The Secret World has gone Buy 2 Play(Ala Guild Wars)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That’s right! Now you can enjoy everything The Secret World has to offer without ever having to pay subscription. The game is now available at only 30 USD/EUR and all you have to do is pay once and play forever – it’s that simple.
The game is better than ever!

The Secret World has grown tremendously with four major content updates since launch. Among the new content is a raid set in New York City, a theater in London where you can put on a play, new auxiliary weapons and more.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/12/12/funcom-makes-the-secret-worlds-monthly-fee-optional/

Interesting. As there was literally no notice of this happening. The game received incredible reviews, but of course wasn't exactly doing amazing overall, in terms of subs.

Still, it's Model is good. IT has a paid sub fee, possible, but I don't think the benefits are anything worth it, so I don't feel gimped.

You have 100% access to the game, if you buy it, no restrictions.

The free tier gets you into the game and lets you play it and its storylines in their base form. The first Membership tier gets you this, according to The Secret World‘s official site:

Time Accelerator (Clickable item which increases experience gain for defeating monsters by 100% for 1 hour, 16 hour cool-down – only usable by Members and Grand Masters)
$10 worth of Bonus Points (given out every month)
Item-of-the-month gift (given out every month)
10% discount to everything in the in-game store

The third Grand Master tier gets you everything listed above and an additional 10% off at the in-game store.
[video=youtube_share;-WDWa9Aqu-g]http://youtu.be/-WDWa9Aqu-g[/video]

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I can tell, it's heavily HP Lovecraft inspired, story wise.

From what I've heard, gameplay is old school MMO, but people say the world and some mechanics are incredibly interesting and worth checking out.

Still, I might wait for a like 9.99$ sale or something.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I hate online games that label "Play Forever" all over because we all know if anything happens to the servers then its bye-bye X amount of lifetime invested in the game. Probably the same reason why I keep switching back and forth between getting GW2 or not :/. Or getting back into any MMO since I first quit WoW years back...Talk about face your fears ey? lol

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol...

GW2 will be around for a long time.

MMO's do practically last forever. Very few have their servers shut down.

FFXI, 2002, still has servers going, almost 11 years after release. If you're not dead tired by then...well...can't help you.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, to be fair my fears are only founded on closing down of servers for some Multiplayer games like Race Driver Grid and such after a relatively short lifespan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom