To all that whines about ESF 1.2

Best answers
well..as far as the whining goes...i wouldnt mind so much if they were suggestions and not total flames towards the mod...in the recent release there are a lotta good things that came with it (like no targeting to swoop) and there are a lotta bad things (swoops speed and amount of special combos)...so if they were posts that point out the good, bad, and what needs to be changed it wouldnt be so bad...but like SaiyanPride said earlier...90-95% of the ppl that make those dumb flame posts are 10-12 years old that think they should have everything given to them instantly after they suggest/demand it...so until the game gets a more mature fan base as a whole these posts wont be goin anywhere any time soon

Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
Actually, you are wrong. Transforming with any character not only increases your speed, it also improves your ki effiency. Which means you have more ki to burn.
So while your powerlevel might not jump up to match some other characters, by transforming, you put yourself in an almost even playing field. They might have 3 million more PL than you, but if you are transformed, both of your speeds and ki usage will be pretty much even.
In other words, you might transform and only have 3.5 million PL and are fighting someone with 10 million PL, but you'll be moving at similiar speeds (same speed if you are the same character) and ki usage will be similiar (again, same if you are the same character).

Hes the slowest transformed character. How is that "even speeds"?
He has a "Max Speed" of 250. The next "level" up is the saiyans with 280, and all the other "alien" people are even faster than that. How come piccolo is so slow? He's an "alien" isn't he, so why shouldn't his speed be classed with them, instead of classed below the saiyans? He has no advantage over anyone else. His so called "unique" attacks can be used by one character or another aside from the scattershot which is nothing more than a nuicence(sp?) at best. He is slower than everyone else. His trans multiplier is a "alien" multiplier (1.5x). He doesn't even get a new model when he transforms. Where is the advantage for the green man, besides having a superior model? (go smo go)

If transforming helps with your ki, it does it for everyone else as well, which is no advantage at all for him. Hes fine until people transform. After that, hes not worth using.

Thats what I want in the 1.2.1 patch, or 1.3. I want Piccolo to have a unique advantage over the other characters. Everyone else has one, except Piccolo

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
Thats what I want in the 1.2.1 patch, or 1.3. I want Piccolo to have a unique advantage over the other characters. Everyone else has one, except Piccolo
Piccolo has the most and the most damaging energy attacks. Melee + eye lasers, melee + scattershot, SBC by itself, soon Masenko will get a boost.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Piccolo has the most and the most damaging energy attacks. Melee + eye lasers, melee + scattershot, SBC by itself, soon Masenko will get a boost.
cell has sbc,frezza has finger laser(better) and is faster,also has deathball.
piccalo's good but is easyly overshadowed by other chars,esspecialy cell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone looks way too much in the flaws of games these days. Especially ESF and always say there annoyed about it and constantly ask to change it... Why not ask for a cookie too while your at it?

I mean Cmon ppl this mod is fan based! this is not a big gaming company doing this, as much as a good job the team is doing, they are still limited in making a game compared to a professinal industry of game creators.

Suggestions are cool, but isnt that what the Suggestions area is for?

I say stop playing the game to look for the flaws and just sit back and enjoy the most dbz style game there is out there to date...

Best answers
o geeze, tell me about it. I was a super noob in 1.1, and then 1.2 came out with the new swoop, I'm owning almost everyone on the servers I've been to. Some dude starting *****ing at 1.2, then started *****ing at me calling me a hacker. It was funny when he left, but the whinning really needs to stop.

However, there are those other whinners that tell us to stop using normal 1.1 melee too. Very interesting.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
cell has sbc,frezza has finger laser(better) and is faster,also has deathball.
piccalo's good but is easyly overshadowed by other chars,esspecialy cell.

Wha? Piccolo has eye lasers, which are superior to finger laser if you know how to use him. Frieza doesn't have scattershot or masenko, and SBC is 9 out of 10 times a one hit kill attack. It is a little death ball that costs less and charges faster.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Wha? Piccolo has eye lasers, which are superior to finger laser if you know how to use him. Frieza doesn't have scattershot or masenko, and SBC is 9 out of 10 times a one hit kill attack. It is a little death ball that costs less and charges faster.
well the averige noob woun't know how to use it so theyl go with freza instead,and cell has the sbc to,and he's also faster,more atks and beams,perm trans,and starts out stronger.

I'm not saying pics bad,hes really good if not being compared to cell and freeza,i say give pic something uqiniqe to him(more uqiniqe then the eye laser,which is hed on hed with finger laser,and not weak blasts like scatershot) :)

ps: people who would rather use beams go with someone other then picc,so masenko is seen rarley.

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
Hes the slowest transformed character. How is that "even speeds"?
He has a "Max Speed" of 250. The next "level" up is the saiyans with 280, and all the other "alien" people are even faster than that. How come piccolo is so slow? He's an "alien" isn't he, so why shouldn't his speed be classed with them, instead of classed below the saiyans? He has no advantage over anyone else. His so called "unique" attacks can be used by one character or another aside from the scattershot which is nothing more than a nuicence(sp?) at best. He is slower than everyone else. His trans multiplier is a "alien" multiplier (1.5x). He doesn't even get a new model when he transforms. Where is the advantage for the green man, besides having a superior model? (go smo go)

If transforming helps with your ki, it does it for everyone else as well, which is no advantage at all for him. Hes fine until people transform. After that, hes not worth using.

Slowest? There are 2 ppl I play when I play the game, they are Goku and Piccolo. And I can trans faster with Piccolo than with Goku most of the time. How? Simply put, Piccolo is a bad mutha <insert dirty word here> if you know how to use him.

As for the 250/280, 30 speed difference...that's not really a big difference. You'll be flying almost as fast as a SSJ, which is alot better than staying at base, non-transformed speeds where you WILL see a difference. Which was my point. My point was, it's better to transform because with only 1 transformation for each character this release and the upcoming patch, all the characters are pretty much the same once you transform them in terms of speed and ki effiency. So what I'm getting at, is it's not so much the characters as it is the skill of the person using that character.

The "Caped" Piccolo model was not released this version because Darktooth did not have time to animate the cape. Therefore, it was not released.

The 1.2.1 patch will only contain bug fixes, exploit fixes, tweaks to certain game systems (i.e. melee), and a couple of new maps to sum it all up. And what are you talking about? Piccolo has the best, most lethal unique move of them all. It's called the Special Beam Cannon. It's so good that it's probably going to be nerfed soon.

Best answers
Hay man i thank the ESF Team for everything they did... i love this mod and i wanted to be a coder for it n all... but no one looked at my post. so that kinder went down the drain...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"And what are you talking about? Piccolo has the best, most lethal unique move of them all. It's called the Special Beam Cannon. It's so good that it's probably going to be nerfed soon."

Obviously not unique if Cell has it.

Best answers
Smith| said:
"And what are you talking about? Piccolo has the best, most lethal unique move of them all. It's called the Special Beam Cannon. It's so good that it's probably going to be nerfed soon."

Obviously not unique if Cell has it.
Why is this turning into a Piccolo sucks argument? My only point I tried to get across was that transforming, no matter who you are playing, is good.

But to rebuttle you, Cell is a unique fighter in that he pocesses most of everybodies special attack. By your reasoning then, I can say that with the exception of Buu and Trunks, Cell is the only unique fighter then and nobody but those 3 are special. Cell is a mute point to bring into this argument, because whatever you can do with another character minus Buu or Trunks, Cell can do to.
So I stand by my earlier statement. Piccolo does have the best attack in the game. Period.

Best answers
I think frieza ! he rox ! I think every char has simply the same "power".
Maybe Goku is a bit more powerful (we all know him as the strongest fighter in the world so thats normal) There has to be a "starting" char like goku !

I just think The Mod roxors poxors ! It's the first (really good mod) which has no "guns" (I think :D)
The HL engine is used 100 % diffrent then in mostly all other mods!

The ESF team and all guys who helped esf being such as a good mod which it is today
RULE !!

ps

I really like to make those signs "" :

Best answers
Piccolo is my fav char....that sbc is absolutely killer (anyone whose good with scatter post a few suggestions for me,,,,i suck with it).

I agree with the vegeta taking forever to trans....but when he does his beam attacks are brutal. So its kind of balanced. Wait for the patch and see what the team does....transing will go much faster do to the increased PL gain from advanced melee

Best answers
This game rocks and owns it took only 2 days to get melee down pat i play alot of ps2 xbox and gamecube games i no how to press bottons and to combos just like in fighting games like marvel vs capcon 2 all the same to me this game rocks now i injoy playing this game.

Best answers
Soulstrikers one talk, I beat him in his own server and he kicked me... shows some sportsmanship huh (Funny thing is he taught me how to play first day)... talk about whining =P

Anyways, new players dont have it easy though compared to people who have played since the release.. i imagine it hard to find out the melee system with adv players pummelling you with hits and throwing you, and transforming quickly.

I think in a sec im going to make a server to help new players withw hat they dont understand =P And others should take into concideration that Melee isnt the easiest thing to figure out with the combo's and throwin' and the right amount of prepunches to get full use out of combo's...

If they whine after you help them out, because of something they KNOW how to fix... kick em =P (Warn them first =P)

Edit: And that guy that transformed longer than soulstriker...the only reason it took him so long is because soulstriker tends to kick people better than him =P So being a noob against the Beta Tester... who is going to bring up ki faster?

Best answers
If new players start crying about melee being too hard then there should be a splash screen when you load ESF for the 1st time which states something like:

"If you've never played ESF before, or if you havent read the manual - do so now."
or maybe
"This is your 1st time playing the new ESF and you WILL need to learn the new system. Go read the manual, then practice against some bots before you whinge about the new melee system"

Improbable, but plausable.

Best answers
this game is not REALLY GOOD and NOT REALLY BAD... its just average.
DBZ budokai.. period

Best answers
err....no. budokai is no where near as fun as esf(1.1 for me). dont get me wrong, budokai was a good game. but u go play budokai and ill play esf, well see who get bored first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom