The installer doens't work...

Best answers
well, the topic name says it, the installer of esf1.1 doens't work, it crashes immediatly as i start it...and no it's not missing pieces, cause i dl'd it 3 times over from different sites, but the result is the same...someone plz help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only advice is to try installing the beta 1.1 patch instead of the full installer, you'll need to install 1.0 first.

Best answers
thx, for the tip m8, im going to try if it workz...

Best answers
damn...those freeze/crash too :S WTF is going on :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure you installed the patch correctly btw you can try downloading 1.1 check other mirrors cuz when I formated comp I downloaded from a mirror that worked.Try all of em or the ones that are more friendly to games.Another thing don't couble post mods don't like it when people double post.

Use the

Best answers
look vegetto, i can't even install it, because the installer is what freezes/crashes...last night i got the esf1.0 installer working, but the patch crashes....what to do :S:(

edit1: i personally think that it freezes because the ''Wise Installer'' doens't work on my comp. for some reason, the esf 1.0 installer was from a different installer, and it worked fine...mayB i'm missing a dll or something like that, i cleaned my registry and it didn't help....anyone tips ?

Best answers
the same thing happens to me...

Windows XP Pro
1700+xp
40 + 120 gig HD
640 meg DDR ram

installer doesnt have any of it crashes when it opens up...

is it possible to get it zipped then just put it into the hl folder?

because ur installer hates my pc...

TheRook

Xer

Best answers
It crashes on my comp too but I found that if you disable the mp3 pack instalation it works just fine. Could you please say exactly in which part of the instalation it crashes?

Best answers
it crashes at the point where it says checking for installed components... (i have tried 3-4 downloads of the whole install...)
ive also tried patching the previous versions but it wont have it!

Xer

Best answers
That's wierd, do you have the latest version of Half Life? There might be some problem when the wizard is searching for that or... something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom