The Nintendo Mystery Machine Revaled

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, another portable system.......

I guess there taking the success of the GBA and running with it. I thought they were doing fine. I guess titles like Zelda the wind waker, Metroid Prime, and Viewtiful Joe couldn't save a purple square with funky controllers. On your prediction, I'll buy a ps3 but forget an x-box 2.

Best answers
Wow this is so messed up,what is nintendo doing,what happen to the rumor about nintendo gamesphere,or nintendo doplhin,and what do we get another portabale piece of junk,i mean i like the gba but sony is comoning wit an sony PSP,and well i bet there laughing there asses of now and sitting back not worried about a thing when they found out this news,well i guess gamecube is my last nintendo system,i just have to accept the fact that playstation is in and nintendo is out,.....oh yea and xbox 2 i guess but im sure i will suck. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it wasnt for those retards that dont know difference about games..most people play more actiong games that other genres I loved all the Nintendo series more t han xbox and ps2 I loved the old days when I played Mario World...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys talk like your going to miss it. They're only doing the whole super-portable thing so they don't have to compete but can stay afloat in the easier market without worrying too much about having to compete with two other big guns.

Maybe if the thing didn't suck so much they wouldn't be having such a hard time. They won't go out of business, though, so relax. If anything, the new portable will have annoying sequels to all your favorites (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Barbie Horseback Riding, etc).

Besides. You guys talk like the PS2 and Xbox are the worst things on earth.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
You guys talk like your going to miss it. They're only doing the whole super-portable thing so they don't have to compete but can stay afloat in the easier market without worrying too much about having to compete with two other big guns.

Maybe if the thing didn't suck so much they wouldn't be having such a hard time. They won't go out of business, though, so relax. If anything, the new portable will have annoying sequels to all your favorites (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Barbie Horseback Riding, etc).

Besides. You guys talk like the PS2 and Xbox are the worst things on earth.
unless u heard the words come out my mouth i hate the PS2 or Xbox,dont go around stating that were acting likes its the worst thing on earth,were bascially just dissapointed that there not making a console to put out on market agaisnt the PS3 and Xbox 2,bascially its likes there giving up, we have enough portable devices as it is i play most of my games at home anyway,noone said PS2 was bad buts it almost a clear fact that everyone hates ***box and yea i did say it i hate xbox now u can make a stament on it..jeez everyone is so uptight now days there werent anyone whinning in this discussion and what were u refering too when u said maybe if the thing didnt suck so much whats the thing?!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:smile: Me as well. Besides. GameCube might not be beating PS2 in games sales, but it sure as hell is beating the crap outta Xbox. You can say goodbye to Y-Box, Z Box, T-Box whateva the feck it gonna be called Bigger Blacker n' Greener box, Godzilla 2, but i can tell you now: in 1 years time, people will be buying X-Box's for air-conditioning in the home. Game Cube is in between the console race, and is the King of Games as far as i say since it is the only console that actually bothered to concentrate on Games, and not DVD, hard-drives and that crappy little eye-toy (wth were they thinking). So Long Live Nintendo!!!!! :yes:
/me salutes Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Ness, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wario and Fox Mcloud :smile:

P.S. Saiyan Pride XIX? Didn't you ever bother to read the technical specs of each console which shows GameCube might not be any where near as powerful as Microsoft Xbox, but it is almost twice more powerful than the Sony PlayStation? Besides...... everyone ses that the GameCube has kiddy games: can you define an adult game for me Saiyan Pride? Can you tell me what makes an adult game and NOT an adult rated game?

Best answers
Yea i have to agree wit u guys supershelon and anime legend,nintendo is simply my favorite system out of the two i have,and i think xbox is just a pc without the controll pads,they dont have any good exclusives besides Halo and the soon to come ninja gadien,metroid prime is the halo killer,and i rather play zleda than ninja gaiden myself anyday.

Best answers
It really annoys me when people says all gamecube has is kidding games and that why the xbox and PS2 sales more and ect...well my oppion is the only reason the gamecube didnt sell like the xbox and PS2 did during launch is becauses its lacking the dvd play cability junk,I honestly thinks that PS2 is the best console and my favorite but i love my gamecube as well and when people use the word kiddy games it gets to me,i mean does everygames has to be a damn shooter to be and enjoyable experince?!?and since when did the maturety level of a game matters or not on how much fun it is?!?i personally think that smashbros alone is better than every game on xbox except halo thats all,thatst here life span right there,if it was to go to other consoles,xbox would be finish unless billgates is planning on buying all of them out himself.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Anime Legend said:
buts it almost a clear fact that everyone hates ***box
Heh, I love the Xbox,

I'm actually interested in this system, looks good on my view.

Best answers
I own an XBOX and I don't see why its so bad, the graphics are good, just as good as PS2. It has fun games, it only lacks in the RPG area, where PS2 has the stranglehold. Everyone is saying that Xbox has no good games aside from halo...yet you only say the cube has two good games...anyways that's not the subject, the subject is Nintendos new portable system...to be honest I'm not impressed, I never was too much of a fan of portables. But anyways lets try to stay on topic guys, no need for flaming each other about our favorite systems

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The inevitable console war beckons once again... :eek:
Personally I've dropped out of the whole console war. I've got a GCN and a PS2, and I haven't bought a single game for either in ages. I greatly prefer PC gaming over console gaming. The multiplayer capabilites are much better, I like using a mouse and keyboard rather than a joystick and buttons, and the ability to mod games is great.
The only game system I've kept using is my GBA, so this new system actually sounds a little interesting to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is all my opinion but:

GC has the best multi-player games (that is, multi-controller), and pumps out good quality stuff using old characters on a basis of about every 4 months or something. However they kind of lack in quality diversity of genres and tend to pump out poop on a consistent basis, unless it's something with classic characters... big flaw though: lack of online and DVD like the other guys.

PS2 pumps out the most games... a lot of them suck, but a lot of them are high quality (which is what counts), and they in fact come from every genre except the multi-player (3 or 4 people-wise) genre. You'd think they'd get the hint and have made 4 slots instead of making people waste money on the multi-tap to play so-so multiplayer games... but whatever, that's a side issue. PS2 probobly gets more hit games on a more consistent basis than any of the other consoles. Flaw though: A mere two controller ports. While it can be modified, I think a lot of people are being ripped off with all the expensive modifications that need to be added to a PS2 just to make it on par with the X-box's abilities (multi-tap, hard drive, network adapter...it's like buying another PS2) plus, X-box's online plan> PS2 online by far. Subscribe to FFXI when it's out and you're paying 3 times the amount an X-box live user would pay for playing all the online games he wants. You can't count on EA to make all these games good and free like Socom II. It's graphical capabilities are also technically the worst...

X-Box: Fewest games I'd say. Lesser amount of quality games than either of the system. However, it's powerful. I think it has the best graphics, built in network adapter, 4 controller slots, a built-in practically infinite-space memory card (harddrive). Flaws being: the lack of games, the fact that it's a MONSTER also screws up its portability too.

KyoKusanagi

K
Hitokiri's pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Though i would like to add - what good are graphics when you lack gameplay. For instance, Rise of The Robots for its time was touted as being the most technologically advanced fighting game out on the market with "alleged" cgi graphics - it ended up being one of the worst fighting games ever made. And no one has managed to make a 2D fighter to top the Street Fighter series. I'm an old school gamer by definition in that i've always looked back and thought - gamers were better, games were harder and had more playability.

With this said we shouldn't really be arguing for or against Nintendo, Microsoft of Sony - since these big corporations really don't give a **** about us, they just want our money. It's not like we're major shareholders.

Nintendo's downward spiral perhaps in part was from Nintendo a) continuing with an outdated format - the cartridge for n64 and b) introducing their own storage format for the gamecube. Very few producers wanted to purchase the special developer kits just to make cartridges and mini cds (whatever they are) - and in addition to this the developers were limited to the amount of content they could use. I know it doesn't make much difference but FFX is a HUGE game and there is no way it would fit onto a cart or a mini cd. Also, because Nintendo thinks of themselves as a toy company (this is a quote from Shigeru Miyamoto - if you don't know him and you're an Nintendo fan shame on you) the main gaming demographic are going to find it hard to take them seriously.

The 2 biggest consumers are the 5-12 market and 13-25. The first market is driven by peer pressure. The second is slightly influenced by peer pressure but mainly from their own experiences and own gaming preferences. The latter market is going to find it hard to warrant a purchase of a system where the majority of games for the system are aimed at the first market. Which is what makes the PS2 and Xbox appealing to the older gamers.

Anyways i really should wrap this up by saying no matter which gaming system you prefer or own, you're getting good gaming out of it and you should be thankful you weren't one of those poor *******s who bought a Saturn.

Best answers
OMG teh Sega Saturn :fight:

almost, but not quite as useless as Sega CD

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, let me make one very clear point. This is NOT a console war!

After reading that bit of news, my interest has been peaked a bit. I'd like to see something unique from hand-helds and regular consoles. It's about time we've seen something new in the gaming industry. Besides that, it never once said in that article that Nintendo was never making a console again, it just said that one of their current developments, and I stress ONE of, is a unique portable system.

Best answers
I don't know where any of you got the idea of Nintendo going down, they were beating XBox sales all last Christmas and were just short of PS2 (but who isn't). I picked up a Cube myself and been havin a ball with it, fun stuff. Nintendo isn't even coming close to leaving the console scene, having practicly made it, I don't think they would dissappear so suddenly like Sega did.
Anyway, I did here that the new Nintendo console was to utilize multiprocessor technology (that means more than one... as if you didn't know that).

I wouldn't at all call the GameCube a kiddie console, sure most of it's games are more geared towards youngins but with things like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Soul Calibur, Metroid Prime, I mean come on, I could go on all day of games that don't have a single rainbow/kitten or anything of the like in them at all. Wind Waker was criticized for being cell shaded, and people that rejected to play it even called it kiddish and stupid. Well they can go eat a ****, cause I loved Wind Waker god damnit. Nintendo is no where near being in danger of losing its business, it will always be majorly supported in Japan, and with the humongous sales increase over Christmas, it's surpassed Xbox in sales by far.
SaiyanPride: I know it takes a lot of time out of slaughtering people in Manhunt or Grand Theft Auto to post but you need to realize that some people just like these games, Smash Brothers isn't at all 'kiddie', its a bunch of Nintendo charecters beating the living **** out of eachother. I never liked Pikmin, but I had a friend that did, the little things creeped him out, but he liked it because of the gameplay, not the giant googly eyeballs the things had. Take Mario Party for example, fun game, one of the greatest mini-games i've ever played, and yet its bashed for having Mario in it. As far as I'm concerned people like you labeled everything Nintendo as 'kiddie,' and it dosn't matter if Nintendo throws Mario in GTA5, they will always be the console for little children. Point is, I'm 17, and I like to get away from blowing up Covenant, Policemen, and Terrorists every once in a while and spend some time with my buddy Mario, maybe kick a little Bowser ass. Thats all I got...

Best answers
I have though for some time now that nitendo should do like sega did and just start making games.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abhorsen said:
I have though for some time now that nitendo should do like sega did and just start making games.
Nintendo started out that way, here, I believe. I actually own an Nintendo game for my Atari, Donkey Kong. I know for a fact that it came before the NES. Besides that, it's not like Nintendo came into the console scene amoungst several other giants when NES came out like Genesis did (Genesis came out with Jaguar and Super NES selling reasonably well). IMO, Nintendo has been in the business long enough to know what works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom