The Price Of Power

Best answers
Charging up a beam in the DBZ series to its "maximum" is an intense business; a full out final flash took ages, for example. Because of this, there should be a more apparent difference between a beam at minimum charge (i.e. just over the yellow line) and a beam charged up all the way. The only exceptions would be the generic and blinding attack beams.

- the more charged, the slower it is at turning. A minimum-power kame would turn as easily as it does now, while a maximum-power kame would only turn at a fifth of the speed it does now.

- the number of seconds spent charging a beam plus one is how long you have to wait before you can detonate it. Holding a beam doesn't affect this.

Comments?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually kind of like it. It makes sense that with more power it would be more difficult to control it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a good idea as well.
I don't believe it has been suggested before either.
I would like to see this implemented in the game some day. :D

Retired
Best answers
That sounds like a great idea. Makes sense but I see alot of people complaining cause the beams don't turn as fast anymore but a good idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, i like it.

Best answers
Makes perfect sense to me. I think the game should have more emphasis on fighting, and beams being used when you really want to back a whallop. This evens out the beams power nicely....BUT, it greatly decreases the 'action' aspect of beams, meaning I cant charge up some silly beam like Galit Gun to full, and shoot you quickly to do some decent damage. Not to mention Im sure some people would find an odd way around this...but all in all, its a wonderfull idea, although I think beams should be a more outrageous and fantastic event than they are now, so that when you see a beam coming, you know to get out of the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, yeah, I think that could make things interesting. hehe

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Makes sense to me. I'm tired of having people turn 3/4 charged kames 90 degrees in less than a second and detonate them as I come charging towards them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg this is a good idea. I havent heared one of these in along time

Best answers
Does anyone see where Im going with the whole decreased action vibe, though? I mean, I love to see this implemented, but Im waiting for Hibiki or someone to come stomping in and say it wont work, lol. I personally think it would make beams far less used, and the only way I could see to solve that problem would be to make beams so outrageously grand and visually impressive(and slow to charge) that beams would be an absolute danger, and would therefore be hard to control. The fun with beams now is that I can fire one off and hit you in a matter of seconds, which I dont think is too great. Get what Im saying? It would alter the gameplay considerably.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea. :yes:

- I too would like to add to this idea.

* When you charge a fully powered kame, final flash, etc. you are left with little KI left. Well, what I wanted to suggest was that, let's say i'm power-struggling with someone. Kame vs. Final flash, final flash is gonna be stronger than the kame ( we have about the same PL ). So as a desperation move, you take what little KI you have left to boost your beam.

For example: When Goku and Vegeta were power-struggling in the saiyan saga, Goku and Vegeta were about tie while ps'ing. What Goku did was add kaiokan to the attack.

This idea is similar to that, only thing that isn't is the kaiokan part. Just something I thought of while reading this post. :)

-Peace out

Best answers
Yes I say add this to give some punishment to those KHH and FF spammers!!

*cough cough*

nuff o that.Lets just say that Im going to edit this at home

EDIT: MOre like edit 2 days after getting home....lousy memory :(

I'd like to see this idea in since there has to be a price for fully charging a beam.And people will have to adopt new strats to survive,which means....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom