This is Alabama, we speak English. Se trata de Alabama, hablamos Ingl

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Brosiris, what country do you hail from, and what is your cultural background? You know you just argued with a Hispanic from an immigrant family about assimilation and learning the language, right?

You should note that I didn't say mandatory second languages in school are bad. I said if you live in the united states FOR MANY DECADES and don't bother to learn any english you are being lazy and a problem. Many Chinese and Koreans cringe at americans trying to speak their languages, I've seen this multiple times, they may not appreciate multiculturalism as you do. You speak against me saying that we should learn other languages and have them learn english, and then say that we should learn other languages and have them learn english . . . was there a point to being PC there? Or where you just demanding language justice? Spare me. I don't need a lecture, I don't see why this problem is approached from both ends, not just the end that wants a fractured, PC america that is not well assimilated.

Coincidentally, if there was a drive for multiple language products, they would appear in that product. In fact, there is, and it does happen, as we do now currently press 1 for english, marke dos por espanol. I'm also pretty sure every product I open has secondary languages further in the instruction booklet.

Finally an issue with your opening,

America was and is indeed the land of opportunity, why should an opportunity to learn a language be taken from them, because learning more languages is good right? That obviousness aside, American Business owners have a right to live as they wish to live, regardless of whether or not it robs them of multicultural money. When your right infringes on another's right, that right is forfeit. They are free to speak whatever language they like, and by that I meant both parties. No one should be forced to communicate in a way they don't want to, and if it costs them business or lunch, so be it. This is also the land of personal responsibility, and you make America what it is for you. Government on the otherhand, must work equally with all law abiding citizens and legal aliens, here I agree. However, that is not cause to make sure we have Driver's license tests in Farsi for Kansas DMVs. Do what you can, reasonably, when you can.
I'd write more but one of my hands is covered in cheetos cheese....

anyway, im american, but i live in a primarily spanish part of florida. i was merely using spanish as an example because im more familiar with their culture than any other race which isnt that much. I agree with much of what youre saying, though youre taking much of what i said to an extreme. ill probably say more when i have time, and ill fix the grammar and spelling and punctuation later.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the rest of the world doesn't...

LAWLZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom