The USA is screwed up...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The US wins that one with no contest. To much bull**** going on there to let any other country get even close. In the US people sue each other for the most bull**** reasons, where the UK only has holes in its laws.

But yea holding a 4 year old accountable for anything, while protecting he 18 year old retard who electrocuted himself is just to ****ed up.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neither...
Talk about taking stuff for granted...

China censored Google. (and the entire ******* internet)

Australia has a ban on everything violent.

Children in muslim countries are taught to hate other religions.

Romania has car owners paying a pollution tax. (depending on how large a car is and other factors, the tax is a percent of the vehicle's total value... As in, paying for nothing..)

And I'm sure there are plenty more examples of 'screwed up' countries, but that's just because it's a 'screwed up' world.

As for being on topic and all, the kids actually hurt that old woman, 4 years old or not.
The mothers are to blame, since they were clearly not watching over their kids. Imagine that, instead of the slow old woman, they would hit a moving car and get hurt themselves or worse...
Either that, or the mothers are secretly raising a breed of humans capable of participating in a Carmaggedon. Which would be awesome, by the way. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't say the USA is screwed up, I'd say that dip**** judge is screwed up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFS, reading comprehension:

The ruling by the judge, Justice Paul Wooten of State Supreme Court in Manhattan, did not find that the girl was liable, but merely permitted a lawsuit brought against her, another boy and their parents to move forward.
Meaning they can attempt to sue the 4 year old, but they're going to ******* lose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He shouldn't have even permitted a lawsuit though. What a complete waste of time.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, interpreting what I already knew and what was constantly reiterated at Jon Stewart's Restore the Sanity rally... this kind of stuff has nothing do with countries and it's people overall in any generalizing or stereotyping manner. To label an individual situation between citizens a representation of an entire country is farci. When it comes to the developing situation between the parties involved this has all been promoted by a seperatist unit, a seperatist identity that has attached itself to the status quo, an entity of madness and terrible ideology known as the judicial system, and it's only allowed to exist because it still seeks the destruction of those who destruct others... but, it's clearly gone from a tool of society to a capitolist demon.

Also, the UK and the USA should both be embarassed that litigation like this is giving legs. The squatters in the UK shouldn't get away with what is basically encroaching private property, and the estate (greedy children) of the old lady who suffered the hip fracture, shouldn't be allowed to turn an accident into profit. They're no different from lawyers chasing an ambulance.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He shouldn't have even permitted a lawsuit though. What a complete waste of time.
A waste of time for all parties involved based on legal precedent. I'm sure the estate understands the 4 year old isn't currently employed, and hopes to gain damages from the kid's parents for not paying close enough attention. But again, it's a losing case for the estate. This is the difference between this case, and the case where a dude's house is broken into and inhabited for as long as they have. Has that predicament even been resolved yet? If we're going to say an entire country is ****ed up because of something as trivial as this, after coming to the conclusion that generalizations are goddamn retarded in the last thread, I'd be happy to delve into the hundreds of years of asshatery that is English history.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course I was not trying to generalize the entire country. I was just making a point at the past thread. However, it is sort of ridiculous that it is 'allowed' to sue a 4 year old, the judge basically said the kid was old enough to know that it shouldn't hurt older people. I mean...what the hell?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I don't mean to defend the ruling, I find it hard to believe a child doesn't inherently know not to drive a bike into a person. Whether or not it's oblivious to the consequences of its actions, or simply didn't care, is something else entirely.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said in my previous post... it's clear that the judicial system has gone from helping people to completely helping themselves. How does the judge not realize when an accident has occured? If someone can't dodge a 4-year old on training wheels, he/she shouldn't be allowed to walk down the street. This should cancel out the fact that the parents weren't watching their children's every move. I guess the 4-year old was driving a monster truck and hit the elderly woman's compact car.

AWW YEAH LET'S LITIGATE! cha-ching!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How exactly does this help the judicial system? Set another precedent for when the 4 year olds buck up so the feds can knuckle up? This has nothing to do with a judge not realizing a 4 year old was being 4 years old. It has to do with a how a person interprets the law as its written and based on similar cases preceding the present one. Could this be overturned by a higher authority based on that person's interpretation? Absolutely. Should the elderly woman have barrel rolled away from the tricycle? One could argue that point. Should the parents have kept their child from driving 4 trillion miles an hour into an elderly woman? One could argue that point as well. But the fact is, there is a legal precedent the judge found that allows for the child (and its parents by extension) to be sued without actually holding the child liable for the damage done. So in effect, you're suing the parents, not the child. It's wordplay.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure this case will pad their wallets for years to come, Synth, providing all the things court costs account for, and which attorneys pay for, are imaginary.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I lold so much reading all of this here.

There are a lot of messed up countries, for example, here in Greece, we go to school for 7 freaking hours only to learn what we learned at our past classes and we cant leave for over a week coz we will stay in the same class.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lold so much reading all of this here.

There are a lot of messed up countries, for example, here in Greece, we go to school for 7 freaking hours only to learn what we learned at our past classes and we cant leave for over a week coz we will stay in the same class.
Thats not messed up. Thats how the entire worlds schooling system works. Its not good, but its not special aether.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well in my book that kind of teaching method is messed up, i wish i could go to a Finnish school.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Children in muslim countries are taught to hate other religions.
Ahem... no they'r not. Go visit UAE for a change, you'd be surprised how much you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom