The Kurt's PHP/MySQL website code

Best answers
we dont take any responsibility for damages to your comp!
This code comes with no license so use, modify, reuse and remodify at your own risk :devsmile:

And to those who really believe the crap: its php it cant damage your comp!

kurt said:
Feel free to take this code, edit it, change it, take credit for writing it, I don't care.

It only works with IPB 2.x forums. Edit dbconn.php and put in your SQL username and password, and the name of the database the forums are installed in. (this assumes your database prefix is "ibf_" ) You might have to edit the bottom of news.php and change the absolute path to your emoticons, otherwise your smilies and stuff won't work in news posts. To make a news post, just create a topic in the appropriate forum that you set below.

The news.php has some variables you can adjust at the top (forum id, posts to show), but that's about it. Most of the site was hard-coded without thought of other people using it. So too bad.

Enjoy~
Kuuuurt
Download Link

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
4 posts, download links, and a warning about downloading it.

/me doesn't dl.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although that code does what it was intended to do, I wouldn't recommend it for usage on anyone's website. Reason: IPB 2.x already has this feature inbuilt. It's like ripping off the door to a car just to replace it with a door made by you that doesn't match the car's actual design.

Let me elaborate, Invision Power Board has a PHP file called ssi.php included with the forum software. This file basically allows you to do the exact same thing the code above offers, but the code is completely syncronized in relation to the actual IPB forum source. The inclusions and SQL queries involved aren't explicit and you do not need to put your database details (db name, user and pass) anywhere in the code, ssi.php will pick this up from your forum itself (conf_global.php). I find it much easier to just use ssi rather than write code to connect to the mySQL database manually and to read the news post details with manual queries. Same thing with statistics and users online, ssi.php does it all for you and it's official IPB code. Why fix it if it's not broken?

Lastly, this belongs in the Miscellanious section. /me moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom