The Obama-briefed-on-classified-intelligence game

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oi...You guys had better be right about Obama...

And...L? Is this roleplay or something?

And seriously, what's with people changing their names and avatars to reflect important political/historical figures?
I had preferred to change my alias to someone recognized of high intelligence and capabilities.
Doing so would psychologically trigger an image in your mind of the well learned person, in this case, L.
Presuming one to be L would grant a greater sense of authority with this persona,
which overall grants me greater freedom to spout nonsense and force those who recognize his persona to take me seriously.

I find it quite silly that I'm being called out for having anything related to an Animé character as my alias;
by one who has a 'Super Saija-jin' version of himself drawn in such the style he has so fitted into his avatar and slander.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I had preferred to change my alias to someone recognized of high intelligence and capabilities.
Doing so would psychologically trigger an image in your mind of the well learned person, in this case, L.
Presuming one to be L would grant a greater sense of authority with this persona,
which overall grants me greater freedom to spout nonsense and force those who recognize his persona to take me seriously.

I find it quite silly that I'm being called out for having anything related to an Animé character as my alias;
by one who has a 'Super Saija-jin' version of himself drawn in such the style he has so fitted into his avatar and slander.
Or it makes you look like a moron, but hey, what do I know. I'm just a retard who thinks you're intelligent.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had preferred to change my alias to someone recognized of high intelligence and capability

I find it quite silly that I'm being called out for having anything related to an Animé character as my alias <-- no need for a semicolon
by one who has a 'Super Saija-jin' version of himself drawn in such the style he has so fitted into his avatar and libel.
There fixed a few things ;) And if you're having fun, who cares?

Anyway, back to the topic. I would ask if I could get my homie 50 cent to be my personal bodyguard.

G
God blesses America, God chose Obama to execute that blessing. Dare you go against the word and decision of God? Just how religious are you, or are you just plain ignorant and arrogant?

All the Christians I know care for other people. They don't know hatred nor grief, they don't categorize certain groups of people, they don't judge people based on their heritage or families, they show respect. Why can't you show respect? Why must you, self-claimed believer in God, be the opposite of these people?
Just FYI, the founding fathers were not Christians, Christianity itself is a foreign religion that has no relation to America.. Oh, and Jesus was black.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Olive-skinned or slightly darker, like other Middle Easterns, not black (assuming he existed).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just FYI, the founding fathers were not Christians, Christianity itself is a foreign religion that has no relation to America.. Oh, and Jesus was black.
They weren't Christians eh? What were they then, do tell...

And to "L", my avatar =/= roleplaying as a character. I'm not pretending to be someone. I'm not judging you, I'm just pointing out something that's not exactly common here.

I myself save roleplay for using my own soundboard, name and spray to play Sarge from Red vs Blue while playing Team Fortress 2.

"You just got Sarged..."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

And to "L", my avatar =/= roleplaying as a character. I'm not pretending to be someone. I'm not judging you, I'm just pointing out something that's not exactly common here.

I myself save roleplay for using my own soundboard, name and spray to play Sarge from Red vs Blue while playing Team Fortress 2.

"You just got Sarged..."

they were a branch from the anglican religion, otherwords, protestant sects

Best answers
My initial post wasn't actually about what religion America falls under. I was merely pointing out that J-Dude (the self-proclaimed awesome-Christian) wasn't showing true Christianity with his hatred and arrogance.

But enough of that! On topic now! I'd ask if they really thought Iraq had WMD and/or if that truly was the reason for the attack.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome Christian? What gave you that impression? I'm a ways away from being in the same county as perfect, pal. I just have likes and dislikes.

And by the way, if you consider "Protestant" as just not being Roman Catholic, then I guess I fall under that myself, because I'm not Catholic. That's still Christian, bub. I don't know your definition, but Catholic and Christian are FAR from being the same thing. As far as I'm concerned, Catholics are opposite of Christians.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with Catholics? I live on Long Island so the majority of the people I know are Catholics, they don't seem any more wrong or less christian than anyone else I've met.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with Catholics? I live on Long Island so the majority of the people I know are Catholics, they don't seem any more wrong or less christian than anyone else I've met.
They tend to be good people, but the Christian belief is that Jesus came and disbanded the idea of a heirarchy or any need for worldly grandeur in the religion. He was expected to be this grand king and he was a humble peasant carpenter. He destroyed the pomp and circumstance and died for the sins of humanity, knowing that we as humans will sin in our lives.

But the Catholic Church brought back that grandios idea, brought popes and cardinals and big tall hats. The Catholic Church went back against the very things Jesus sought tohave us rid ourselves of. And what did they do? Formed the Crusades, killed non-believers. They didn't even allow for the notion of heliocentricity. They were tyrants who did the reverse of what Jesus had wanted, and in his name to boot. That's why I have no respect for religious leaders' positions or for large formal gatherings like churches.

The followers themselves are often fine people, but they're really missing the point in believing in Jesus Christ.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They tend to be good people, but the Christian belief is that Jesus came and disbanded the idea of a heirarchy or any need for worldly grandeur in the religion. He was expected to be this grand king and he was a humble peasant carpenter. He destroyed the pomp and circumstance and died for the sins of humanity, knowing that we as humans will sin in our lives.

But the Catholic Church brought back that grandios idea, brought popes and cardinals and big tall hats. The Catholic Church went back against the very things Jesus sought tohave us rid ourselves of. And what did they do? Formed the Crusades, killed non-believers. They didn't even allow for the notion of heliocentricity. They were tyrants who did the reverse of what Jesus had wanted, and in his name to boot. That's why I have no respect for religious leaders' positions or for large formal gatherings like churches.

The followers themselves are often fine people, but they're really missing the point in believing in Jesus Christ.
I see what you're saying, but I disagree. Having gone to a catholic school for 4 years, they spewed quite a bit of propaganda at me. Christianity has three main denominations or branches - Orthodox, Protestant and, yes, Catholic. All three groups basically believe the same things, but have slightly different views about it. In terms of how belonging to one group or another affects your core beliefs, I don't think it does.

The main thing I take issue with is you claiming that Catholics, the largest denomination under Christianity are the opposite of Christians. In my view, you all have the same core beliefs. To claim otherwise is doing nothing but fooling yourself and, quite frankly, adding to religions already infuriating "holier than thou" attitude.

I will grant you that the Catholic Church has done some horrible things in the past, but to compare that corrupt church to the church of today is silly, they're completely different beasts. I'm all against organized religion, but all three denominations are organized religion.

Just my two cents.

G
They believed in Deism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
Apparently god created us, but doesn't give a damn.

My initial post wasn't actually about what religion America falls under. I was merely pointing out that J-Dude (the self-proclaimed awesome-Christian) wasn't showing true Christianity with his hatred and arrogance.
Also extremely true. The only true American Christian we've seen for the past 100 years I'd say was Dr Martin Luther King JR. American culture simply doesn't teach you to "turn the other speak", and I've never seen any American Christian truly capable of forgiving their enemies other than Doctor King.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, personally I'd ask to see and change the last president's record collection. :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom