Top 10 Things to be Fixed

Best answers
Things I think should be defiently fixed or tweaked in ESF:

1.) Sometimes when you're hit to the ground it takes too long to get back up and defend against the onslaught of giant beams comming at your body.

2.) Models such as Gohan look like strange blobs with hair.

3.) Fighting looks like its in slow motion when the combo of keys you put in is in action.

4.) Even if you put in the right combination you still get hurt.

5.) While walking on the ground it seems like you're just floating above it.

6.) While in turbo everyone runs the same (arms behind them).

7.) Dragon Balls are inside of map.

8.) There are only two special combinations in game, should be more.

9.) Sometimes when you are flying at a person you either go through them or they engage combat with you.

10.) Some transformations are dissapointing - Piccolos, Krillins, Gohans

Now don't get mad at me these are just the things that I think should be fixed. I know its still in Beta but just things to be suggested.

Best answers
Wow cool list , makes alot of sense i should have tought of making a list like that myself * sigh *

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) That's called being stunned, it happened in the series.

2.) That's basically an opinion, I happen to think the hair looks great for this engine

3.) Advanced melee has been considered a place-holder, even by PcJoe himself.

4.) That happens because your opponent succesfully matched your combo, getting a chance to attack you with his

5.) Really?

6.) That's a neat animation in my opinion, nothing negative about it if you ask me.

7.) CTDB is an experimental mode as of now, I wouldn't recommend using it

8.) That is a well known fact, and more combos should be added

9.) Again, something I have a hard time understanding...

10.) Well, there not going to be as spectacular as Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan... their hair doesn't change to another color.

Best answers
gohans model is fine on my comp, so is the fighting, maybe you are floating, u take a few seconds longer to get up kuz they threw u harder? if u get up right away then its gonna b hard to kill ppl, does it matter how ppl fly in turbo?, if dbs are in the map, they could b ezily spotted due 2 the size of the map, and no duh when u fly at them they could either engage in combat with u or you can engage in combat with them, i never flew through ppl before, krillin and picollo don't transform in the db show, esf makers have to b creative, krillin is strong when he transforms, gohans transform is the eziest what do you expect? do u want him to be the best character even when he transforms way before everyone else, that would make him near darn invincible... jeez buddy, those aren't things really needed to be fixed.

[edit]picolo doesn't have hair to change colour, hez baldddd =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can fix the magic floating characters yourself, decompile a model and type anywhere in the qc file

$origin 0 0 0

to move the character downwards, change the third digit, for example

$origin 0 0 10

then simply recompile and try it ingame, repeat and mess with the digits until those feet are firmly on the ground :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Sometimes when you're hit to the ground it takes too long to get back up and defend against the onslaught of giant beams comming at your body.
That's the idea. If you got pounded that hard into the ground, then chances are you don't know how to do a wall jump and kick back up.

You can download other ones if you don't like it.

3.) Fighting looks like its in slow motion when the combo of keys you put in is in action.
No, it really doesn't. It seems to me actually that the faster you and the other guy match each others keys, the faster the fight executes, but even their slowest isn't slow at all in 1.2.1 by comparison.

No, you don't. It gives you a chance to put a beat down on the other guy.

Turn off software rendering and get a newer computer, man. I've only seen that happen on one machine--a pentiumIII 600, equipped with a voodoo4.

What exactly did you expect them to do? Waste 3 months animating slightly different runs?

[sigh]...this game mode isn't finished yet. Why doesn't anybody seem to REALIZE that?

I'm sure they'll get around to it when the time is right.

9.) Sometimes when you are flying at a person you either go through them
or they engage combat with you.
I never go through anybody. I think there might be a delay on how often you can hit the opponent with advanced melee, is all. And when they engage in combat with you, it simply means they hit you.

...I'm not even going to answer this one.

Best answers
Well, personally, I think the new systems are all fine. The main thing I would like to see added is already going in: New transformations and attacks. >.> Now we just need the Great Saiyaman and some movie characters. Brolly? And uh... Raditz. A Raditz is the only really big problem with ESF. Everyone needs Raditz. All the other DBZ mods and games besides the Budokai series, and I think the travesty that's Ultimate Battle 22, forget the coolest villain in all of DBZ. <.< Who needs to be true to the series?! SSJ Raditz? Think of the possibilities!

EDIT: Some of the Androids, like 17 or 16 would be cool too. Making yourself explode would be one awesome attack.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you don't. It gives you a chance to put a beat down on the other guy.
Actually, thats a bug. Sometimes, the server sends you the wrong arrows when your blocking. It'll say you got it right, but in reality you got it wrong and take damage.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wow top 10 things and the server crash isnt there?

My 5 would be:

1 Server Crash
2 ToM
3 Giant_forest_map
4 New Vegeta/Goku models (but I can live with out this one)
5 An integrated Anti Cheat system (maybe?)

Best answers
for number 9 that is called a teleport when someone teleports from one place to the other they leave behind an after image!!!

Best answers
Since I haven't checked this in awhile due to laziness, I will only reply to the last few....also due to laziness...

For the post of Ultimate Trunks - It is not teleporting, it is their whole image. The connction wasn't bad considering I am most of the time on a LAN server with a friend. But back to the point, I was flying into him and I just kind of flew until I finally went through him - He didn't move or anything.

For Kaibutsu - I haven't really had the server crash happen to me so I didn't bother listing it.

For Hybrid - Correct, it is a el bugo...

For whoever commented on # 1 on list - It's not always a hard hit or I'm out of ki, sometimes I could just easily be hit into ground by a weak attack and still my character takes his sweet time getting up.

For whoever told me about Char floating - Thanks for posting how to fix it, and it's not my system that's the problem or the settings of graphics.

For DBalls - I know they are in map and need to be fixed but it is still a problem, hence the list.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funke Monkay said:
Things I think should be defiently fixed or tweaked in ESF:

That's not a problem, it's a feature, and it was worse in 1.1 .

Maybe it's your video card?

It's being sped up in 1.3 .

I can only assume you mean retaliation, and that is being cut down in the next version, but you can still dodge if someone attacks you. If you're too slow and you dodge after the animation has started you've already been hit so you take the damage anyway.

Animation problem? Sounds like another video card problem.

Oh noes! You can post how you'd like them to be different in the suggestions section. I'm sure if they were small changes DT would humor you. That is, of course, assuming your suggestions are reasonable/make sense.

It's an experimental game mode. It will be "fixed" in the future.

We're still in beta, there will probably be new combos in 1.3 .

9.) Sometimes when you are flying at a person you either go through them or they engage combat with you.
That could be lag, that could be your video card, you could both be aiming off to the side.

This is rude to say without an explanation, not to mention subjective. If you have suggestions, post them in the appropriate forum. Transformation effects are being upgraded in 1.3, check the dev journals.

Now don't get mad at me these are just the things that I think should be fixed. I know its still in Beta but just things to be suggested.
You went about it the wrong way. We have a suggestions forum for suggestions, and we have a coding and bug report section for bug reports. Please post in the appropriate sections from now on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That could be because you missed one, and you take damage due to block breakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom