The Grudge, review.

Best answers
The grudge, just got back from watching that movie. Great movie. One of the few movies that actually made me jump a few times. The storyline, was good but could use some tweeks but, they worked on making it scarier than usual, which is good. :yes: :yes:

Best answers
From the story, its the same thing as the ring. Girl suffers from an extremely bad experience, and anyone that "sees" her (in this case, in the ring its anybody who sees the video tape) can never escape blah blah blah. Its even made by the same people who made the ring, if Im not mistaken. I might go see it, but I think I'll just be seeing another version of the ring, which isnt worth 10 dollars. Especially since Ive been seeing ads for the ring 2.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soulicro said:
From the story, its the same thing as the ring. Girl suffers from an extremely bad experience, and anyone that "sees" her (in this case, in the ring its anybody who sees the video tape) can never escape blah blah blah. Its even made by the same people who made the ring, if Im not mistaken. I might go see it, but I think I'll just be seeing another version of the ring, which isnt worth 10 dollars. Especially since Ive been seeing ads for the ring 2.
I don't think it's made by the same people as The Ring. But it's japanese original, Ju-On, was made by the same people that made the original Japanese, Ringu.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no option for haven't seen it and don't want to see it. Thats my view anyway.

Best answers
Don't really care for the movie should be an option. Oh wait, how about 'overly-played out scenarios'. That fits better :p

J/p btw for anyone serious on actually stating an arguement.

That is the legal issue you agree to if you reply to my statement.

Best answers
i thought it was a good movie.. though you didn't know the plot until like the end.. but the scary movie got me scared and it achieved it's goal... so it's a good movie in that sense..

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw it last night at the late show. The girl I went with screamed alot, it was hilarious. Infact, every girl screamed. I jumped a bit, mostly when the hand bangs on the ground quickly.

I think alot was cut, it is only PG-13, where the original is R. I'd like to see a directors cut...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God i hated it. I thought it was more funny then scarey.. Man did i laugh at the guy who commited suicide, and even how he was positioned was funny. I mean if an olympic gymnast was going to commite suicide in that way. That's how they would do it.

Also the Elevator part, oh man i fell out of my seat laughing soo hard. **[spoiler ahead]** The woman was going up on an elevator, and part of it was glass so you could see the hall way, and the kid was there on the first floor. (this is going up quite fast btw) and i jumped, cuz you know you didn't expect the kid to be there, then the next floor there he was again, and i grinned, then the next floor he was there and i started laughing then he got closer and closer each floor up. by then i was laughing so hard i couldn't breath.

Also the movie sucked cuz it made no sense. I thought "Oh so it is one of those 'make-you-think movies" So i tried to figure out what was going on. I thought it would be like the sixth sense where everything is revealed at the end... SPOILER!!!!!!!!--> The girl gets killed and then credits?!?!?! nothing was explained. i mean it was but there are so many holes in it. It was just... wtf....The kid acted like a cat... oh so scarey i have 2 cats... now im terrified.

I will admit though. walking home from the movies, i kept wanting to look behind me.

Also the girl "talked" all she did was seperate the vibrations in her voice. anyone can do that, it's not scarey. When people talk the vibrations are so fast, that it seems fluid. I foudn that increasingly stupid.

Best answers
well... there was no swearing.. blood was limited... not alot of gore.. maybe different rating system was used for japanese version..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was rated PG-13

They gave it a proper rating for it. I have seen movies rated PG scarier then this movie.

Like Poltergeist for one, but that's going offtopic.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jumin said:
well... there was no swearing.. blood was limited... not alot of gore.. maybe different rating system was used for japanese version..
Yes, but it was disturbing, which is what gave the jap one the rating of R. SPOILER:

I mean, clipped off jaws, blood bathtubs, kids drowning, man hung, etc. It was very disturbing in a way.

*EDIT* I never said this version should be R, I just said the original is R, and the movie is so choppy, it seems liek bits were cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom