The Good Ol' Days.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea Hal instigated a lot of stuff, but Hibiki would troll him back and then started using mod action on him after goading him into things.

I have fun memories testing 1.2 with Hal, he had to work during tester meetings so we would have test servers in the evening. I remember Joe coming into our server, Hal trying to talk him down from delving too deep into the advanced melee, Joe getting offended, and then about 45 minutes of arguing. It was just two of the same hotheaded people in one server, and the adv melee was Joe's baby so he was huffing and puffing at Hal for a bit as well.

Now the hilarious thing is, most of Hal's suggestions to Joe were pretty much what the 1.3 melee videos show. (minus the super duper special moves or whatever those are)
None of that excuses Halorin's piss poor attitude. I will agree that Hib made it worse. As for the Pain question. Pain and Eon had some kind of agrument and Pain was pissed that I didn't fire Eon. He made an ultimatum, fire him or I quit. I don't do Ultimatums. Pain has a different view of events, but I'm not sure what he saw differently other than raw favortism. Favortism that does not exist as the currently fired Eon can attest.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
you remember back when i told greg to go **** himself?

hahaha... i love when someone feels that just because they own what is essentially a bunch of numbers in cyberspace, they feel they're better than you.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, I was always banging heads with Greg. He was an administrative troll. VT had class.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i think a lot of your head butting with Greg was down to me, my apologies and gratitude :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Oh yeah, I was always banging heads with Greg. He was an administrative troll. VT had class.
Ok that phrase alone is hilarious, and true.

Too many times there would be this whole fiasco:
Log onto the forum
See a few mods + a bunch of forum regs banned out of the blue
check the mod section
click new thread made by greg

The thread would usually be greg yelling "WHO IS THIS GUY HE MADE ME MAD SO I JUST BANNED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE." The mods and I would be too scared to disagree most of the time, so we'd just let him do his thing while Cuc and Deverz would scramble around trying to find out what Greg did and talk him down from it.

This was like a monthly thing when Greg was the webmaster. The only times we'd ever see Greg post was after he just went on a rhee spree.

*Edit-
Now the funny thing about Pain is, I vouched for him to get hired as a mod, and then I later lobbied the dev team ****ing HARD during the meeting to get him in as the PR guy. Then he bans 90% of the forum and started to hate me because I undid one of his bans or something. Last time I talked with Pain we were all cool but if I remember our last few conversations in his mind he's still some flawless gooch.

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I know this all too well, I was temp banned on several occasions by Greg for no particular reason. I just figured he didn't like me.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I know this all too well, I was temp banned on several occasions by Greg for no particular reason. I just figured he didn't like me.

If you weren't blowing him and telling him how awesome he and his [horrible] webhosting company was, he didn't like you.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't Greg run into some trouble with the law due to some shady business practices with Oktagon?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno. The last time i saw Greg was when he was talking about taking Kurt to court.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Dunno. The last time i saw Greg was when he was talking about taking Kurt to court.
ROFL

yea talking about legal action against kurt was as far as Greg got in that. For the most part he was huffing and puffing and ended up doing what he did best...nothing!

Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Heres a little something something from the past.
Does anyone else remember these folks?

esfgroup.jpg

I'd like to see something like this again, updated with the current forum junkies.
Someone bust out the photoshop talent!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

View attachment 1304

I'd like to see something like this again, updated with the current forum junkies.
We need an artist to draw it like that! Photoshop would be easy for me to color with.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers

View attachment 1304

so in other words.. we need another pic thats bigger.. to fit the other users?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No he means a picture with the same idea behind it, just that it represents the people who frequently visit the forums these days ^^

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hehe, I remember in 2005 there was a "members" pic as well.. We should totally do one again!

::Found it::

2005membersED.jpg

Last edited:
Validated Steam Engine
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Heh, some of the names in that pic, brings back memories. :p

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
**** yeah. Red dragon.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of those members disappeared or renamed. I miss Hamppu. The fun we had at Evossj4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom