TMS_RatsZ [Satan Final Edit]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big Nyusa! (Newsa)

Hey all, I finally found and fixed the error I was struggling with, turns out it occured due to one of my textures being too large ~_~ so simple yet it eluded me for so long.

Oh well, I continue to test the new additions and hope to have my final edit finished with in the next few days, so until then enjoy these preview pics:

So far I've added some more traps as well as spiced a few places up a bit and changed some textures as well as adjusted the cannons to prevent mass murders x.x

I'm sorry if you love the cannon's previous explosion magnitude but I've seen it spammed too many times and people get way pissed off, soooo I changed it.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was there when taz first released his rats map and now look what its become. ;O

I like what youve done with it. All these little touchups and addons to the map are usually pretty good, so I expect that from your final edit.

(is that supposed to be a dell :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it's an e-machines. I retextured it to look like my comp :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do know better than that, that's why it's a pic of a guy...

Inuyasha = Guy

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Looks cool, not my style of map, but it still looks good. And I removed an image because it had a topless women (I don't watch anime, so I don't know who it is, but it looked like one). You know better than that ;).
I made that mistake too =P, nice map Satan \o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[UpDaTe]

Yeah well, this is MY PERSONAL edit...sooooo yeah.

And since I added the magazine to begin with, as well as the cannons, tv remote, most traps, etc...

----[EDIT]----

New Screenshot! I've made use of the previously unknown of rat tunnel. It is now lit (obviously) and heals!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I know whatcha mean.

OFF TOPIC: Hey where's your sig? I still have your old "F*** Off! I'm not fixing it!" sig if you lost it...

Best answers
Good job on the Map there \0/ Love my new computer ^^ with cd and all :)

Cant wait :D

Best answers
so when is it coming out fromthe screenshots it looks so cool :shocked:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
Actually it's an e-machines. I retextured it to look like my comp :D

Lol. That picture even included the post right thtere. Look closely now.

Why did you change the default pictures though. Kami won't like that. (in the magazine)

The "problem" with the txetures being too big. Is that the fact that you would sink into the floor? What was it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
B0Bmaster40000 said:
very nice. i love these sort of maps. im so sick of the regular ones.
Is that teh B0Bmaster O_O, you better stay back ;)

Sorry about that Satan, didn't know (rofl Opty).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good map, better than the first one.
nice work, are the bomb's still in there?
i hope so

Best answers
well on pic 2 and 5 you can still see the "banana bomb" so i guess theyre still in it
nice map you got there, can't wait till it's released

Best answers
He remembered the banana bomb :) (feels so happy ppl remember me and Satans Work)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im at school right now, waiting for programming class to end (7th period).

I currently have four issues with the map right now.

1) I get "random water." There is water in and around the table by the bed for no apparent reason.

2) The microwave door: It doesn't want to re-open >.<

3) The floor in the bedroom is still weird when you walk on it (it almost forces you to go into first person) but the kitchen floor is fine.

4) Lighting in the outside top area: It seems since I stopped using the SKY brush and used actual sky textures, the top has been pitch black. What I have tried is moving the light_environment up to the outside instead *shrug* I'll see if it works when I get home (w00 5 more minutes until school is out for the day)!

---ANYWAYS---

The banana bomb is still in (of course), I only toned down the explosion magnitude for the cannons so it doesn't take out half of the bedroom >=/

I had to do this because I have had the cannons spammed way too much and people get really really annoyed by it.

Another cool feature I have added is "knife damage." -- The knife that is stuck in the meat in the kitchen is now "sharp" and kills on touch and causes tons of gibs to shoot out onto the floor :D

Best answers
You gotta have sky brushes for the light_enviroment to work

The microwave door was a problem in the old RatsZ ... never got around to fix it properly

And the spawnpoints prevented spawn camping ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I re-added the light_environment and used the sky brush in only the outside area.

As for the spawn points; they are still spread out to prevent spawn camping but I got rid of a ton of them because most of the time, I've never even spawned in 80% of those places.

Best answers
looks good

whats with the cell poster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom