THE HORRIBLE CHOICE

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If every single video game was getting destroyed but you got to keep one which game would it be?

My choice is Skyrim. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The sheer notion that I would have to chose just one game from my library just terrifies me.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got to go with good old Civilization 2.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dat awkward moment when you don't have a MOST favorite game

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmm.

Probably TF2, assuming all F2P games were also destroyed. If I could keep playing TF2, (I know, I bought the game before it was F2P, so we're gonna get into some muddy water here...) then I'd choose Civilisation IV. Good game. :laff:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unity of Command, probably.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cant decide ,neither crisis core final fantasy 7 or final fantasy X

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played PG, but it looks almost exactly the same, but older. UoC is certainly worth buying, though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-com: UFO defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown

When you are doomed to play the same game over and over, make it a game that plays differently each time.

Best answers
I haven't played PG, but it looks almost exactly the same, but older. UoC is certainly worth buying, though.
I got the demo and just played the tutorial, half a scenario and skimmed through the manual. I will be playing a bit more later this week, but so far I like PG more. PG just seems to have more depth, except for the supply lines stuff, which might get interesting. Things I dislike compared to PG (but keep in mind this is only at first glance):
- Basically you only have two types of units in UoC: infantry and tanks (in PG you have AA, artillery, recon, fighter planes, bombers (tactical & strategic), tanks, anti-tank, infantry, subs, destroyers, aircraft carriers, ...). I especially miss my planes and arty.
- Terrain seems to play less of a role, although some types of terrain favor the defender. In PG your infantry reigns supreme in e.g. cities, forest, hilly terrain, while tanks reign in open spaces. Therefore you have to really look at moving your units around in such a way as to optimize their deployment (e.g. move your tanks in front of the infantry in open terrain, have your infantry clear any forests you have to cross first, ..).
- There seems to be less depth in attacking and defending. In PG AA and arty gives automatic cover to any unit in front/above it that gets attacked, anti-tank is better at defending than attacking.
- UoC seems to be about keeping your supply lines intact and encircling enemy units, while PG seems to be more about combining your forces in exactly the right manner, for example crossing open terrain with infantry behind your tanks, then position your infantry in front of an enemy city, while your arty gets positioned nearby to provide cover, and your tanks circle around the city to take out enemy AA and/or arty. In the next turn you then first weaken enemy entrenchment with arty and perhaps some strategic bombing and then attack the city, while you tanks move on to the next target.
- PG seems to be more fast-paced, but perhaps that's just the era they've chosen (early WW2 blitzkrieg vs mid WW2)

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
DiRT 3 or something silly like Neighbours from Hell series lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I don't blame you if you can't find a game but yeah its a hard choice.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
World of Warcraft?!

HELL NO!

Final Fantasy VII or X. If I had to choose between them I would go for FFVII!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If mods are available, then Jedi Academy, I guess. It's pretty much the only game I play.

Best answers
Oregon Trail, hands down. Best survival game ever

Honestly, I'd go with WoW. Trust me when I say I'm very ashamed of this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom