This just keeps on bugging me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dudeman put it well. You don't need to be a programmer or anything to understand what half-life's limits are. Gigantic dust explosions and stuff like that cause lag, it's obvious, you don't need some intricate knowledge of the code to understand that.

Some ideas would just take up so much time to do that they'd be completely unfeasible considering their value, such as fusion. Some people just know that. Again, you don't need to know the code, just have some general idea about the engine. Keep in mind I'm not arguing against your final shine. I'm arguing against the statements which began this thread.

If you wanna read my opinion on your final shine system you can read all umpteenth pages of it in that god forsaken final shine thread. I know yours is different but my statements remain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vega Nite
Again most of my ideas have been new.
Do you know how many times this forum was wiped of posts?

Best answers
u guys got me wrong. i know many of the n0b suggestions can't be done in half life and all that.

but it looks like n00bs like to repeat that line alot. i don't mean u or anyone specific. but i always see some ideas that are either stupid or are useless would require too much work or been suggested. but it's not impossible in HL. and suddenly someone comes and say "impossible in HL".

i mean i myself say that "it's impossible in hl" sometimes, but many n00bs seem to say that in every suggestion they don't like. like the fusion thing, it's not impossible in HL. but it's just useless and stupid. but not "imposible in the hl engine"!!! the team made all the amaigng tranformation effects into the HL engine, and ur telling it can't do fusion o_O and some say it would cause lag !!! just how the hell would it cause lag?

that's what bug me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually its not the engine its the coder.Sometimes you can do great things with an old engine

Best answers
I agree with you there dudeman if you know what your saying then ok thats good and i don't mind if you say that it would cause lag or whatever. Just as long as you know what I'm talking about. I don't understand why some people think the final shine would be useless I used it quite a bit in BFP and kicked some butt with it. It just depends on when you use it. And Sierra Sonic, yes I know that many threads have been delted but if they were it was cause they were said so many times. I haven't been typing in the forums but for a bit less than a month but I have been reading them and following the game for about 7 or 8 months. I just hate it when I have posted about different ways to do beams and everyone says it's impossible when it is not at all. Earlier I posted about a DBZ style ki flamethrower weapon to be a secondary charge for the generic ki beam and people said it would be too hard to code or be impossible and it's not. If I remember right there is a flamethrower in HL so what are they talking about? And if there isn't there have probably been mods for one. It's stuff like that that bugs me. And one final thing so everyone who reads this knows.

1. I have not posted anything about fusion characters, a fusion technique
2. I have not posted anything about DBGT characters or Movie characters. The only one I would like to see is maybe, maybe Brolly. But I still gotta say no.
3. Don't accuse me of posting something if you don't know if I have posted it.

Best answers
from Emeka650
actually its not the engine its the coder.Sometimes you can do great things with an old engine
Very good point. Just look at what the DBZ:TDIR team did with the old JK engine.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can turn sand into mud, and mud into brick of mud, but you can't turn a brick of mud into a brick of gold. The engine can only go so far, so don't you go thinking that the world's greatest dev could code Doom 3 into the original Doom 1 engine.

And the botton line is that Final Shrine is unnecessary. Secondly, it's a GT attack. When he used it in DBZ he died, and the team doesn't seem to want a suicide attack. Regardless of how you **** around with it, it will just come out too contreversial. Vegeta doesn't need it, and the team doesn't need the grief of listening to 12 year olds spam the forums about how cheap it is.

Best answers
Sonic boyster again that is your opinion and just to let you know, every other DBZ mod out there seems to have found a way to make it useful so I'm sure this one can to. And I'm 19 not twelve.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't oppinion to say it isn't necessary. It's oppinion to say that it is. The only necessary components to a DBZ mod are characters and some kind of melee / ki attacks. At this point there just doesn't seem like a reason to take a reasonably noncontraversial modification and add attacks that half of the community is against. They could add a boatload of other techniques like the kikoho and the bigger ki blast (like in BFP) without 50% of the community telling them to take it out.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I love the title of this thread, it explains the reason why im closing it. :rolleyes:

THIS JUST KEEPS ON BUGGING ME! :devgrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom