🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Ah, I see. XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say though, Jinx did a fair job as well.

Seriously, search4yourselfz.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt living in his grandma's basement makes way too much sense.

As for Jinx, he wasn't as big a troll as Hal. Story. Only Zeonix has come close to his level at all, and he's not even a proper troll. Thats the best part about the best trolls though, you begrudgingly like them, and Lid was the god of them all.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers

As for Jinx, he wasn't as big a troll as Hal. Story. Only Zeonix has come close to his level at all, and he's not even a proper troll. Thats the best part about the best trolls though, you begrudgingly like them, and Lid was the god of them all.
No way, how could you possibly forget FM! Hahah!
Anywho, the good ol' days huh? Yes sir I remember those days.
ESF Alpha 1.8, ahhh yea that was the good stuff.
Seriously though, If you dont know the supersecretcodetobecell then you missed the good ol' days.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.FM. Was the original troll, banned for shear weight of offenses. I know he's still here, under a different name somewhere.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea I'm not joking, sadly. I was 16 at the time and me and kurt we're really cool with each other (I still like the guy, but haven't talked to him in ages) he went thru the stereotypical nerd early 20's phase. The weird basement-dweller.

However last I heard he moved from Rhode Island to California and worked for wegame. Coedman moved form Australia to Cali as well, if I recall correctly.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coedman was only here for a while, then he went back to Australia.

Kurt either quit or got fired from WG, but I dunno where he's located now.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.FM. Was the original troll, banned for shear weight of offenses. I know he's still here, under a different name somewhere.
Doesn't FM hold the record for being banned the most number of times? And speaking of notoriety, I remember some guy called "Devil" (or something along those lines) who used to go around crashing ESF servers all the time in version 1.1.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Doesn't FM hold the record for being banned the most number of times? And speaking of notoriety, I remember some guy called "Devil" (or something along those lines) who used to go around crashing ESF servers all the time in version 1.1.
Yea I think FM has the record for regular bans and "permanent" bans. I'll need Cuc to verify but I think FM was nearing double digit "permanent" bans.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yea I think FM has the record for regular bans and "permanent" bans. I'll need Cuc to verify but I think FM was nearing double digit "permanent" bans.
Kinda makes ya wonder.... how did he get multiple permanent bans?
Unless he sexed his way back in somehow?

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand why Hal is considered a troll. I consider him someone who cared deeply about the mod and tried his best to help it in his own way.

Devil would be my choice, although even then I'm not sure. According to Evil Chimp (who could very well have been ******* with me), Devil had some terminal disease which is one of the reasons he crashed servers non stop. He passed away.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Devil would be my choice, although even then I'm not sure. According to Evil Chimp (who could very well have been ******* with me), Devil had some terminal disease which is one of the reasons he crashed servers non stop. He passed away.
So Jesus crashed Devil's server, eh?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hal did care deeply for the mod I will give him that, but he was also certain that he was entitled to the version of ESF he had in his head, to that end he made himself a constant pest. Devil was a severe pain in my ass, I don't care what his reasons are. Now instead of using his time well, he's remembered as an *******.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you share some backstory here? I've always been under the impression that Hal helped keep simple melee in 1.2.3 and provided some much needed resistance to the whole "Let's turn ESF into a pretty DDR simulation!" thing.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hal had diahrreah of the mouth. Its one thing to be against exactly what you just said, its another to be rude about presenting those opinions consistently, that and he'd lead a yearly **** on the forum administration parade. Something you and Zeo remind me very much of, but I like you and Zeo alot more than I liked Halorin and G-Man. He had zero respect for anything that wasn't Halorin, and started tons of fights with the Dev team and the Forum Staff. Halorin was also quite the troll, constantly starting fights with forum users. I'm not going to lie, some of Hal's ideas were good, and he made controbutions to the game, but he was also indignant when he wasn't made lead developer for making those controbutions.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I asked Lid to come back on msn once.

He seemed disinterested. :(

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hal had diahrreah of the mouth. Its one thing to be against exactly what you just said, its another to be rude about presenting those opinions consistently, that and he'd lead a yearly **** on the forum administration parade. Something you and Zeo remind me very much of, but I like you and Zeo alot more than I liked Halorin and G-Man. He had zero respect for anything that wasn't Halorin, and started tons of fights with the Dev team and the Forum Staff. Halorin was also quite the troll, constantly starting fights with forum users. I'm not going to lie, some of Hal's ideas were good, and he made controbutions to the game, but he was also indignant when he wasn't made lead developer for making those controbutions.
Yea Hal instigated a lot of stuff, but Hibiki would troll him back and then started using mod action on him after goading him into things.

I have fun memories testing 1.2 with Hal, he had to work during tester meetings so we would have test servers in the evening. I remember Joe coming into our server, Hal trying to talk him down from delving too deep into the advanced melee, Joe getting offended, and then about 45 minutes of arguing. It was just two of the same hotheaded people in one server, and the adv melee was Joe's baby so he was huffing and puffing at Hal for a bit as well.

Now the hilarious thing is, most of Hal's suggestions to Joe were pretty much what the 1.3 melee videos show. (minus the super duper special moves or whatever those are)

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I don't think I've heard of half the trolls listed here. :S

Also, what happened to Pain? I know there was some talk of mod power abuse but I think he was still a mod when I was last regularly active. Also anyone know what happened to Dust and Skiwan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom