too hard to be true

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
"Pros" dont go around and brag their skill. They wont go around and laugh in your face and say, "OMG LEWK @ ME SKIZZL U R SUX I WIN U"
LoL That actually happened to me several times :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Welcome to the world of competitive video gaming.

You will never be better than everyone, there will always be that one you'll fail to defeat.
Tell that to Sarutobi Sensei when he played everyday.

Pros are that good. They're that good because they play the game on a regular basis. They fight people as good or better than them. They get better. My sensitivity ingame is 65.

You'll get it in time if you play as well.

::EDIT:: to open a dem file you put the file in your ESF directory go into esf type "startdemo "filename"" Or something like that. the console will help you out.

I'm what they consider "pro". Look me up in game i'll show you we're not hacking.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know the kinda stuff you're talking about woodfly, I remember when I first started ESF. I'm pretty sure some people use the autoaim mouse feature. Not sure if that's bad form or not.

I've noticed a lot of them are real energy conservers. They take any instant they can stop to power up, even if only a tiny bit. Its true they have incredible aiming ability tho, I often can't keep up with their movements.

Some are teleport pros, who will dive outta the way of every swoop you make before you reach them.

Others are combo-rapers as I refer to them. They take advantage of knockbacks and kick u're @$$ without you able to get up. Some of their tricks are easy. Slam or throw somebody into the floor. Its tough to get off the ground in ESF. Here they can either beam you, or kiblob you to death.

Others are harder to avoid, like the ones who throw or double knockback you into the ceiling and make you fall. Then they hit charge an attack and aim it at te place you will hit. They use a beam jump until you come into range and then release it, blowing you up. That one's hard to avoid.

Here's a tip: stay away from the ceiling, and be ready to have your hand on the jump and block buttons if they are going to throw or knockback you. Its the only way to avoid being hit into the ceiling or pinned to the ground. If you hold those buttons when you slam into the ground, you can jump safely away with only a grazing hit and not a kill.

Like they said, is all about experience and stategy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The autoaim in esf is actually something you want to turn off. It makes your mouse less responsive. Try this out: Turn on autoaim, and look at one point on the map/screen, try to put your crosshairs directly on it (dead center). Can't do it can you. Now take off autoaim, it's much easier and your crosshairs move with your mouse.

Here is an even better hint than the one above: Don't get hit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, thanks for cleaing that up :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kaination is right, "pro's" dont go around bragging about being good at this game. It's all about quick reflexes and being able to move quickly without using to much ki. Saving Ki is the main factor. Also a low ping helps in a big way. I have to make do with an 80 ping all the time :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
Kaination is right, "pro's" dont go around bragging about being good at this game. It's all about quick reflexes and being able to move quickly without using to much ki. Saving Ki is the main factor. Also a low ping helps in a big way. I have to make do with an 80 ping all the time :(
Heh, my ping will always differ since I have to play at a net cafe :(, but most of the time it's lower then your on PTGN anyway =P.

It is possible to have such skill, though a lot of n00bs like to think we are using hacks =/. It just takes time to develop such skills. Spectate a pro player to get the jist of what they do if you want to learn his style of play if you can't find a demo. There are a few demos around here if you look through this section of the forums, & you'll also find a pro video on esf-world.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sensitivity doesn't make or break you. You should use what feels comfortable. I personally use a sens of 11.5 while there are some people I know in the hundreds. It all depends on your mouse, your windows sensitivity and your reaction speed. Use what feels right.

Anyways, the people you're being beat by are the people that play the game on a regular basis. If you stick with the game for a few months and play people who are good at the game, you can be that good too. It's honestly not that hard once you understand the game.

The main reason most average players get hit is because they're predictable. They'll fly in a straight line or keep doing the same pattern over and over. You need to be unpredictable: change up your teleports, don't swoop directly at an opponent and make sure you always have enough ki to at least do one teleport. Another major thing is to look for patterns in your opponents style. The best players in the game are the players who can adapt to what the other guy is doing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
The main reason most average players get hit is because they're predictable. They'll fly in a straight line or keep doing the same pattern over and over. You need to be unpredictable: change up your teleports, don't swoop directly at an opponent and make sure you always have enough ki to at least do one teleport. Another major thing is to look for patterns in your opponents style. The best players in the game are the players who can adapt to what the other guy is doing.
No one could have said it better. Listen to Hybrid here. He knows what he's talking about.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woodyfly said:
im not saying theyre bragging or not.. its too hard to believe theyre that good. And theres no demos of any pros out there? nice. . Some kids out there are that good huh

PS: to adreyesf .. by combos i didnt mean arrow combos.. i meant meelee kicks (they kick u twice, then beams beams = thats what i mean by a combo) .. they never ****en miss a combo with their 20 sens.. a snap from the mouse can do a 3000 degree turn but they still follow you around and kick/beam you perfectly after ur teleporting your ass around the map constantly
Well those ar bombo kick's and punch's but there r 2 secret combom theath you can't not blok u suld learn them lol
And there allwase beam's try them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
Well those ar bombo kick's and punch's but there r 2 secret combom theath you can't not blok u suld learn them lol
And there allwase beam's try them
You're wrong, you CAN block those combinations, but if you miss 1 arrow its too late.

There are two secret combo moves in advanced melee, but you have to figure them out on you're own. They are not to be discussed on the forums :)

Best answers
Well im practicing with best type bots.When i fight i always find ideas how to defeat enemy. I played with some kida "pro" guy who was beating me up. Since he used the same tactics, i figured out how to avoid it and then i defeated him.

But rly, it looks like none uses his brain in the game, they don't care about anything, but fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black Gohan said:
Well im practicing with best type bots.When i fight i always find ideas how to defeat enemy. I played with some kida "pro" guy who was beating me up. Since he used the same tactics, i figured out how to avoid it and then i defeated him.

But rly, it looks like none uses his brain in the game, they don't care about anything, but fighting.
I use my brain when I play ESF.

As in if I see someone with a fully charged KHH/Spirit bomb/final flash, i'm not going to go straight, i'm going to think how to avoid him.

My best and final advice to you is to create a bunch of fightning styles and switch it often (randomly) so they can't catch on.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes i know about theath but i think we sayid to much it's up to him to find out the secret combo's
And i use my brain when i shot the fully charge KHH/SB/FF to realy hit

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There are loads of demo's of these "pro's" playing. And just seeing how the pro's play, don't get you really that far. I mean, you do have to understand how they do it, and you have to get the skill under control yourself as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YUP, kaination and skyrider are absolutely right. I always use different styles, usuaally when I side step to someone that I often play against I go side to side with swooping, then if we play an improtant battle I also go up and down and start teleporting them mad!

Oh and to those guys who think they have high ping, come play against me one day and then you'll see what it means to have high ping, my lowest I've ever got against someone in europe is 300, but I think my pc was lying, just to make me feel better. ;b

I haven't been playing esf that much lately, I always used to play it everyday, but I'm going to a LAN in a few days then I can teach some noobs how to be higher than the average noob player.

Best answers
Sounds pretty damn hard to switch playing styles... I mean actually using a different fighting style takes time to think it completely through. By the time you're done thinking it all through, you're too late.

The way I see it is to develope a style which works against everyone. Though making slight changes to it to match that person. It works well for me.

As for me i have that aim help switched on. Don't know why but I kind of like it with the high sens seeing as it's hard to aim properly for a kiblast with a high sens anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me, if I have to put too much thought into playing ESF, it isn't fun anymore, because I'd just get stressed if my plan doesn't work. So I just go with my reflexes and my intuition.

I think my style is fairly unpredictable. Or at least, I'd like to think it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woodyfly said:
Esf is a whole diff battleground than cs. Aimbotting will take you to an invincible level. either 20 sens + good aim or aimbot .... whatever. Not one person has released a demo of them fighting.
What r aimbots? And where can u get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom