the running swoop

Best answers
i think the game should allow more ground fights to be made, umm the fact that in 1.2 u have to swoop to do pre punches which u have to do to start a combo struggle means that every fight will be in the air wouldnt it?
i was thinking maybe having a swoop function that, if u are in the air it swoops like it normally does, and if you are on the ground u start a running motion abit faster than what u run in turbo mode and with like 1 arm back in a position ready to throw a punch or something. so if ur on the ground and want to attack the person on the ground with an air swoop u do it like they do on the show, u jump up and than swoop while ur in the air from ur jump.

Best answers
Good Idea I like it but ESF 1.2 is coming like 2 weeks ... maybey the TEAM has time to to that :)

Best answers
the idea is quite good, it is odd that you cant go ground fighting in 1.2 (from what i understood).
the swoop should be less costy, as you dont fly while so.
good idea, but it will probably be in 1.3, not 1.2.

Best answers
i really hope they add this or something simular to at least allow ground fighting in 1.3. Most of the fights in dbz occured on the ground for the majority of the fight :|

Best answers
erm well looking at the videos from the forcepit, i think i can safely say that you can both melee on the ground, even into the ground :]
It does still require swooping, but its fine the way it is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To put it in other words, u want to be able to stop flying while u touch the ground right?
So, I say u should stop flying when u touch the ground and if u swoop on the ground it should b like turbo running. also, if u lift from the ground while swooping it should change to normal swoop.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He means a swoop run.

You would move faster on the ground, and take less ki, than the air.
Ive had this idea for a long time. Just never got the nerve to post it.

Best answers
Very good idea, but it wouldn't happen as much as air melee because you're way too vulnerable on the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait for ESF B1.2 and complain again about this

PS: double forward - release - jump - double forward and done ... just your aura (not the speed) turns off for a lil moment

Best answers
Nretep said:
wait for ESF B1.2 and complain again about this

PS: double forward - release - jump - double forward and done ... just your aura (not the speed) turns off for a lil moment
Yes but he means running along the ground.

Best answers
just a thought with the fighiting...
but when they fight on the ground most of the punching and kicking they do hovering just off the ground. so it makes sense to be always fight in the air. but the running along the ground before that i like. it would give an element to the game that would just sub-consiously make it sooo much coooler

Best answers
i dunno about swooping on the ground. something needs to be done to balance ground/air battles. Maybe make u move faster on the ground while turbo then you could anywhere else. Like if your running in turbo you would move slightly faster then flying while swooping. This will give players more of a reason to stay on the ground. Also the prepunches could do more damage if the attacking player is on the ground.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason nobody has done anything about this yet is because it wouldn't change gameplay. 98% of ESF is played in the air.. if you run along the ground for too long you'll get blown up by area attacks or smashed into it by melee players. What Nretep is saying is that you can jump after releasing swoop if you're touching the ground to get a big high speed boosted jump that'll take you a long ways for less ki than swooping. Running along the ground isn't very practical.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll have to suffice for the really cool animation for them running with turbo on. :) Ground battles aren't really what esf is about and if you want to swoop on the ground just fly really low...

vXr

Best answers
can somebody pls answer is there going to be a singleplayer in esf...?......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom