Things noticed

Best answers
Howdy doody all! Great mod you got here, great update too!

Just a few opinions/questions

Ever noticed that with bots, when the melee, they only prepunch and throw you? Man that really is annoying for
1 - i cant stop it
2 - it get monotonous after a while

And that everyone is meleeing these days... i mean its almost asking for it if i try to use a spirt bomb, for some guy will just zip up to me and melee attack me. Sure im meant to do it from a distance, and where no 'action' is going on, of course, but common i cant even pull of kamehameas :S

When i do though, people would just teleport out of the way, zip up and once again, yipee do da day i got a melee battle.

Im finding that beams are hardly ever used these days, and that powerstruggles are extreamly rare (which i used to love, hence the sadness :( ) (Beam powerstruggles at that)

Oh and another question, with the new explosion effects, are they ever like HUGE..? like they used to be? im yet to see a huge big bang that makes your mouth drop in awe, so far all im seeing is neat fx :p

:tired:

Retired
Best answers
I totally agree, I loved powerstruggles aswell, but you're right it hardly happends these days. which is sad. because imo they were the best part of the game. I don't think the team changed the explosions considering the size of them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you are right about the beams, only way to get it charged is to make sure you are shooting from a big distance.
as for the huge explosions, it is only noticible when you first transform and got an powerlevel *1.5 *2, its also the sprite that doesnt give away the power of the beam. it is toned down, so you wont have those huge ball form explosions. personally i like the current sprite´s better, expecially when someone is swooping at you, and you shoot a generic ball at them. on impact you got that dbz feeling, when they are covered in smoke and all.

man i love dooing that :D

Best answers
maybe they should change the beam system, in the dbz series they could just fire away whenever they wanted except for strong kamehamehas. In my opinion it could be a good idea to change the beam system so that you can fire a beam (except for spiritbomb and some others) withouth having to charge, but if you want to make it stronger you have to charge. It would be like you don't have to get a certain amount of power in the bar. If you press once you fire a beam at expense of more ki then now for example, but if you hold the mouse button the beam will start powering up. Because now even a small generic beam is sometimes hard to pull of, while the weapons changing system has become more usefull imo.

Best answers
I too miss the powerstruggles :) (check the suggestion board).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ever noticed that with bots, when the melee, they only prepunch and throw you? Man that really is annoying for
1 - i cant stop it
2 - it get monotonous after a while
Check www.esforces.com/bot for the recently released patch :)

Best answers
I find powerstruggles to be really, well boring and repetive,(no i dont know what repetive means im just trying to sound smart ^^") and its based around mostly who has the highest powerlevel and Ki, and im not saying this just because ive been beaten in a powerstruggle before because i won some myself ^_^ but its just that alot of people who cant melee too well (mostly newbies) just stand in a corner and throw beams at you all day, i mean im in a melee battle, i knock someone back or they hit me back and right after im pushed back a beam hits me right on impact and kills me and then they repeate the same thing over and over until u get angry and decide to melee them instead of the oppnet you were facing and cry and whine about all u do is melee and leave watever server, its just annoying to get that and i tried teleporting out of the way, but im usally low on ki i guess.

Besides (oppinated) Melee takes more skill to me, as in PS, its not about skill, like i said earlier its about powerlevel or ki, example: so if im ssj and ur normal, then ur pretty much gonna lose everyone excet maybe a few if your lucky around the ki area.

Best answers
Sakura said:
I find powerstruggles to be really, well boring and repetive,(no i dont know what repetive means im just trying to sound smart ^^") and its based around mostly who has the highest powerlevel and Ki, and im not saying this just because ive been beaten in a powerstruggle before because i won some myself ^_^ but its just that alot of people who cant melee too well (mostly newbies) just stand in a corner and throw beams at you all day, i mean im in a melee battle, i knock someone back or they hit me back and right after im pushed back a beam hits me right on impact and kills me and then they repeate the same thing over and over until u get angry and decide to melee them instead of the oppnet you were facing and cry and whine about all u do is melee and leave watever server, its just annoying to get that and i tried teleporting out of the way, but im usally low on ki i guess.

Besides (oppinated) Melee takes more skill to me, as in PS, its not about skill, like i said earlier its about powerlevel or ki, example: so if im ssj and ur normal, then ur pretty much gonna lose everyone excet maybe a few if your lucky around the ki area.

Your Crazy, Powerstruggle is where its at :laff: people melee way too much now soo :rolleyes:

Best answers
mabye thats because thats what the show was based on? If you wanna beam get good enough. I see these uber people that can get off kamehamehas just fine... learn the game and you will too

its all about tactics man. Your not going to charge a bulky beam when someone is comming at you. (if your smart) learn the weaknesses of what your about to do and find a way around them. Come on guys this is all common sense... its like putting your hand in fire. You just dont do it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Power struggles consist of firing a beam and holding down a button. That isn't monotonous? Someone tell me how I'm misinterpreting the word -_-'

In case nobody looked at the front page, 1.2 was released 3 days ago... melee is still new, so it's a little early to be complaining about people using it too much. Once people figure out simple melee and novelty wears down they'll start using beams more. True, beams aren't nearly as useful as they used to be, but it's all for the greater good. You can't interupt battles with them as easily, and after the patch you wont be able to do high levels of damage to people right after they've broken up from an advanced melee round.

Beams weren't ever used in DBZ to blow up a whole crew of people, usually just one at a time. They're something you throw in when your opponent is a ways away from you and you want an explosive edge on the combat. Power Struggles will start happening again, just not like they used to. I wouldn't mind having all of the beams reduced in power and increased in charging time to make them closer to the show but that'd be a bit drastic.

Best answers
Tetsudah said:
mabye thats because thats what the show was based on? If you wanna beam get good enough. I see these uber people that can get off kamehamehas just fine... learn the game and you will too

its all about tactics man. Your not going to charge a bulky beam when someone is comming at you. (if your smart) learn the weaknesses of what your about to do and find a way around them. Come on guys this is all common sense... its like putting your hand in fire. You just dont do it.

o_O Uhh first of all i dont know where u got the theory that The show was based on beams???its based around melee mostly nows thats common sense :rolleyes:

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Beams are like 1-2 hit kills now. Sure their hard to hit with but their ridiculously powerful, especially compared to melee.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honestly, you want to see more beam action, the best way would probably be to reduce the server size. If you want a lot of beam action, it's hard to do it if you're really close to someone all the time. Either that or be krillin and snipe.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well, In the show beams were only used to finish someone off, power struggles were practically non-existant, and even then simple ki blasts were used more than beams in the show, its fine how it is.

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
o_O Uhh first of all i dont know where u got the theory that The show was based on beams???its based around melee mostly nows thats common sense :rolleyes:

...ok what the hell... in that whole post i say good things about melee and you seem to not beable to grasp the main idea? I think the word of the day needs to be common sense. Everyone needs to look this up and write a book report on it or something. I didnt say the show was based on beams. I ment melee. Whether or not your capable of using context clues isnt my fault... (sorry... bad mood... just got done doing yard work...)

Best answers
Tetsudah said:
...ok what the hell... in that whole post i say good things about melee and you seem to not beable to grasp the main idea? I think the word of the day needs to be common sense. Everyone needs to look this up and write a book report on it or something. I didnt say the show was based on beams. I ment melee. Whether or not your capable of using context clues isnt my fault... (sorry... bad mood... just got done doing yard work...)

Off-topic: Well from what i seeing, you wanna bring up stuff like context clues and such??!, Why dont you try Starting off your Paragraph with a Captial Letter, something you should've Learned in the 2nd Grade. Also, you should really space out be and able as common sense should let you know they there not suppose to be that close but you obviously lack in the area of common sense so why encourage it. Maybe you fell out doing yard work and it have you slight brain disorder or something.

Ontopic: I never said you didnt say anything good about melee, but if you go back too your post it clearly states after sakura made her post, this is exactly what you said (isnt that what the show is based on anyway?!?) I dont know how the hell you meant melee from that quote, u either fell asleep and forgot what u posted or posted wrong and forgot to edit it.

(yardwork is no reason to come down hard that way everyone makes mistakes :S )

Best answers
i'll share some tricks with you to pull off beam attacks,
Melee with some one, the "normal" melee him, he should fly back, he goes for you head on, tele BACKWORD, and through your after image launch a "generic" ball, it goes right through the after image making a direct hit.

Swing somone into the ground, not wall, and charge a 25% kamehameha, then blast them, or just rapid fire them into a ki blob.

double "normal"(1.1 version melee), its when you hit someone, then teleport 2 times,(you should be behind him) and beam him, even if he slaps it, it leave him open for a quick swing into the ground.

sometimes you can see people, and not see them on your scouter, so stand a good distance , and launch a secondary attack spirit bomb, wait until melee break.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u can use beams and there more usefull now than they ever were in 1.1

its not hard to go around using beams if u actualy try

Best answers
I never said you didnt say anything good about melee, but if you go back too your post it clearly states after sakura made her post, this is exactly what you said (isnt that what the show is based on anyway?!?) I dont know how the hell you meant melee from that quote, u either fell asleep and forgot what u posted or posted wrong and forgot to edit it.
that was bad boy who said
Your Crazy, Powerstruggle is where its at people melee way too much now soo
thats what i was refering to.. get your eyes checked. [offtopic]

yea i know hibiki its just people dont get it these days -_- [on topic]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People go out of their way to use beams; such people get owned. Use them when appropriate. . . which, for the larger ones, isn't very often. But it wasn't in the show either. Power struggling is cool. . . but as others have said, you're just holding down a button. Before the beams even meet each other the winner has already been decided by PL, by distance, by beamtype, etc.

Notice that, even in the show, Goku never went through a spirit bomb uninterrupted. :p If you want to use the giant ball of doom, be covert about it. Start making it really high up, then drop your fly, and land in some obscure corner or some such. Then wait for the right time and unleash.

As annoying as it can be to get sideswiped everytime you charge a spirit bomb, it's equally annoying to be blown up everytime you exit melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom