The Giving Season

Best answers
So, I just donated a pint of my blood to the Red Cross. It took about a half-hour and included saying that I don't have AIDs like ten times. It was worth it though, the process of the blood being pushed out takes around 10 minutes. Can't help it though, you do get that feeling like you did something good. Also gave a bag-full of food to one of our school's programs to help the needy.
All in all, today was a good experiance for me, I recommend everyone donate blood, there is a good sense of 'Hey, I did something good,' afterwards. I also decided I was gonna try to be an aid or a food server the next time the Red Cross comes.
'Tis the season, after all, best time to donate blood and your things is now, I recommend everyone do it sometime, it can help save lives.

Best answers
'Tis the season, Childen need video games.

That isnt ment to sound sarcastic btw.

Nor is that, Damnit, I've become so sarcastic I cant even read back my word's with out them sounding (sarcastic) Damn it.

Anyway, Give of your deep pockets fellow men(And women of course), for Child's Play needs us.

* Reaches into his deep pockets.*

Nooooo!, too deeeeeee...eee.....pp...

* Is in his pockets, never to escape. *

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Twice week I go to donate blood plasma. I believe they take nearly a pint out. But since they take it out, put it through a centrifuge to seperate the contents, then return everything else but the plasma, you are able to donate much more often than if you've given whole blood. It's nice knowing that something you do can greatly benefit another person.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
So, I just donated a pint of my blood to the Red Cross. It took about a half-hour and included saying that I don't have AIDs like ten times. It was worth it though, the process of the blood being pushed out takes around 10 minutes. Can't help it though, you do get that feeling like you did something good. Also gave a bag-full of food to one of our school's programs to help the needy.
All in all, today was a good experiance for me, I recommend everyone donate blood, there is a good sense of 'Hey, I did something good,' afterwards. I also decided I was gonna try to be an aid or a food server the next time the Red Cross comes.
'Tis the season, after all, best time to donate blood and your things is now, I recommend everyone do it sometime, it can help save lives.
I was going to donate blood last year, myself, but it turns out you needed to be 17 for that, and I was still 16 at the time. The next time the Red Cross calls my buddy for a blood drive, though, I figure to have him tell me so I can tag along.

'T was awfully generous of you to do that, though, Tass - it's good to know that there's the sense of generosity on these boards =]

Best answers
Deman said:
Twice week I go to donate blood plasma. I believe they take nearly a pint out. But since they take it out, put it through a centrifuge to seperate the contents, then return everything else but the plasma, you are able to donate much more often than if you've given whole blood. It's nice knowing that something you do can greatly benefit another person.

LIES...you do it for the beer money and you know it

Giving blood is good, and fun for me too, I remember in high school there was a blood drive and the nurses were impressed with how fast I bled. That makes me cool.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
I remember in high school there was a blood drive and the nurses were impressed with how fast I bled. That makes me cool.
No... that makes you a slight hemophiliac.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I was going to give some blood..but they won't let me becaus eI Was in England within the past 15 years -_-

Best answers
OMG Magus has mad cow disease

And no it doesn't make me a slight hemophiliac, it just means my blood pumps well. I felt absolutely fine afterwards too, while others stumbled about and fainted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
And no it doesn't make me a slight hemophiliac, it just means my blood pumps well. I felt absolutely fine afterwards too, while others stumbled about and fainted.
its call high blood pressure

Best answers
actually it is not necessarily high blood pressure

but this thread isnt about blood pressure now is it

My family used to go caroling with friends during the holidays, but we moved from that area. I do, however always put money into the red cans at Wallmart and other various places every time I see them, and that always makes me feel better.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Leave Brim alone, the nurses like him and thats all that matters ;)

I've never seen any blood drives or anyway in Australia, I've had my blood tested and the needle wasn't too bad, the sensation of seeing your blood pouring into a tube from a needle is somewhat nauseating. I don't know if I could have a pint taken out (I'm not sure how much a pint is in litres, but it sounds like a lot...)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Leave Brim alone, the nurses like him and thats all that matters ;)

I've never seen any blood drives or anyway in Australia, I've had my blood tested and the needle wasn't too bad, the sensation of seeing your blood pouring into a tube from a needle is somewhat nauseating. I don't know if I could have a pint taken out (I'm not sure how much a pint is in litres, but it sounds like a lot...)
About half a litre.

I've given blood before, feels good at the end of the day to know you're making a difference how ever small it is, you could save someone's life.

Best answers
Im sure its for the good of other people. but i dont like giving blood.. >_<.
Its not cuz other people will have my blood or anything like that. its just that i cant take it. I cant even fill a tiny vial without my whole body going numb. If i fill an entire "pint" then i'll faint or something. Also seeing blood in real life freaks me out like you would'nt belive.

Face it, im a pussy >_<

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Giving blood is awesome. I can squeeze out a pint in just under 4 minutes (which shocks the people who work there), and the headrush after is fun, especially when you're driving home.

I've been giving blood since I was 17. :)

Bolteh2

B
it's my blood, nobody will get it, unless it's someone close to me and really needs it.. but i'll never give blood for no reason so some guy could live >_<

+ i have a very common bloodtype (O+) so 1 less doesn't really matter..

Best answers
Kurt said:
Giving blood is awesome. I can squeeze out a pint in just under 4 minutes (which shocks the people who work there), and the headrush after is fun, especially when you're driving home.

I've been giving blood since I was 17. :)
Oh man, you won't believe this. My biology teacher... he's really weird, anyway, when I was there, he and his buddy decided to engage in a contest: who can get the blood out the fastest. My biology teacher got a PINT out in a MINUTE. Yeah, I wish I was joking, the whole time he squeezed the stress ball like no other, it was so nasty.

I saw someone faint too, it was kind of funny. I'mma get my donar's card in a couple days. Should be cool.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
I was going to give some blood..but they won't let me becaus eI Was in England within the past 15 years -_-
Pif. It's because of all the mansechs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom