The Man of Steel

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome stuff man, I wish you could give us a bigger/highier res picture though ;3 I want to enjoy this peice of art to the max!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed, its sexy on all sorts of levels =P

I love it man, really great stuff, only thing i can say (may be down to the blurryness of the pic) is the sea looks a tad dark and you're losing the bottom of the feet.

Sexy, none the less.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Explain this please.

I knew it, there's only room for one man of steel on these boards, and that's cold steel ^_^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe that piece is drawn with a pencil by someone who was not shown his work here before.

And I knew he used the poster as a reference, but it's too much of a resemblance.

If possible could you show us some more of your work, or more earlier sketches from this piece ?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He used a reference grid, (put a x by x grid on the poster, x by x grid on the paper - means you can just copy from square to square) which makes it a hell of a lot easier to copy something very accurately, he drew it in charcoal too, and I can vouch for the fact it'd look like that.

Best answers
thanks, david, that's exactly what i did. if you guys don't believe me that i didn't do this, then i don't know what to say to make you guys believe me. it's either you do or you don't. Also, here's my ebony work i did. i never took a finished picture of it. i already turned it into my teacher so yeah. here it is. (btw, it's paris hilton. sorry if it doesn't look like her) if you guys would like to see more, i would be gladly to show some more. thanks again david for vouching for me.

p.s. the only earlier sketch of superman is on the contruction paper. if you can look above you can still see his legs and arms before i colored them in. "/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the thing he wanted to show here is the painting, he mentioned before he used the poster as ref, and painting is impossible to copy perfectly =P

Your latest work is also nice, I'm still trying to figure out the face though, I'll wait for more progress ^_^

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because he hasnt shown anything here before, doesnt mean anything either.....

Looks good though, I never liked working with charcoal when I was in school. (art)
Though scratchboard was my forte.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, david, that's exactly what i did. if you guys don't believe me that i didn't do this, then i don't know what to say to make you guys believe me. it's either you do or you don't. Also, here's my ebony work i did. i never took a finished picture of it. i already turned it into my teacher so yeah. here it is. (btw, it's paris hilton. sorry if it doesn't look like her) if you guys would like to see more, i would be gladly to show some more. thanks again david for vouching for me.

p.s. the only earlier sketch of superman is on the contruction paper. if you can look above you can still see his legs and arms before i colored them in. "/

Alright, I owe you my apologies then. Sorry for not believing you.

Best answers
it's all good. :p oh, super veggetto. the paris hilton is my very first art project for class. it's already been turned in. i don't have a finish picture of it. sorrry. if i get it back, i'll put it up. even though i don't like paris. "/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, david, that's exactly what i did. if you guys don't believe me that i didn't do this, then i don't know what to say to make you guys believe me. it's either you do or you don't.
dont mind them, this forum isnt used to real artists, just the photoshop filterwh*res and mspaint fappers ;)

nice job tho. ive done some of these myself in art class, charcoal is pretty cool stuff and its quick to master, especially when youre already into drawing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom