The RIDICULOUS online ads thread!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I thought it'd be funny and/or amusing for people to save and post here the ads they come across while surfing the internet. Please include the reason you think it's ridiculous, just for fun.

I'll start off: 2284247929571607529.gif
Reason it's ridiculous: This is the creepiest looking man in the world. He appears to be slightly spray-painted red to look like a devil. You can tell his mustache is kept white to make his red skin stand out. He looks like tomato with a wild wild west mustache.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't look at the ads.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well that thread didn't go well. I don't use an add blocker. If I see a good one I'll post it here. ;-)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
9685376744289195563.jpg

Why it's ridiculous: How exactly do you "turn off the lights" AT THE BEACH????? hit her over the head with the ice chest full of beer and rape her? ...... WTF!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen an ad online since 2011.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entire world is a festering carnival of ads and peacocks tails. It's cute when people think they are rid of them just because they adblock the super-liminal. I think some of the most ridiculous is the digital addition of products to any empty surface area in TV streamed to different regions, as well as ingame billboards. So let's dignify their narcissism by scouring the net for them and providing exposure? Right...

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
So let's dignify their narcissism by scouring the net for them and providing exposure? Right...
How bout, who cares? You really think I've SCOURED the net to find those? It's just a meaningless picture containing no hyperlinks that I ran in to while surfing the web. These ads are so ridiculous that nobody would ever click on them, regardless of the amount of exposure they get. I'll have a "WTF WERE THEY THINKING?" moment when I see some of them... it's amusing.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ads are half of the reason people watch the super bowl, I understand wanting to see an especially clever one. For the most part, though, I agree with Kynetik -- Ads are pervasive in society, so much so that I'll usually go out of my way to avoid them if I can (for example, I have ad block installed, it's been a long while since I've seen an online ad).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both points of view are valid, there's no need to get up in arms here...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why am I red?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
The ads are half of the reason people watch the super bowl, I understand wanting to see an especially clever one. For the most part, though, I agree with Kynetik -- Ads are pervasive in society, so much so that I'll usually go out of my way to avoid them if I can (for example, I have ad block installed, it's been a long while since I've seen an online ad).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both points of view are valid, there's no need to get up in arms here...
I edited my post, took out the last tidbit....

Anyways, yeah, I just suddenly realized that I've been tuning out ads my entire life. On youtube, T.V., basically anything except for the Super bowl I will totally tune out. When I made this thread however I chose to try not to tune out 100% of them, and it's scary what you'll notice some times lol.

--- edit ---

Why am I red?
Well, have you ever been arrested? (Hahaha).....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
4067242287629240201.gif Another person with an INSANE facial hair.... Nobody with eyebrows like that should be allowed around your children. The ad is playing on the notion of people getting "stuck on fugly".

I recently on TV saw an insurance ad in which it showed an emotional story about a man's death and then at the end of the story it flashed the insurance company's name for 5 seconds and the ad was over.

Ads intend to graft themselves in to your brain through negative means I.E.
1.An annoying song or group that gets stuck in your head because it's so bad. (Thinking of a certain Credit Reporting agency.)
2.Someone so beautiful (that you could never get) or in some way flawed/overweight in hopes you low self esteem individuals out there watching can relate to these actors posing as satisfied buyers.
3.Profit????
4.Image grafting. When you see a corona what do you picture? A hammock and a palm tree on a beach somewhere? They're sticking a corona in your vacation fantasies.
5. More stuff.

Positive means is most potent usually while watching the superbowl. Ads that make you laugh or amuse you are good. The rest are A*******!

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, i seriously find it ridiculous.
Hahaha. That's a good one. Especially "Men join for free".... so the women are the ones paying to get boned? Furthermore, no amount of money could get me to sleep with a woman so hideous that she'd PAY to get boned.

Lawyers should make these ads have a small caption at the bottom with the model that says "Not an actual member".... Don't you think?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
14798458155582730560.jpg

Funny enough, RavenTrunks, the girls that click this ad here are tricked in to joining the same website for the ad that you posted.

... You know what I'd do with a chick like this? I'd dress up like Robocop and whip out my shakeweight. She could exercise on that.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
2683202788545062128.gif

Seeing as your target demographic doesn't know Spanish and all, I foresee some problems convincing them to watch a solely Spanish video.

GOSH what were they thinking, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom