topic on performance

Best answers
but you have double tap swooping,,,,makes moving alot faster now too.

Map size is ok imo. Im gonna miss the old cell map though (the verticalness of the canyon was my fav)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
The Great monkey is half right. the Models are downsized. but the maps could be made even larger if they wanted to. they are large period. The maps for 1.2 are bigger than the 1.1 maps. you can tell just by looking at them but there really is no need for the largeness of the maps since 1.1 melee knock back isnt as far, and is weakend, and 1.2 you dont go anywhere (input imo here, but i dont know what it means so i wont be a poser) so the largeness of the maps is somewhat pointless
uh no

use them eyeballs and notice that

[ESF]nighthawk said:
Maps are same size as in Beta 1.0 and 1.1...only thing that has changed is mapping techniques.

Best answers
hmmm turn off reflective textures should solve the water lag problem :D

*alt+tab back into esf 2.0*

Best answers
:eek:

There are no such things in HL. I wonder if you've actually been playing HL.

FYI, HL cannot reflect anything. Period.

If anything, it's because esf_island is huge, and it has lots of water.
Reason for FPS loss?
Animated water waves and textures. These both can cause big performance hit should the water:land ratio be that of esf_island, or the massive size of esf_guru.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think he means actually reflective, but more like shimmering effects.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Yeah, sorry about that. I mean't like r_mirroralpha 0 in cs... where u can turn off the "shimmering" effect of the 1337 kr3w glasses :D

Best answers
i have question i have a 2800 mhz and esf only works at 56 when server's full on any map i got radeon 9600 xt how can it be? i dont understand it........ i saw in the outline for esf 1.2 that the fps will improve as i recall plz tell what i can i do to make it work good i puted it in the 800x600 sometimes im hopless....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom