The Lion king?!

Best answers
Sorry i didnt read all the posts and im not a quoter but this is to the 'everything is ripped off everything' line.
It's different to parody or make allusions or watever. But they STOLE complete CONCEPTS from the japanese version and didn't even credit it or ask permission to use the EXACT SAME CONCEPT.
PS. It wasn't a folk tale so it's not public domain. Disney have called it an ORIGINAL Disney feature. Claiming that they made the whole thing up. So if even they don't use the public domain excuse u can't.

Best answers
I really dont like disney movies, but from what i remember 9 years ago when i last watched the lion king it was pretty good.

Oh noes, do i smell a small revolution??? :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, the Lion King was the ****, I'd watch it again in a heartbeat.

And as was said before, Timone and Pumba, those guys sound so wicked with their Belgian accents. :p

Best answers
when u think about it it's just hamlet in a form we could understand

(i dont remember hamlet very well so forgive my squwed interpertation) boys father dies, killed by his uncle. Uncle becomes new ruler, boy avenges his father. ^^ lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I hate Disney, I always did love this film. It was made back before Disney was sickeningly PC.

lol, the usurper gets ruined by the Hyenas.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
PS. It wasn't a folk tale so it's not public domain. Disney have called it an ORIGINAL Disney feature. Claiming that they made the whole thing up. So if even they don't use the public domain excuse u can't.
I could have sworn it was a folktale. Anyways, would any of you have even watched the one it "ripped" off?

Anyways, after reading that whole page about the rip off, it sounds like Disney was indeed going to remake the story, but didn't give credit where credit is due.... So why hate Disney's Lion King? Just hate Disney. >:D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Winnie the Pooh can kick Simba's ass anyday.

Im not a fan of the movie anymore, but I remember liking it a lot when I was younger.

Best answers
Never liked disney, but liked alot this specific movie as a kid. Couldnt get myself to watch it now though. Too bad it's plagerized, just like alot, if not all, of Disney's movies and concepts. The only thing Disney seems to do is having the budget to bring the piece of art to life and taking all the credit for it. Whoever keeps Disney going has aparently no imagination or creativity and can really be considered more of a thief than a artist.

Best answers
i was such a big disney fan as a child...
and the lion king has always been my favourite....

i will even make a disney night with some of my (girl)frineds ;)

LION KING RULEZ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, who the hell cares about plagiarism when watching the Lion King? :/

I love the hyena dudes, the psycho one was great.

Best answers
lol ya he pwned, i dont get why ppl going on about the creation and robbing disney are not the only ones to do it 99.5% of stuff do it now look at all the remake of films and stuff how do some ppl know that they dident ask for likeness right off the person who made that white tiger thiny film?

Best answers
X said:
Seriously, who the hell cares about plagiarism when watching the Lion King? :/
You would care if you had an idea that someone else stole from you, took all the credit for and got rich.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, either way, Scar was a facist.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scar is what made the Lion King kick ass. And Rayna, if I were creative enough to think of a story like this I´m sure I could come up with a second one. >:F

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
Scar is what made the Lion King kick ass. And Rayna, if I were creative enough to think of a story like this I´m sure I could come up with a second one. >:F
Only to then get ripped off again and not be able to do anything about it because you are poor and they are rich :) Think one step ahead. Sure you can create another one. But can you keep it from being stolen from you? Even if it was can you take it back? No, probably not.

Never liked any disney movie in all honesty. I always sought them to be lacking something. I could just never find what. They were always too serious I think. I wanted a cartoon to make me laugh. Which is why I will say this now. Bug Bunny will forever pwn all your asses!

Best answers
Speaking of blatent ripoffs , Kid Buu is OBVIOUSLY a blatent ripoff of the "Ed" Hyena.

Even if the Lion kings storyline was a ripoff , they still did the voice acting , animation , and singing BLOODY well to make it sutch a hit.
I mean , what storyline film doesn't have

Parent killed
Leaves home
Lives rough
Meets old friend
Returns home
Resolution.

It happens in 50% of the films I know...

The point being I still like the movie and that aint changeing.

Lion King is the ****.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, movies borrow ideas. But the Lion King stole entire scenes and every character from that other movie. Thats just ****ed up.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lion King was a great movie. On that note, I have no problem accepting that it was blatantly plagiarised. I don't see why people are defending something so obvious. It's not like you're the one being accused of plagiarism.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Sure, movies borrow ideas. But the Lion King stole entire scenes and every character from that other movie. Thats just ****ed up.
So the same would go for the doom movie would it not and other movies that were adapted from books and other things? (just using that as a little example).

Movies are for the enjoyment of who may ever want to watch them, I don't see why such things have to be considered. If i made episode 7 and stole something from star trek would you still want to see it?.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lion king and toy story own all disney movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom