version and release the newer lol
The dragon balls dont spawn in maps with out the db respawn points in them. Just make this the same way.

Best answers
I like this idea. Many a time have I tried to test out things on bots, and even when you tell them not to move, they can and will still teleport from time to time (even if they wont attack, wont move, and ignore you, they still dont ignore damage -_-)

I'd really like to see something like this put in, especially with 1.2 on the way, so people could practice doing melee combos, without the thing dying or running away.
Nice idea Mr. Satan, I think it should be implemented :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad to see so many people support this idea! I got the idea mainly from an MMORPG I play from time to time called Dark Ages which has some spots where you can go and train your skills on scarecrow-like dummies.

I thought this would be good for many reasons mentioned above.

Best answers
could you can make dummies ingame like the technique that piccolo uses to train when he splits in two in saiyan saga? then you could make a the model of the character appear as dummie it would be nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom