Thoughts

Best answers
I hate been thinking about blocking in this game for quite a while. I have been thinking of different things that would give players the ability to block effectivevly, while not giving the defender a clear advantage all the time.

My idea is having two types of blocks.

The first would be much like what is implamented now, a type of block where you hold down the key and wait for the attack to come, with some minor changes. One change that I would like is whenever someone uses this first type of block they are knocked back a ways (though not very far). This would mean that repeated hits can smack someone against a wall causing them damage (something that happened quite often in DBZ) as well as the fact that they would not be able to counter directly after your attack because of the distance that would seperate the two players.

This first block would be purely defencive, easy to do, but would not give you the upper hand in any way. It would leave both players on equal footing after an attack.

The second type of block would be totally different from what is in now. It would be a counter-block. A block where the defender would have to time the tap of the block button (or perhaps another button altogether?) correctly and he would then counter, or perhaps stun?

This second block would be much harder to accomplish, but the gain for doing it would be much greater because it leaves the defender with a clear advantage, whether it actualy counters, just stuns the opponent for a while, or something else along these lines.

So that is my idea, two types of blocks, one that is easy, yet does not gain an advantage, and one that is difficult, that does.

What do you think?

01Chrono

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like the ideas, there would be too many block buttons, and to put block in as a weapon would be pointless to do so, also you psoted this in the wrong area.

Best answers
I dont like the Idea, infact its awfull, Im not flaming. :p

Two blocks are too much, and u said the first one would give both players equal footing? WELL HELL NAW, first what if they beam u and u bounce back?!?!?!?!?!?!? And did u ever notice if ur blocking and someone hits you YOU STILL LOSE DAMAGE!
So ur oponent would get some of u life off, AND U WHOULD BOUNCE BACK, ****ARAY! :cool:

So my conclusion is, keep the block like it is, its awesome!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with the 2 posts above.... I don't like the idea...
1) 2 blocks is too much...
2) There WOULD'NT be equal footing......
3) I just don't like it :D

Mog

Best answers
i think it would be pretty cool to have the first one... they are puting crushing damage into b1.1 for when beams push you against walls so i guess they could do the same for melee.
couple of problems tho:
1. using the current melee system the person blocking would always jump out of the block before he hits the walls cos of the delay time between each melee hit.
2. its pretty pointless... it would take ages to hit someone all the way to a wall ...and anyway, someone else will have killed both of you with a kame by the time you get there! o_O

i think if this does get put in esf, it will be b1.2 or later because the new melee system will probably be a lot better and you might actually have a chance of hiting someone all the way to a wall.

the 2nd block idea was kinda okay, but it would end up making it completely imposible to melee anyone above n00b status! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom