The forum fight club HQ

Best answers
Give it a try. You will get better the more you fight, so there is really only one way to go : up

Best answers
ok i looked around and i didnt see this one... what about fusion? (for those with DBZ chars) i mean how is that determained?

oh yea and are the rep points given out by ones or tens?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fusion would be available in a tag team match I suppose . . . but there aren't hard rules on that subject.

The rep you give is determined by a number of factors:

Post Count
Usergroup

etc, etc

Best answers
ahh kool kool.. oh yea... we need a ref in the challenge anyone thread ;)

Best answers
I just want to make shour I got this rule right(so i dont screw up really bad during a match). after the first round u choose the winner and we play of his/her story right?

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Golden Dragoon said:
I just want to make shour I got this rule right(so i dont screw up really bad during a match). after the first round u choose the winner and we play of his/her story right?
Sort of...

Here is an example:

- Someone makes a challange thread
- someone accepts the challange
- then an official or trainee ref says he'd like to ref your match. This means he decides who wins each round
- After round one the ref decides who won. Whoever the winner is posts first in the next round, and they use his story.

This would count for a 3rd round to. Always use the story of the person who won the round., just remember that.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Posting order is not important, even the looser of a round may post first in the next, so long as that person uses the previous round's winner's story/events.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apologies for sounding like an utter n00b (which I am when it comes to FC) but what's stopping you (or me) from writing an unbeatable character bio, like making my character 1/4 God, 1/4 President, 1/4 Saiyan, 1/4 Admin with a hundred universe-shattering attacks or something?

Secondly, do the magnitude of the attacks (of both contenders written in the same post) need to be of similar strength? Can I write (theoretically) that I hit my opponent in the neck with an energy-infused punch that sends them into a supernova that collapses and explodes with the power of a million nukes etc...only to be hit back with a slap? I wouldn't do it, it wouldn't make for good writing, but is it allowed?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you describe is what we have termed "one sided posts", if you write in a paraphrase of the Cell Games as your two attacks, and your opponent only gets a shin kick in, you are almost garaunteed to lose that round. Futher, an unbeatable bio can always be trumped with good writing, look at Engar and Hwoarang, for instance. Neither of them are fallen elder gods, half celestial beings, or ancient horrors . . . but they manage to keep in the game with excellent writing and smooth combat flow. As another example, Cucumba is arguably the most abuseable bio in the fight club, but it's not why I win my fights. A few people have set up there characters to be move theives, and intend to use all my attacks against me or copy them for future victories.

In fact, I could beat them with toothpicks and a pair of dirty gym socks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, in a way that's sort of what I wanted to hear, thanks Cuc :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No problem, let me know if I can clarify it further for you, or if you have other questions.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Futher, an unbeatable bio can always be trumped with good writing, look at Engar and Hwoarang, for instance. Neither of them are fallen elder gods, half celestial beings, or ancient horrors . . . but they manage to keep in the game with excellent writing and smooth combat flow.
I think I'm going to cry.... :cry:

Wait... THERE IS NO CRYING IN FIGHT CLUB :O!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abilities: All jutsus, taijutsus, jinjjutsus and ninjutus in existence.
Abilities: He knows EVERY wrestling move in existence, including ALL signature moves and knows EVERY jitsu in existence, including bloodline stuff
I am the mystery fighter.Of all styles , karate to tango and everything. No one can defeat me.hehehehehe...
Sorry to bring it up again, but i'm a bit confused and I want to get it straight before I write my own bio, with the above quotes (from random bio's), you give yourself the ability to write your way around any attack which gives you nothing for your opponent to work on. How then could they write their own attacks against such an absolute defence? This is my last question before I jump headfirst into FightClub with teeth bared.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having a character who knows all martial arts, and being able to write effectively with those moves are different things. The way I personally look at is, "Hey, that's even more material for me to work with!"

Three fighters in particular have copycat abilities, one of them hopes to steal a move from me, however, he will walk away disapointed because of clever writing on my part. Another has already stolen all of my moves, and intends to use them against me, and again for him I must use clever writing to win. I don't anticipate problems though, these people assume that a ultra powerful bio automatically means an ultra powerful FC character. In truth, the abilities of the FC characters are limited by the vivid imaginations of the fighters. With those two characters, as long as you can describe a better fight with the same abilities, then you've won. In one of my better fights, I wrote in the defeat of my character . . . but I still won. Just use your imagination and play in the rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, that's a lot of help, I understand it now, time to write a bio and join the fray. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with cuc, the more stuff my opponent has on his bio, the easier it is for me to write.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Cucumba said:
In one of my better fights, I wrote in the defeat of my character . . . but I still won.
Was that against me, Cucumba? :D

He's absolutely right; it's great to have a character with interesting techniques or an in depth history but at the end of the day it's skill at writing that wins the matches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agree in full with the Cuckie Monster. Take Gohan's character for instance...he has a lot of great abilities that mesh well with my character's background. We're currently engage din the Royal Rumble...all of our characters will come out of this fight changed somehow. Engar has a ghost arm, Cucumba has an inevitable fight with my character to look forward to, Hwoarang's character's background has become slowly revealed more and more...it really opens up tons of options having the bios.

That's why I keep mine in my sig and update it. My guy's changed so much in the last two months that it would be seriously lame if someone had tried to post knowing only what he was originally.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you join a faction? Do you have to request it or do you get an offer?

Also; Can I write in events from FC fights into my bio to keep a constant, ever changing storyline (kind of like wrestling)?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, if you take a gander at my profile

You'll see that once I revealed the origin of my character, I didn't hesitate to make it "Breaking News."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom