This program saved my computer...I MEAN IT!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i had download a mp3 converter, WHICH Had a spyware....very high- can break down the computer, BUT! It was saved, thanks to Adware SE Personal, the new version of Ad aware. I suggest you get this now, because this thing is so powerful, it can detect alot of spyware that i dont even knew. Total spyware so far...185 objects. Go get it now at download.com. It may save your computer!

Best answers
yea i got this when it was first starting to release, love it and no computer of mine will run without having that on it lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had it for awhile.

Glad it helped somebody else.

Best answers
wow it found 125??max mine ever found was 25-30...u musta went to alot of bad sites :eek:

ps dont forget that if u download programs with spyware its not gonna work without it so if u need that program reinstall it and its spyware

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have it, but just for kicks, I'm gonna run it, and see what it finds. I think I can beat that number :p

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not a bad program but I prefer Spybot search and destroy but I also have adware and run it occasionally but since I've installed Mozilla Firefox its been quite low lately. Give Spy S&D a try and you will see quite a difference.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spybot doesn't catch anything on my computer anymore. I deleted it. I'm sticking with Ad-Aware.

Best answers
uh did u notice the names? lol adaware is for adware and spybot is for spyware ;) so they detect different things although some stuff is consider adware and spyware on both progs theres a lot one searches for the other doesnt...

Best answers
No, they both search for adware and they both search for spyware, there are some things Adaware doesn't get and Spybot does, and visa versa, it's best to have both, but Adaware has been pulling ahead of Spybot, especially with the release of SE, it's a great program.

Best answers
Try Spy Sweeper along with Spybot and Ad-Aware and you will pretty much be spyware free. People complain about Spy Sweeper because it takes so long but thats because Spy Sweeper searches the entire HD for spyware. Where as Ad-Aware and Spybot-SD only search known locations for spyware and often miss some. However, like I said, with those three programs you will be pretty much spyware free.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first time I tried spysweeper, it found over 1000 spyware objects. That was after scanning my computer with ad aware and spybot. It was insane.

KyoKusanagi

K
I find spyware blaster pretty effective in preventing spyware infecting my computer in the first place. Coupled with Adaware and Spybot search and destroy ive managed to stay relatively spyware free in the time since ive installed those programs (1 instance of spyware in the last 6 months)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Bullet-Proof Spyware Remover, and I've never looked back. I ran Spybot, then Adware, and BPS still found more...

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I use Bullet-Proof Spyware Remover, and I've never looked back. I ran Spybot, then Adware, and BPS still found more...
Apparently BPS Spyware/Adware Remover uses stolen code from both Ad-Aware and Spybot.
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=3912

CNET User Opinions gives BPS Spyware/Adware Remover a 100% rating even though there are almost 35 reviews giving it a 1 out of 5, hmm...
http://www.download.com/3302-2144-10183773.html?ob=0&pn=1&fb=2

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i used this, cuz im trying to protect my computer. All i got from this was 16 "critical objects" eh, i looked they were just cookies. i could have deleted those myself i didnt need this program. but ill keep it anyway just in case ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom