This **** also just blew my ****ing mind

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved this part;

He was persuaded back into his tank. He was hungry but otherwise OK.
Yeah, sure. Like he was kindly asked to return to his tank, please.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He his in a seawater drain? That's either one resourceful, or plain lucky cephalopod. It surprises me that they could have so much mobility outside of the water, but then, they don't exactly rely on fins for movement. I just wonder how fast they could move on land. They said he was making a break for the exit door...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw a video of an octopus in one tank and crabs in another. The octopus actually climbed out of his tank and into the other one so he could have a snack. Octopi are pretty freakin cool. They'd could be dangerous if we attached lasers to their head.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha, I bet his ancestor was the Squid from 20,000 leagues under the sea.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He his in a seawater drain? That's either one resourceful, or plain lucky cephalopod. It surprises me that they could have so much mobility outside of the water, but then, they don't exactly rely on fins for movement. I just wonder how fast they could move on land. They said he was making a break for the exit door...
It was probably just incredibly smart. Octopuses are one of the smartest creatures around, they're really fascinating.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, but can that octopus do THIS??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zuhCbNHJ2A&fmt=18[/ame]

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This video proves the magnificence of octopuses

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7004909622962894202[/ame]

edit: God damnit, I hate that videos are automatically embedded.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not even like it was threatened. It seemed to be killing them just because it could.

I love that we have a thread dedicated to how awesome octopuses are. We should sticky this ****.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
octopii are VERY smart. They learn on the first try most times, they can survive overland for quite a while and regularly move overland even in the wild. They're really neat creatures. I've actually seen one in the wild when I was snorkelling in Little Cayman in the shallows. Brilliant things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom