Torso Attempt..lol

Best answers
Well guys, I've been skinning, doin 2d art, and all that other good stuff for a while now, but I feel like I wanna start modeling. Now I have attempted before, but never got anywhere. But, I've decided to try again, and maybe with some of the community's constructive criticism and advice, I can actually start on the road to becomming a halfway decent modeler. So, heres my attempt at a chest, now remember I've never modeled before, and I didnt look at a tut or anything to do this, I was just messin around in milkshape. Also, I know its pretty ****ty so you don't have to tell me that, just advice on what I need to do to make it better etc. This is pretty much my first time really trying to model, so crit away.

Best answers
Yeah I know lol, thats where I have trouble is getting it to well...be 3d haha. Im working at it and I'll hopefully have an improved product so show you all here soon.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p use the side view in milkshape, put the refs in them too grab them vertex's and put them where you think they go on the ref >_< because right now.... you're either gonna have a very rectangular man or a pancake man =0

good luck ;) im sure you can do it

Best answers
Well **** damn lol, seems I've messed up some how.... I was going along fine I thought, untill I examined the model in the 3d view, and realized it was backwards! the backfaces were on the outside of the way I wanted it to go! It looked fine in the other views...but I dunno, any way I can fix it without having to re-model?

Best answers
select all, then go to face tab, then reverse vertex order >;|

Best answers
Well thnx dark :p lol

Anyway guys, I'm done thnx to the esfworld tutorial lol. I actually understand how to do it now. Thnx to esfworld and davidskiwan for the refs :D

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your double posting o_0...

oh well not my concern...

It looks great from what i can see, keep up the good work. :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG U MADE A BACK! Damn you ;) I can't make a back but it's better then mine because I can't make backs :D

Best answers
"thnx for making the tutorial Randy"
Dont mention it ^_^

*cough* you kinda sold out yourself when you showed the ref of davidskiwan, cause i changed the colours of them, the ref was originally white with red lines. but thats no big deal.
it's looking really nice there, try using some different smoothinggroups.

Best answers
Well I said thnx to esfword, which is where I read the tut, but yeah thnx to you def lol. Yeah, I like the way you changed the colors because origonally I was gonna use his, but I couldnt see the verts most of the time cuz of the color. So yeah thanks to you, and thanks for the advice and crits everyone. Anyway, im still workin at it, and that tut did help alot, so thanks :D

Best answers
KiraYamato said:
Well I said thnx to esfword, which is where I read the tut, but yeah thnx to you def lol. Yeah, I like the way you changed the colors because origonally I was gonna use his, but I couldnt see the verts most of the time cuz of the color. So yeah thanks to you, and thanks for the advice and crits everyone. Anyway, im still workin at it, and that tut did help alot, so thanks :D
haha, that is exactly why i changed the colors, it's hard to see vertexes in ms3d that way.
BUT, you can change the colours of the vertexes in "Options" ^^
anyway, the model is looking really neat, i might make a pbp head tutorial O.O

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha nice, a head tut. Ran-D tell me how to make the back ;_;

One crit, I don't like how the back is taller then the front,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be useless to do a Head tutorials.. because it the same as the other way.. Poly by poly ^^

but anyway.. dont get offtopic.. or some will get warnings.. (maybe me ^^)

Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
One crit, I don't like how the back is taller then the front,
Actually its not taller, I just modeled a bit higher on the back, so you could kinda see the more of where the shoulder starts. Anyway, I'll have an update soon hopefully, havent had a chance to work on it for about a day so I'll be back workin on it soon.

Best answers
if u ask me, its pretty boxy.. yea.. round up the edges around the torso.. not the detail.. the detail is GREAT! but the torso is not square like spongebob.. so ne way.. give us update we love EYE cAnDy! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom