Training arena (as opposed to hazard course)

Would you agree this is needed in esf?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• needs variation to your idea......... spesify below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Have an equivelent to the half-life harard course for first time players to teach them the basic skills needed to play the game such as flying, charging ki, turbo, charging attacks, basic melee system ect.

I say this because most people when they download the game dont read the manual and when they join a server they complain non-stop untill you show them everything thats already in the manual. If its actually in the game when they say that you can just refer them there. Also it will give beginners a chance to try out the basic moves without getting slaughtered online by some jerk who's only intrested in kills.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
accualy, thats a nice idea :O
might rais the players lv on the net^^.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually this happens to be one of the better ideas I have seen. It would take extra time to do but it would be nice to have it for anyone that does not know how to play. It could take them through all the basics like how to melee and transforum.

Best answers
Yes! a good idea, it will help the newbs get into the game faster without having them read the manual (which they never do in the first place). And it will reduce the people asking how do they transform, and such. And you wouldn't need to desing a new map since you could just use a motifyed ESF_Cell_Day -- or other maps for a training arena.

Best answers
oh.......i think I know why,it's because of the server we hang out on.Lots of complainin n00bs and showoffs that say don't use melee....

As for the map,maybe we could make one that looks like Capsule Corps........wait,we never got to see whats inside them buildings,so let's make it something like a modified ceel_day or maybe that tournament arena is a good choice....think the ones for fighting over who is best fighter....never got to watch it in english....:(

For the suggestion,yes!But of course we need to modify liblist.gam so it points to which map is for the training course....which is easy :)

EDIT: But who'll do the voices??That's the only problem....I just forgot to add this in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the manual does just that

useless to have the team make a training level for something thats already there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I talked to harsens about this quite a while ago, when I had just joined the team... MAYBE there will be a 'Hazard Course' later on in ESF. If so, it'll be much, much later.

Best answers
Well how about, making it so you can access the manuel in game. So when you press f12 or something. This way, if noobs ask we would just say, press f12 and find out.

Best answers
I GOT AN IDEA!!!!:shocked: make it in the exercise room or something like the time chamber! ain't that cool?;) :laff: I'm so smart:cool:

Best answers
Originally posted by SonGokuSSJ_3
I GOT AN IDEA!!!!:shocked: make it in the exercise room or something like the time chamber! ain't that cool?;) :laff: I'm so smart:cool:
ther is one, esf_rosat, maby someone could put some triggers in the map to do this but i doubt the team will release the .map file so forget it, leave this idea die till beta 2.0 or something

Best answers
Cool idea...

And, yeahh, you'll play the toutorial on the island with the
Kame House and Roshi trains you:laff: :laff: :laff:

But ontopic:
I think this idea is cool:yes:

Best answers
Its a good Idea,but I honestly don't understand why people can't just read the manual.That thing tells everything you could possibly need to play. I do like the idea of being able to practice though.;D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yeah, take one of the official esf maps. add some thing in it and call map tuturial.bsp.. like voice. 1 bot that doesnt do a thing. and that kinda things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom