The Lion king?!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
So the same would go for the doom movie would it not and other movies that were adapted from books and other things? (just using that as a little example).

Movies are for the enjoyment of who may ever want to watch them, I don't see why such things have to be considered. If i made episode 7 and stole something from star trek would you still want to see it?.
Wow. Those are 2 completely different cases. The Doom movie wasnt stolen from whoever made Doom. Its based on a game, and they have all the appropriate licensing that goes along with it. The "creators" of the Lion King stole an entire movie and they got away with it because the original movie wasnt made in America. They didnt buy the story from the creators. Hell, they didnt pay the original creators anything. Thats what makes it wrong.

"lolz. im gonna make a movie, and have a scene from star trek. you dumb lol"

Yeah. Pretend some movie company stole the script from hl/hl2. Then they made the movie (they stole the characters, the locations, the scenes, the guns, vehicles, everything). They release the movie and call it "Life at it's Midpoint". They dont give credit where its do or anything of the sort. They deny that the film is based on anything and say that them movie has been in production since 1940. Not ****ed up right?

Best answers
Imagine the tables turned and someone tries to get rich and get credit by plaging the content from a famous movie made by a rich producer. You think he would get away with it? No. He would get his ass sued off. Because money moves the world and money makes friends.
Why dosent the rich producer get his ass sued off for stealing an idea from a much less rich individual? That would be justice, but it dosent happen.
Another reason I specifically hate disney, apart from all the cheesy dancing, the unecesary endless random singing and the stupid ass ideas they stick into kids heads, is that they are making movies for children and you'd think someone managing movie material for kids would be willing to give some kind of good example. The whole reason disney makes such huge amount of money is because children are less complicated to entertain and easier to manipulate into being materialistic. Kids dont just want to see the movie, they want the doll, the clothes, the courtains, the teddy bear from it as well. It's all just a big fat plot from another bunch of money-sucking leech morons.

Best answers
to be honest it the companies or person(s) own fault if they get ripped off, copyright is there for a reason. If that company who made that first film had copyrights and such they could of sued Disney for likness right ect, its not that had to copyright stuff so anyone who gets ripped or anything = dumbass sorry if this is 2 blunt for ya all

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
to be honest it the companies or person(s) own fault if they get ripped off, copyright is there for a reason. If that company who made that first film had copyrights and such they could of sued Disney for likness right ect, its not that had to copyright stuff so anyone who gets ripped or anything = dumbass sorry if this is 2 blunt for ya all
Apparently you are unaware as to how copyright works. Anything you create, is by princple, copyrighted to you. You don't have to get something "copyrighted". You create it, it's your domain.

Here's a quote I took from a website.
If you create something, and it fits the definition of a creative work, you get to control who can make copies of it and how they make copies, with some important exceptions.

Best answers
the companie released the show in US and other coutrys if they where that bothered about it they would of sued but they dident, so that there just says how they are not bothered of the 2 film being kinda the same. Lion King was a big hit due the fact it was made in the US where Kimba was made in Japan, yes Kimba was a big hit in Japan and from what iv been reading it was a big hit for kids in the US also when released there, so the only difference is that Disney made a bit more money

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
the companie released the show in US and other coutrys if they where that bothered about it they would of sued but they dident, so that there just says how they are not bothered of the 2 film being kinda the same. Lion King was a big hit due the fact it was made in the US where Kimba was made in Japan, yes Kimba was a big hit in Japan and from what iv been reading it was a big hit for kids in the US also when released there, so the only difference is that Disney made a bit more money
Do you know how much time, and money it would take to sue a multi-billion dollar corporation like Disney? Do you know how easy it is to delay the legal process, if you have money, and connections. Ask for a change of venue, BAM, 5 more years of waiting to go to trail. And imagine going through that entire process, only to lose?

Now, you tell me that it's the companies own fault for not suing.

Best answers
Rayna said:
Imagine the tables turned and someone tries to get rich and get credit by plaging the content from a famous movie made by a rich producer. You think he would get away with it? No. He would get his ass sued off. Because money moves the world and money makes friends.
Why dosent the rich producer get his ass sued off for stealing an idea from a much less rich individual? That would be justice, but it dosent happen.
Another reason I specifically hate disney, apart from all the cheesy dancing, the unecesary endless random singing and the stupid ass ideas they stick into kids heads, is that they are making movies for children and you'd think someone managing movie material for kids would be willing to give some kind of good example. The whole reason disney makes such huge amount of money is because children are less complicated to entertain and easier to manipulate into being materialistic. Kids dont just want to see the movie, they want the doll, the clothes, the courtains, the teddy bear from it as well. It's all just a big fat plot from another bunch of money-sucking leech morons.

To you and everyone else complaining about how those movies were being ripped off...

Welcome to Capitalism, your laws mean ****

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Capitalism is an economic system o_O. And they're not our laws. They were made and enforced by our government. We simply obide by them.

Best answers
Thank you captain obvious

Capitalism is the economic system employed by the majority of the world today. Capitalism is by no means a fair system. People get cheated out of their work constantly. Big corporations are good at doing this because capitalism favors large corporations. Do not take it personally when I call laws yours, that's just asenine. My point is that in a capitalist society, laws about copyrights and patents aren't enforced so easily on large corporations. Think before you speak.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Capitalism is an economic system o_O. And they're not our laws. They were made and enforced by our government. We simply obide by them.
I believe he meant by "Welcome to Capitalism, your laws mean ****" that the economic system makes it possible for people to dodge laws by paying a big enough amount of money. I am aware of this and it is basically what I am complaining about.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
Thank you captain obvious

Capitalism is the economic system employed by the majority of the world today. Capitalism is by no means a fair system. People get cheated out of their work constantly. Big corporations are good at doing this because capitalism favors large corporations. Do not take it personally when I call laws yours, that's just asenine. My point is that in a capitalist society, laws about copyrights and patents aren't enforced so easily on large corporations. Think before you speak.
That all depends on the current administration, friend. Why do you think trusts have been outlawed? Did Theodore Roosevelt not punish Big Buisness and try to help the lower classes?

Sure, at this particular point in time the current administration favors big buisiness. Thats obvious. But every time an administration changes, the governments politics change as well.

The reason why the copyrights wasnt enforced was because the original film came from a foreign country. Remember, it was created in the 60's. Very few people outside of Disney actually knew that there was another movie exactly like the Lion King. If the right people had known, obviously something would have been done.

The Corporations dont exactly pay off people either. In this case, Disney could have prolonged the case for so long using legal jargon, that the original creators would have run out of money, and there would have been no point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Lion King was a great movie. On that note, I have no problem accepting that it was blatantly plagiarised. I don't see why people are defending something so obvious. It's not like you're the one being accused of plagiarism.
Sort of what I was saying. I really don´t give two ****s about it being plagiarised, it´s not like it made the movie any less enjoyable about 10 years back.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
"Can you feel the love tonight?". If only I could ;_;.
Your time will come young padawan...

Ow...wrong movie....>.<
Anyway, Lion King is an old classic and still fun to watch...maybe I should try to find it once again. When I was still young, I actually cried when the lion's father died (forgot name of the lion...really need to watch it again.)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MUFASA!! a.k.a. Darth Vader

Best answers
X said:
Sort of what I was saying. I really don´t give two ****s about it being plagiarised, it´s not like it made the movie any less enjoyable about 10 years back.
I don't think many of us denied the movie being enjoyable.
Let's imagine you have a great idea for a movie, a producer takes your idea, copies it exacly and makes of it a enjoyable movie, sits back, gets rich and takes all the credit, you get nothing. But heck, who cares? The movie is enjoyable, right?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it when I was younger.
the musicals keep me from watching it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom