This just keeps on bugging me.

Best answers
I can't stand how so many people in the suggestion forums keep putting down ideas cause they say it would be too hard to code or to do when everything in this mod must be somewhat hard to do. Then the fact that most of them don't know how to code and they keep saying "oh it's impossible" or "oh it would take to long" or "i don't wanna wait for that. Well just to let all the people who keep saying that know, this thing won't be done for a long time if I'm right, so you'll have to wait a while for everything. So don't say it'll take to long cause saying that is pointless cause this thing won't be finished for a long time. And if you don't know how to code then don't sit there and say "it'll be too hard for them to code." Also if these guys can do all these great things, then they must be able to code pretty good now huh. So the moral of this lesson is: don't say what you don't know. Does anyone agree with me on any of this. Cause this all really ticks me off. ;(

Best answers
i dont want esf to end i mean i would like it if they keep adding updates to the game but

if they finaly completed the game and dident do anymore updates the game would be dead just like what happend with bfp and ebfp that would suck:cry: :cry: and as for having new ideas it is what keeps mods alive and i dont mind wating for new things to come in the game it makes the game more fun to play:p

Best answers
Yeah I can somewhat agree with you man, oh and you forgot to add "it would cause to much lag"

Best answers
Saiyan Pride I think you miss understood what I meant. And Yeah Majin krillin that is another good one. How do they know if it will cause lag and if it does then just lower your resolution or graphics or whatever right.

Best answers
whoops!! i was reading another post and got the two confused i was gonna post on both but insted posted what i was gonna post on the other on this one srry and i do agree with u about ppl putting suggestions of other ppl down

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think you understand.... About 90% of the suggestions in that forum have all be said one time or another and actual team members have said "It is to difficult to code with the hl engine" or "It will cause to much lag". They have just stopped posting because they have said it over and over. So when ever someone says that, they are just qouting a team member. So do not get upset when this happens. Do you know how many people have suggested fusion... I would have to say atleast 700 people have made there own thread about fusion... It gets tiresome and every body already know the answer so they say it because at one point a team member has said it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
I dont think you understand.... About 90% of the suggestions in that forum have all be said one time or another and actual team members have said "It is to difficult to code with the hl engine" or "It will cause to much lag". They have just stopped posting because they have said it over and over. So when ever someone says that, they are just qouting a team member. So do not get upset when this happens. Do you know how many people have suggested fusion... I would have to say atleast 700 people have made there own thread about fusion... It gets tiresome and every body already know the answer so they say it because at one point a team member has said it.
yeah, what HSU siad ^_^

Best answers
Yeah I get that but many of my ideas have been new and yet people just keep saying that stuff. And I don't post about what has already been said like some noobs who go onto forums and never read the inmportant stuff. Oh and here is another thing. I'll post a new idea and no one replys or if they do then they put it down. If they do reply they end up saying to someone else its a great idea if someone else starts a thread about it. Or somone else starts a thread about it and everyone replys. I just don't get why people don't listen to me. :( :cry:

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not sure how you can think they are new? You have been on the forums for a month? I hate to say this but there have been a lot of suggestions over the past year and a half. In some way or another it has all been said just with some small changes or different wording. Now I am not saying they are bad... infact I think afew of the ideas that people give are just great but when you have been around the hl engine for so long you get to know what it is capable of and what just can not be done.

Best answers
I have checked through the forums to make sure no one has said my idea. Sure maybe some have but only about 35%. I had a beam idea everyone had, a final shine someone might have had (to actually get it in game and have no one complain, I'll post that soon) and a melee idea where part of it was from DMZ. Everything else waas 100% original. SO they can't be saying stuff like that ya see.

Best answers
there are few things that bug me about the suggestion forums:
1-ppl keep making "polls" about thier ideas!!! (like they wanna show how smart thier idea is! like it's a contest of who can come up with the best idea!! not a place to give ur suggestions to the team)
2-sometimes i see a newbie post some idea that either have been sugggested b4 or can't be done in hl or anything like that, and 10 other newbies reply (omg that's a great idea i like it!! they should put that in game!!!!!!!!!)
3-sometimes someone suggests an idea that is not hard to do or not impossible in HL. and ppl come and say "imposible in HL!!!!" like they know everything about hl :S and sometimes they say "to hard to code" and i bet they don't know anything about coding.

i *personally* think the suggestion forum needs to be "moderated". so ppl just post threads, but don't reply! i mean this is a place for suggestions to the team not to "pimp" your idea!!

Best answers
I haven't heard a good new idea come out from this forum in a LONG time. It's all old news. Think about it noobs, b4 u suggest somethin, realize that we've been here over a year, and what ur sayin PROBABLY has been said b4. Not sayin don't say it, but if you get flamed...it's probly been said b4

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when people like myself (or possibly only myself?) post suggestions, I usually include methods of reusing old code to solve the conundrum. For example, in my "More Traditional Beams" post I made a point about how the block meter could be used in conjunction with continual damage (alla ki blob) to produce a crushing effect like that from the show. Many people post irrational suggestions without a thought to the engine or to the team, like "destructible terrain" or "dust everywhere after an explosion" or "suicide attacks" like Final Flash. The first two would bring the engine to its knees and this is common knowledge, but I still see them suggested every weak. The third one has been responded to by team members and members of the community, and so far it looks like a stupid idea. That's right: Some ideas are just stupid. Not all of them are "impossible in hl" or "would cause too much lag." Some of them are just bad ideas that would take time away from new releases and produce little to no noticeable or positive contribution.

If you know the HL engine so well, why don't you just argue back when somebody gives you grief about lag or coding?

Best answers
Again most of my ideas have been new. Oh, and UltraQ, the reason I put polls in my suggestions is to see if people like it cause if they do then it increases the chance of it being in game if the ESF team reads it and sees it getting praise. And now that were on the Fianl shine topic I want to ask you something Sonic Boyster. How about fianl flash thatt isn't suicidal like from final bout or BFP. My idea was to have it take a while for it to charge then bam it blows but not very big at small charge. But if the charge is big then it creates a blast about the size of a fully charged kamehameha but the ki blob stays there and it does little damage from the blast. The rest of the damage is like the ki blob. It just depends how long you stay in the blob. And it can be blocked to. Just face the person and hit block and when it blows you get pushed back without getting hurt. I'm only posting this here cause I won't bother in the suggestion forum if you say its dumb.

Best answers
Oh and Sonic boyster I don't argue back cause it just will cause more and more problems. People seem to ignore the rules a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, buddy. Don't be retarded.

First of all, ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS HAVE BEEN SUGGESTED MANY MANY TIMES, BY MANY MANY PEOPLE, ALL TO NO AVAIL.

Know why?

Yeah, they could put the Final Shine in. But Sonic said it best: some ideas are just stupid. And THAT is one of them.

Fusion is also incredibly stupid, unless it wasn't really fusion but rather a "class" that was modelled as both Trunks and Goten fighting simultaneously, and one of their later transformations was the fused version of themselves.

It isn't that limits in HL stop us. That's just what people like me and Sonic say instead of "it's a really dumb idea and would exist entirely for your own blasted novelty if they did it" to not start flame wars.

If you want to do a Final shine, shoot a final flash and detonate it as soon as it fires, it's about the same effect.

If you want to hear some actual INTERESTING GAMEPLAY SUGGESTIONS I suggest going looking for a post I wrote a dozen or so pages back. It talks about things like multiple version of attacks (weak kamehameha and strong kamehameha as separate attacks, etc.), "impacting beams" (attacks that hit and don't do a great deal of damage but send the enemy flying like a weaker melee effect), and the only SENSIBLE way to do melee struggles (two guys hit, flash fighting ensues till one gets his end of the meter into the blue, other guy is sent flying with a brutal melee shot).

You have to understand, that the idea isn't enough on it's own. It has to be implementable within reason. Which means no "We'll just add a separate key for Final Shine/Fusion/Genocide Attack/Summon Brolly." They have to be intuitive, which means no "you press these seven buttons at the same time and then a meter appears and then you lock on to the part of the wall you want to kick off of and blah blah blah." Most importantly...you can't put **** in that makes no sense, just cause it will entertain you. So things like fusion (literally, anyway, as opposed to it being a transformation for a Trunks & Goten class), are out of the question. Things like a blocked melee shot knocking you back a little to make countering a little harder, thats sensible. That's a gameplay enhancing idea.

Bottom line, like Sonic said: some ideas are just stupid. Let the team decide and if you have a SENSIBLE idea, that is DESIGNED WELL and has PLAUSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION POSSIBLITY, then by all means.

But we've all heard Brolly Mode/Final Shine/Obvious List of Transformations/Add Hercule/add Fusion posts before.

it's not about ADDING. It's about ENHANCING WHAT'S THERE. This isnt' a shooter--having eighty five weapons and character models doesn't make it any better.

And like Sonic said. Some ideas are just stupid. I think I'm going to start replying with that...just because it might get the point across easier then reasoning out why it's a bad idea.

Okay...works over, gotta go. Later all.

Best answers
Ok, SaiyanPrideXIX, first of all don't ever call me a retard. Second I never, never sugested fusion. Second it is opinion not fact as to whether the final shine idea of mine is stupid and if it is stupid then tell me why. Third, go through the posts I have made and read them throroughly. Quote me if you want to but most of my ideas are original or they have the basics of an old idea but with some changes making them not suggested before. I'm not one of those guys saying "Hey it would be great to be Brolly, Janemba, Gogeta, Veggeto" heck I have never liked the fusion characters before i thought it was adumb idea by Akira Toriyama. Fourth don't say stuff about the HL engine not being able to handle it if you really mean its a dumb idea. Infact just don't say anything at all. And last my ideas have been very sensible. I have thought them through very throughly and this is coming from someone who was once part of a DBZ mod tm (until the head honcho went insane). And coming from a guy with an IQ of 135 which would be much above average (average is 100-110, genius is 140 or above) and i'm only nineteen i think that would make me a bit more sensible with some things don't you? (sorry if i'm bragging, I actually hate boasting my IQ cause I don't like people knowing what my limits are).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when talking about critics like: "it would cause too much lag" and "that isnt possible to code in hl"
i fully agree with them.. (at least most of them)
i say that alot too

i know the hl engine for a long time and understand it.
when i say it would cause too much lag, then thats mostly true.
LAG is caused by lots of information that has to be sent from server to player and back, some people say lag when they mean your computer is slowing down by lots of sprites and stuff.. i think thats not right, that depends on your computer..

also stuff like "that isnt possible in halflife" is also mostly right if they say it.. (i dont hear it alot tho)
n()()bs coming up with ideas like "somebody should make a huge map of a few cities, villages, mountains, seas and stuff, it may be a big map like 30 MB"
should be told that there's just no way..
if there are 20 n00bs coming up with that idea, and im telling them all 20 the same, then dont be mad at us if we say its impossible 20 times...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop asking about Final Shrine. I already made a comment about the ki blob idea in one of the other 87987 threads. If you could just fly out of it, you would. If you could just punch vegeta to stop it, you would. Some people would be stupid and they'd stand in it, but what would be the point? Not only would it be a completely different attack from what we saw on the show, but it would be useless against moving players. Fly away and shoot a beam. Fly in and smash him to stop it. Just stand there and let him run out of ki. Start up a real ki blob next to it. There are too many ways out of it. Beams work because they explode and do instant damage, so you can't really get away once it goes off. Ki blobs are useless unless you are immobile, and if you are immobile you can be taken apart in a whole lot of different ways. It sounds like the kind of technique you would spam when someone was trying to melee you, but instead of stopping them from coming after you, it would just make them start spamming beams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom