This isnt a drawing of anime but look anyway

Best answers
I made this in my spare time in photoshop. I was the only person in the game and for proof its how i got the camera angle (which was achieved during devmode, a cheatmode for halo CE which prevents online play when activated)

So what if its not anime or anything?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's basically a screenshot with some text I guess....

Best answers
Its not a screenshot. I was the only person in the game. Its not a screenie either because theres no gun or hud.

Best answers
what.. oO i dont get this, why could it not be a screenshot if your the only one playing... when i play bots i get screenshots.. all you do is go on spectate mode, watch everyone fight, and with this mode there is no hud.. eh i dunno. its differant

-SaN

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ATOMIC COW said:
Its not a screenshot. I was the only person in the game. Its not a screenie either because theres no gun or hud.
Really? please explain how you made this in more detail then...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
multiple screenshots. cutting out of images of the players and attatching them of the map which he possibly screen shotted. I dont know, but the sprites are too detailed to be cut out using photoshop. I dont know, seems as it could be a screenie *notices the guy on the ground above the black mark*

Best answers
Ice Man said:
I dont know, but the sprites are too detailed to be cut out using photoshop.
I can cut just about anything, so I object.

Best answers
It looks just like a screenshot and only that, no matter how you said you did it...its just Halo.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"This isn't a drawing of anime but look anyway"

What is your point? It still would have sucked even if Halo was anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he probably had someone else sit their with the screen in the same position as a spectator than atomic cow would do the running around and whatever in that spot...so that he could just cut out parts and put it in their and it would looks the same.

Best answers
What I find interesting is that this kind of photomanipulation is treated harshly, when the guy did the gruntwork of fabricating the source material, but taking other people's pictures and slapping them together with a few filters on top somehow is ok. Fascinating.

Anyway, I respect what your trying to do Atomic Cow, but you should have probably framed the action better. In such a way that there are better visual indicators for foreground and middleground. While we can clearly tell that some characters are closer than others, the angle on the action doesn't emphasize the drama of the conflict. Maybe if you panned back a little farther and had a Master Chief in the immediate foreground with a sniper rifle looking down on the action that might add to it. You may also consider running the game in high-detail with anti-aliasing if you're going to use a screen cap as a wallpaper. Also, the text is badly done. Having the title the same size as your name makes you look like an ego-maniac.

For the record, Halo sucked.

Best answers
Mr Domino... are u a teacher or something? or u just read the dictionary? Dude the reason why people have such negative comments is due to the fact that he told us to look, and what we are seeing is non other than a screenshot with text... no matter what u did to this, its a screen shot. The way that we use images and filters, effects etc is very artistic, we arnt saying we made this all we used images to help us produce the artwork, he took a screenshot and said he made it, thats how it is!

its how it is...

-SaN

Best answers
Yeah, this is somewhat of an old topic, but I'll explain it. And a few other things to prove it. First of all, theres no spectator mode in halo. Or halo CE (Which i used). And theres no bots either, at least not mapped into hang em high. So heres a somewhat detailed explanation. It IS a photomanipulation.

I was the only person in the game because I ran the game in developer mode to take the camera away from fp and onto a different angle. Then I saved the coordinates for the cameras position. After that I simply took about 18 pictures of me shooting rockets and stuff from different locations. I chose the best ones, and opened them all in photoshop. The rest is easy. Just put image 2 on top of image 1 and put a hole in the layer where the guy used to be. So it all looks the same, exept for theres another guy in the picture. And, If you want more proof just ask. Halos netcode only supports 16 players, and I can make up to probably 25-30 people in one shot. Oh yeah, and the text. That was extremely rushed, I spent about 1 second on it, which is why I look like an ego maniac and it looks like crap.

Best answers
First off, we don't know if he just took a screen shot. He could have manipulated several screenshots together to create a battle scene. The question was left open, and the person who made the thread has not yet responded.

[Edit]There you have it, now we know[/Edit]

Lets say that he did manipulate several screens to create one master image. That is the equivalent to taking photographs in a digital sense. In other words he made all his source material. He framed it, he arranged it, he set the lighting and the scenery and took the necessary pictures. So, to clarify, he didn't just go to some website borrow other artist's stock imagery and have his way with it. Many of you probably aren't aware that the majority of the anime/manga/videogame images that you use in your sigs and wallpapers are not licensed freeware. Meaning that the original artist has not freely released his or her work to the public to be used without discretion. Atomic Cow has, at least, done the grunt work of making almost everything he uses, which I think should count for something.

Yes, using filters and images in an artistic way is fine, but at the base level you are not doing the majority of the work. You are standing on someone else's shoulders with a computer that uses algorithms to generate effects. It takes a lot of work and creativity to take what someone else has made and make it your own. Unfortunately the large majority of people out there now do not do that. Such are the reprocussions of the digital revolution.

And to answer your question, yes I've read dictionaries. You should try it, you may discover that "u" is a letter not a word and that sentences start with capital letters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AHHhhh I was correct except for the park of being spectator. I don't think you shoulda put the guy in the corner on their.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pretty much agree with everything Mr. Domino said.

And it looks ok, jus a shame that u chose such a boring camera angle, and the image quality isnt too great :( so yeah, its ok, i see wat u were trying to do, and its clever its just not too visually appealing. Its a pitty about the text too >< the saturation on the screenies isnt great either... anyway nice try :)

Best answers
Yeah, theres this weird problem with PS I dont know how to fix, it puts a pink overlay on everything, but it doesnt have it on the saved pic.

Best answers
Pink overlay? Do you have the color channels split?

It's not a total loss anyway, it's a good experiment. You just need to work on your framing and better solidify your idea before you start. Besides, if it's just you in the server there's no reason you can't jack up the visual settings for the screenshots. Framerate's not a vital necessity or anything. Anti-Aliasing will help a lot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom