the joy of beams

Best answers
beams, yes beams we all love them then again we all hate em, doesnt it yank your chain when your charging your kamehameha wave in attemts to destroy your foe resulting in a climatic battle of epic proportions, BUT when you let loose your fully charged kamehameha you weep to see what looks to be a brightly coloured peice of string fly out of your hands and swirl about like a laso, yes it has happened to the best of us, why oh why doesnt it get bigger?, you put all this energy into your beam only to get out a a small beam, this defies the laws of DBZ. What i propose (which im sure has been said) is that the longer you charge your beam the bigger it gets, but wait theres more, as the subject beam gets bigger it also becomes slower and less maneuverable. this balences it out alittle, so now you see this huge mother !#$!!$! of a beam comming at ya and its slow moving but boy you better not let it hit ya, because think about it you have all this energy and it make sense that it should be alittle harder to handle, i propose this in all instances of beams charging including ps and bs etc, there are still some horrible bugs when it comes to beams but id just thought id start at the bottom,

feed back, yes please

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh wait. ur suggesting that the longer we hold the beams down the more bigger they get? isnt that what we have right now..........

Best answers
if i wasnt clear, i would like to see the beams get bigger as in width, some what fatter, there is little to no change in that aspect currently, its hardly noticable, i want something that looks good, i think the cell vs ssj2 gohan is a good example, perhaps not that epic tho, i think you get the point

Best answers
ehhh....some coding and that would do,but the sprites will look horrendous if they've been strecthed too much :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beams in esf just are not ment to do that

they arnt ment to be a huge ray of doom because that would make the beams super cheap to use if u could whipe out the whole map with one ray beam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he mean in just size, not power.. i agree, the beam trail and head should grow in size as more ki is being pumped into it.. of course there should be a limit.

Best answers
thank you phatslugger, i didnt meantion anything about power, besides a fully charged kamehameha does make a big ass expolsion. so yeah, id just like to see alittle more thought put into beams, being there are so many of them, like if it were like this you certainly would know when a fully charged kamehameha wave was comming at you, because its size and speed would reflect its power, unlike now

Best answers
once you release the beam, you should be able to always push more ki into it too couldnt you? kind of like it is with a PS, but also when the beam is out freeflying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
killjoy said:
thank you phatslugger, i didnt meantion anything about power, besides a fully charged kamehameha does make a big ass expolsion. so yeah, id just like to see alittle more thought put into beams, being there are so many of them, like if it were like this you certainly would know when a fully charged kamehameha wave was comming at you, because its size and speed would reflect its power, unlike now

i dont beleave i said a single word about power

biger beams = easyer to hit with

easyer to hit with = cheaper beams

cheaper beams = no one happy

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but he did say, the bigger the beam the slower and less manueverable it wud be, i think its a great idea......... much more dbz-ish

Best answers
Hibiki said:
i dont beleave i said a single word about power

biger beams = easyer to hit with

easyer to hit with = cheaper beams

cheaper beams = no one happy
Sounds like you mostly play the game for the melee fighting and not the beams...

Yes I like this idea. I mean thats the whole reason anyone play a DBZ game is because they hope they can do something cool and awe inspiriing. To be honest with you I wouldn't play this game for only the melee fighting, hell I got plenty of fighting games on my PS2 to do that...

Best answers
they arnt ment to be a huge ray of doom because that would make the beams super cheap to use if u could whipe out the whole map with one ray beam

hmmm strange being you werent refering to the power of beams, cos im pretty sure i didnt say i wanted beams to get stronger much less turn into a big ray of doom that wipe out the whole map. so being now that most beams dont wipe out the map, and i dont want to change there power how could what you say make sense?, and before you say anything no i dont want to get the beams so big that they are the size of the screen or anything like that, possibly 1.5-3 times bigger than they are now could be there most max size

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
killjoy said:
i think the cell vs ssj2 gohan is a good example

the beams are already strong there for making them bigger makes them stronger

Best answers
i see the logic in that, bah! in no way does changing size make it stronger,lol i mean come on im thinking that the max size would be maybe the same size as the character like the beam is comming from his whole body, that would not make it "stronger" i mean you cant even use that word for this, if your thinking that by making the beam bigger you would some how increase its "Strength" no it wont, lets rule out "stronger" and "strength" size im talking SIZE and not overly dramitic size just alittle representation of the power you put in, and if your thinking that making it alittle bigger that you would increase your impact and blast radius, no scotty no, just the beam size, and it would bearly effect your chances of hitting your targets, and even if it did, i said that the more power you put in the bigger it gets but also the slower it gets and less manuverable, thus balencing it out, but that wouldnt, dont take it to the extreme jezz....

Best answers
I like this idea, indeed its kinda strange to see that you putted al of your ki into a beam, and its still so very thin O_O !

But not so big as ur body, maybe double the size now and make the head bigger aswel, but no more then that otherwise would prob be a fps killer and not so good to look at if its ur body size, i donno just wouldnt like that.

Best answers
I really like the idea too..
Right now when Goku shoots a beam at you, there often is no way to tell if its a generic beam, or a big ass Kamehameha..

I think Beams should be bigger too, and bigger doesn't mean more powerfull Hibiki, just more difficult to avoid. But how is that different from the show? And if this bigger beam would be less manueverable i don't see the problem.
And even if the beam is 3x the size it is now, that would just mean you'd have to teleport 1 more time than normal to get out of its way.

Right now a PS or a BS doesn't really look like all that. Imagine having to BS a beam 2x your size.. that would be like in the show and really sweet.. :D

(Actually i don't know where people get the idea from that every beam should be nice and straight and controlable.. ALOT of beams on the show aren't controlable, and their outlines are very rough instead of a nice smooth beam.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom