The new Majin Buu (Sortof)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic, you rant about this all the time...but I just don't understand how you can get caught in that move so much that you feel it needs to be changed. I mean...the eye lasers are one thing, they reach across the map. This thing is BARELY a teleport's length and eats ki reasonably quickly if you get the guy caught up in the chase.

It doesn't even do that much damage, if you're moving, because it's sporadic.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
BUU HAS NOT CHANGED IN 1.1

i just played nothing has changed with him :S

Best answers
It's mostly the pl he starts with that makes him quite good, he does extra damage and those mouthblasts fill the map. Though I love to fight buu, makes me gain power like hell and going ssj too, couldn't be better.

Best answers
i havent noticed any significant changes with buu in 1.1, although ill still stick to using just krillin in my fights :D

Best answers
Buu is the fastest character in the game, he has 320 speed. But now that i know he gets kills for donut and stuff i think i will try him out lol. I normally use trunks or gohan, but hey... now i got an evil team character =D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
Sonic, you rant about this all the time...but I just don't understand how you can get caught in that move so much that you feel it needs to be changed. I mean...the eye lasers are one thing, they reach across the map. This thing is BARELY a teleport's length and eats ki reasonably quickly if you get the guy caught up in the chase.

It doesn't even do that much damage, if you're moving, because it's sporadic.

But if I hit you into the ground I can do almost double the damage of a 2-3 second eye laser blast, I get 100,000 PL for free, and I get a frag. That isn't cheap at all? With the default settings in 1.1 this gives him a huge advantage, particularly in large rooms where the average PL sits around 1,600,000 for more than half an hour. 100,000 for every other frag, plus the PL you make in the process of damaging someone gives you a huge advantage.

Edit- Also keep in mind that when you have a higher pl than someone else, it takes more of their attacks to kill you, and less of yours to kill them. Also keep in mind that after Buu is transformed he has the most life in the game. Combine those two things together and you have issues.

Best answers
I'm very good with Buu.
And I see that alot of people can't exploit his full advantages.
For example, I see stupid people fly at me with the candy ray attack, without doing any teleporting and techniques.

Buu is very efficient in narrow spaces, if he hits the enemy with melee and the enemy hits the wall or ground without recovering. The enemy is done for.

With Super Buu, his advantages rises even more. Now that he can teleport much more, he can hit people in the air with the candy ray if he hits someone with melee. Get my idea??

Buu is maybe cheap, but it still takes alot of skills and patience to be very effective with him.

Best answers
BUU TAKES FOREVER TO POWERUP THOUGH!!
thats the thing about him! i think hes balanced
you have to be smart about when to transform cause if you do it too early then youll only be ahead of everyone for a lil while then when they pass you it will take forever for you to catch up in power with them. As buu your always under in PL when compared to other players and when you transform your beating them temporarily till they build up enough. I think Buu is pretty even but i think he should have more attacks... Obcourse he will later on though.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's balanced if you keep the defaults settings on so that he loses PL when he dies, but once you turn that off he goes nuts. Think about it...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The name of the game is SKILL. If you are better than who you're playing with, you can own a buu with gohan.

Buu does have advantages in this mod, and even noobs can use them... BUT it takes pure skill to make it "deadly".

Best answers
How can you advocate turning PL loss on with Buu? That's completely destroying his character. He starts off with higher PL, because he has fewer good attacks and he's slow untransed. He needs that advantage. It's infuriating to select Buu then have to change characters because every death loses you 300,000 PL, even if you owned while you were alive. Buu definitely does not go out of control. He can't beam spam like Vegeta or Goku, and doesn't have any disks, so what are you complaining about? If you get owned by his melee, it's your fault. If his higher PL kills you, it's because that's compensating for his lack of attacks and speed. Deal with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really when it comes down to it, ESF doesn't require "skill." ESF is a very easy game to play. Buu on the other hand.. has not changed a bit. The only thing that changed was getting frags for the food ray and there is no more cancel in the food menu. Buu is exactly the same as 1.0, maybe even weaker with all those attacks added to players. The thing you might notice is that Buu obviously has the most PL. ( ESF follows the DBZ storyline, Buu is stronger than anyone. At this point in ESF ) He can have an advantage because of how melee works now.. PL wise. So he has plenty to spare and use against opponents. IMO, buu isn't even all that good anymore. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
But if I hit you into the ground I can do almost double the damage of a 2-3 second eye laser blast, I get 100,000 PL for free, and I get a frag. That isn't cheap at all? With the default settings in 1.1 this gives him a huge advantage, particularly in large rooms where the average PL sits around 1,600,000 for more than half an hour. 100,000 for every other frag, plus the PL you make in the process of damaging someone gives you a huge advantage.

Edit- Also keep in mind that when you have a higher pl than someone else, it takes more of their attacks to kill you, and less of yours to kill them. Also keep in mind that after Buu is transformed he has the most life in the game. Combine those two things together and you have issues.
No offense to anyone, but I haven't met a Buu yet in 1.1 that I didn't annihilate. And I NEVER met one that did this horrendous impeccable candy lasering you speak of.

The bottom line is, if you wasted all your ki and got nailed into the ground...you deserve to die. Otherwise you would have recovered, and tele'd, and in a second you'd be alongside the buu meleeing his big pink play-doh ass before he could even hope to catch you with that beam.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you don't understand, even if you do recover odds are he'll have hit you for at least a full second if he's any good, probably more like 1.5 . At double the damage of piccolo's eye lasers that takes off 40-60 health right there. He doesn't need to do it more than once. If you run out of ki it's over anyway, assuming Buu has gained a little PL since the beginning (all of the attacks start out sucky, take SBC for example, can't even insta gib until Piccolo hits 1 million PL).

And you probably haven't come up against any great Buus because he's underused by the advanced players, who typically use Gohan or Goku, and now occasionally Vegeta. That may change now that they can earn frags for cookies (Yes, that's a big deal.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it really that strong?! it can't be! There is no way it's that strong...I've been hit with that thing for 2/3 of Vegeta's first transformation before and got out with 20 or 30 hp!!

Best answers
You should play against me sometimes, and I'll show you the true power of Buuuuuuuuuu... brag brag brag. :)
If you run out of Ki, while a Buu is on your track. You're dead meat, but we've said that a couple of times now.

Buu and Goku, not to forget Mystic Krillin and Cell is my favorite characters.
I use Buu, when I encounter many of those Block whores and Headon pussies that keeps waiting.

Best answers
The only real problem i have with Buu is that he loses his PL waaay to fast. No matter how many people you kill its pretty hard to get a positive increase in your PL. And because his trans level is so high, its hard to get him high enough to trans now. He is a very advanced character to use, thats why most people don't use him.

Best answers
For the record, Piccolo's eyelasers dont reach across the map, and I'm reasonably sure fingerlaser doesn't either.

Buu seems pretty well balanced to me...he requires a big pl gain to trans, hes a 1 time trans, doesnt gain any attacks when he trans. Transing just gives you a higher pl and more speed, it doesn't make you a WMD with a cape. Actually, I haven't even SEEN a transed Buu in 1.1, EVER. If that isn't testament to the fact that Buu isn't overbalanced I don't know what is.

Best answers
Sonic i some what agree because in melee at least buu is faster than the norm, and does more dmg than the norm, and has a hella lot more life than the norm. Balance? i see none when it comes to melee. Bit like groov said its about skill, who ever is more skilled wins in most cases. I do think buu should be one of the slower characters because of his insane hp and life regen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom